What's new

Did this female flashmob in Lahore send the wrong message about empowerment?

Do you think this viral ad was effective ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 47 62.7%
  • It's confusing

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
just an advt.... company cynically exploit anything and everything to establish their brand... nothing to do with feminism...
what do you think of ads that promise a percentage of profit to african children if you buy their product?

We should empower desi women so that they equally contribute toward rent, utility bills, food, shopping, education of children etc instead of sitting at home and watching SAAS BAHU serials ..aqal thikane a jahey ghi aur sara nasha utar jahey ga feminism ka aur equality ka

So the point is while you can point to one generic statement, which not many people would have a problem with -- in practicality "live and let live" is only a myth. It's simply your version of morality versus mine with strong arguments on both sides and when it's clutch time, nothings off limits...

The fallacy of your argument is shown clearly and easily by progressive societies in the present day world, where everybody has the equal right to live as they please, without impinging on the rights of others to do so as well. The situation you are trying to describe arises only where some take it upon themselves to force their views on everyone else under the pretext of freedom of views, and cry foul when stopped since they deny other the rights they want for themselves. There is a distinct and clear difference.

This is a rubbish movement. A cheap ploy to glean YouTube views around a controversial topic.

Women who are serious about feminism educate themselves and become decision makers in society.

... Dancing girls don't really have much power in this world.

Dear God, after seeing this video, I must say it was a cringe fest. I literally felt embarrassed. I have no idea what these retarded ladies were trying to do or what was the point.

The Pro-Western Supporters are only 1 to 2% in Pakistan. These women were forced to do Mujra, otherwise these women wouldn't get paid if they don't do so. Dancing in front of thousand of Men who are making videos of their mujra nice stuff :D. what are they promoting CLOTHING FOR WOMEN, why are they targeting Men ????:what: Men don't wear Women clothing:hitwall:. The real thing the producer wanted Eye Candy(Why not do it in front of everybody especially Men so they can enjoy also ) and nothing more. Shameless Mujra Promoting People.

If they wanted to empower women, they would have done it in a shopping mall in front of a women crowd, then the flash-mob would have sound right because they're dancing and promoting their clothes in front of the right crowd.

This flash mob have nothing to do with empowering educated or uneducated Women. Only Shameless Mujra Promoters targeting the wrong crowd for their own Fun. Just to irritate the Pakistani Public.

The Pro-Western Supporters are only 1 to 2% in Pakistan. These women were forced to do Mujra, otherwise these women wouldn't get paid if they don't do so. Dancing in front of thousand of Men who are making videos of their mujra nice stuff :D. what are they promoting CLOTHING FOR WOMEN, why are they targeting Men ????:what: Men don't wear Women clothing:hitwall:. The real thing the producer wanted Eye Candy(Why not do it in front of everybody especially Men so they can enjoy also ) and nothing more. Shameless Mujra Promoting People.

If they wanted to empower women, they would have done it in a shopping mall in front of a women crowd, then the flash-mob would have sound right because they're dancing and promoting their clothes in front of the right crowd.

This flash mob have nothing to do with empowering educated or uneducated Women. Only Shameless Mujra Promoters targeting the wrong crowd for their own Fun. Just to irritate the Pakistani Public.

Our concept was #doyourownthing and it was not about women empowerment. We were not promoting any cause or telling people about appropriate behavior. The creative artists wanted to use dance as an inspiration and created a scene for impact. If you watch it as a movie clip, you would agree that these girls are wearing decent clothes and the dance movements are not vulgar. It's certainly more decent clothes and dance movements than most Pakistani or Indian song videos or what people watch at Mehndi these days. Such negative reaction to a simple dance by girls on a public place has caught us and everybody associated with this project by surprise.
We are not a big budget, foreign funded movie house. So the glamour and glitz is not to the standard that people see it in Hollywood movies like Step Up ($45 million) but it was an exciting project for everyone associated with it till the negativity hit the girls. The artists were part of a college dance society and dance is an expression for them and we just let them do their thing.

From DYOT fb page

Our concept was #doyourownthing and it was not about women empowerment. We were not promoting any cause or telling people about appropriate behavior. The creative artists wanted to use dance as an inspiration and created a scene for impact. If you watch it as a movie clip, you would agree that these girls are wearing decent clothes and the dance movements are not vulgar. It's certainly more decent clothes and dance movements than most Pakistani or Indian song videos or what people watch at Mehndi these days. Such negative reaction to a simple dance by girls on a public place has caught us and everybody associated with this project by surprise.
We are not a big budget, foreign funded movie house. So the glamour and glitz is not to the standard that people see it in Hollywood movies like Step Up ($45 million) but it was an exciting project for everyone associated with it till the negativity hit the girls. The artists were part of a college dance society and dance is an expression for them and we just let them do their thing.

From DYOT fb page

Shame they used women as S*X objects. A legal notice should be sent to them. Look what the Pakistan Ladies are expressing in this link about this Forced Mujra Flash-mob . Salute to Pakistani Women bashing these DYOT Jerks.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1178015/fashion-brand-comes-fire-female-flash-mob-lahore/

Shame they used women as S*X objects. A legal notice should be sent to them. Look what the Pakistan Ladies are expressing in this link about this Forced Mujra Flash-mob . Salute to Pakistani Women bashing these DYOT Jerks.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1178015/fashion-brand-comes-fire-female-flash-mob-lahore/
Is dancing illegal
No
Are flash mobs illegal no
So they did nothing illegal a bit distasteful yes i dont support but threatning them which folks like you are doing online

Is dancing illegal
No
Are flash mobs illegal no
So they did nothing illegal a bit distasteful yes i dont support but threatning them which folks like you are doing online

I have no issues with Flash-mobs held in shopping mall as i have said before, but i have issues with Ladies dancing (throwing dupatta's which was very shocking :blink:) in front of a Male Crowd. I will say "Yes" and Support Flash-mobs held in Shopping Malls and i will say "NO" to Mujra on Street in front of Male crowd.

TV ads
So what they did is legal

There is nothing bad in these ads , these ads are showing Pakistani culture at great. Plus these women are not throwing their dupatta's. These ads have no link with the one being discuss in this thread.

I have no issues with Flash-mobs held in shopping mall as i have said before, but i have issues with Ladies dancing (throwing dupatta's which was very shocking :blink:) in front of a Male Crowd. I will say "Yes" and Support Flash-mobs held in Shopping Malls and i will say "NO" to Mujra on Street in front of Male crowd.
I said it was distasteful but they shouldnot be threatened over it i have issue with dancing for your abuser in this ad nut that doesnot mean i start sending death threats to the models

I said it was distasteful but they shouldnot be threatened over it i have issue with dancing for your abuser in this ad nut that doesnot mean i start sending death threats to the models

Only an idiot will threat the women in the Lahore Flash-mob these women are being used. The real culprits are the dirty minded Producer and Director who used women as S*X objects in this ad. They should face the strict law not these ladies.

These Ladies are from poor Pakistani families who just want to get into Showbiz to make their dreams come true. These Directors and Producers used them as S*X TOOLS for their own Fun. They are the real culprits not these ladies.

Only an idiot will threat the women in the Lahore Flash-mob these women are being used. The real culprits are the dirty minded Producer and Director who used women as S*X objects in this ad. They should face the strict law not these ladies.

These Ladies are from poor Pakistani families who just want to get into Showbiz to make their dreams come true. These Directors and Producers used them as S*X TOOLS for their own Fun. They are the real culprits not these ladies.
They were threatened unfortunately and their lives are in danger thanks to the cyber muftis

They agreed to it and were ok with the project i too blame directors but for a different reason i.e encouraging harrasers

They were threatened unfortunately and their lives are in danger thanks to the cyber muftis

They agreed to it and were ok with the project i too blame directors but for a different reason i.e encouraging harrasers

I don't like hypocrites Muftis. Muftis like Abdul Qavi who first S*xually abuse models like Qandeel Baloch and then say killing her will do good for Islam. :astagh: Such Muftis should be hanged.

Back
Top Bottom