Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Did you know? Zee to launch a channel that will air Pakistani content only
By Our Correspondent
Published: June 2, 2014

716521-dhoop-1401723339-960-640x480.jpg

Promotional poster of Dhoop Kinaray. PHOTO: FILE

The Zee network will soon be launching a channel Zindagi which will only air Pakistani content. The channel, slated to be launched on June 23, will pick successful Pakistani television soaps and dramas for its Indian viewers, reported Forbes India.

To test this idea, short clips of Pakistani shows were shown to families across India. The feedback reinforced the belief that these shows will work with the masses.

“The market today is already being fragmented with varied classes of people opting for a variety of content. We want to make sure we have an offering for the premium mass Hindi-speaking markets. This will help us expand our audience base, tap into premium advertisers and shore up revenues in the long run,” said Punit Goenka, MD and CEO of ZeeEntertainment Enterprises Limited.

The audience for such content is about 40 million TV homes. India has a total of 140 million homes that watch television.

In the early stages, the channel will air four hours of new programming every day; as time will progress, it will pick up content from other parts of the world as well and commission new programmes that will be produced both in India and Pakistan.

Several novels are also being converted into soaps and 12 telefilms have been commissioned.

Just like Pakistan, memories of classic shows like Dhoop Kinaare and Ankahi are still strong with the Indian audiences of the 1980s. However, the question is, will young viewers connect with this genre?

Yep, it is already getting promoted here

That's what we needed... :rolleyes:. I don't know what is the point of this.

it will be urdu... there nothing like impure Urdu..
They i don't see anything happening here. People here don't understand that much urdu words. By Pure mean those huge and difficult words without any hindi words.

They i don't see anything happening here. People here don't understand that much urdu words. By Pure mean those huge and difficult words without any hindi words.
oh you meant spoken urdu... yes most of the serials are easy to understand... similar to Indian movies.. for viewers of south they might need to add subtitles... God knows!

oh you meant spoken urdu... yes most of the serials are easy to understand... similar to Indian movies.. for viewers of south they might need to add subtitles... God knows!
Oh then i guess language won't be an issue. :cheers:

Did you know? Zee to launch a channel that will air Pakistani content only
By Our Correspondent
Published: June 2, 2014

716521-dhoop-1401723339-960-640x480.jpg

Promotional poster of Dhoop Kinaray. PHOTO: FILE

The Zee network will soon be launching a channel Zindagi which will only air Pakistani content. The channel, slated to be launched on June 23, will pick successful Pakistani television soaps and dramas for its Indian viewers, reported Forbes India.

To test this idea, short clips of Pakistani shows were shown to families across India. The feedback reinforced the belief that these shows will work with the masses.

“The market today is already being fragmented with varied classes of people opting for a variety of content. We want to make sure we have an offering for the premium mass Hindi-speaking markets. This will help us expand our audience base, tap into premium advertisers and shore up revenues in the long run,” said Punit Goenka, MD and CEO of ZeeEntertainment Enterprises Limited.

The audience for such content is about 40 million TV homes. India has a total of 140 million homes that watch television.

In the early stages, the channel will air four hours of new programming every day; as time will progress, it will pick up content from other parts of the world as well and commission new programmes that will be produced both in India and Pakistan.

Several novels are also being converted into soaps and 12 telefilms have been commissioned.

Just like Pakistan, memories of classic shows like Dhoop Kinaare and Ankahi are still strong with the Indian audiences of the 1980s. However, the question is, will young viewers connect with this genre?
I know it and it would be most soaps they should show other Drams which play one day in a week

it will be urdu... there nothing like impure Urdu..

Come to Bangalore. I'll make your acquaintance with impure Urdu.:enjoy:

As for pure Urdu, I doubt if many Pakistanis themselves will understand it. Because the 'purer' it gets, the closer to Farsi it gets. Case in point: Quami Tarana. :)

Come to Bangalore. I'll make your acquaintance with impure Urdu.:enjoy:

As for pure Urdu, I doubt if many Pakistanis themselves will understand it. Because the 'purer' it gets, the closer to Farsi it gets. Case in point: Quami Tarana. :)

The people in punjab, kpk , balochistan speak more purer urdu these days because they learn standar urdu from text books, I was in karachi and I noticed that they speak slang urdu. It is same in germany, pure standard german is native to no area but all the people can speak standard german because they learn it from text books in school which are all it stadard german. Same is the case in pakistan, a punjabi educated in urdu from lahore today speaks more of a book form of standard urdu than a so-called urdu speaker who would speak a highly hindi slang mixed form of urdu, like tere ko mere ko bola tha etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom