What's new

Did Bangladesh fall into a trap?

We hear all this but where in 40 years has this happened. The first leader who tried to make something of Bangladesh (i.e. Ziaur Rahman) we killed and all other governments before and after have been worthless and corrupt. I have lived in BD for the last 14 years and I have no illusions. What resources we have has been built up with external help. Resources is not the problem we as a people are. Don't forget this is the nation of Mir Jafor.
You are either coward or just love USA

by the way are u muslim? You seem to lack islamic knowledge

“It may be dangerous to be America’s enemy, but to be America’s friend is fatal”

Henry Kissinger said in November 1968, after Richard Nixon was elected U.S. president but before he took office: “Nixon should be told that it is probably an objective of Clifford to depose Thieu (South Vietnamese president Nguyen Van Thieu—ed.) before Nixon is inaugurated. Word should be gotten to Nixon that if Thieu meets the same fate as Diem, the word will go out to the nations of the world that it may be dangerous to be America’s enemy, but to be America’s friend is fatal.”
100000000000000000000000000000% agree with imran bhai
if once usa enter in Bangladesh than you see how region will start progress

Mr. Munshi you are my brother thinking short term goal, which is given to USA to be on bangladeshi soil and water. If you think the long term affect, buddy, the dreams we have for our country, you can say good bye to that unless we lick their toe or US were to be destroyed. Now you are saying we'll wait untill US collapse. How do u know the country will collapse? Only Allah knows future...so bro talk logically...to get rid off india's influence in bangladesh, only way is to educate our people, build our social structure, invide islam to the country and spend more on defence. Also to make good friendship with our brotherly muslim nations and china, these are the true allies of bangladesh.

What you are saying will never happen. In 40 years we have not been able to do it. I am not saying to surrender to the US but to use and learn from them. Maybe then we can stop behaving like slaves. I don't believe in all these dreams that we can build this country with our own hands. We have had long enough to try but we have only made a mess and this mess is now getting worse. Indian infiltration is too much and we have too many traitors in our country. We are barely a country .......

I am certainly not a coward and not in love with the USA. I am just saying the truth. What has BD achieved in 40 years without outside assistance. NOTHING.

We should accept US assistance on our terms .... This has to be negotiated.

by the way are u muslim? You seem to lack islamic knowledge

What has Islam got to do with this? I have already said dozens of Muslim countries have military ties with America so are we better Muslims than them. They understand their national interest and we do not.

There is a saying in bangla that to remove one thorn you need another thorn to push the other thorn out ......

What you are saying will never happen. In 40 years we have not been able to do it. I am not saying to surrender to the US but to use and learn from them. Maybe then we can stop behaving like slaves. I don't believe in all these dreams that we can build this country with our own hands. We have had long enough to try but we have only made a mess and this mess is now getting worse. Indian infiltration is too much and we have too many traitors in our country. We are barely a country .......

I am certainly not a coward and not in love with the USA. I am just saying the truth. What has BD achieved in 40 years without outside assistance. NOTHING.

What has Islam got to do with this? I have already said dozens of Muslim countries have military ties with America so are we better Muslims than them. They understand their national interest and we do not.

You are trying to be pragmatic but ending up like a coward. You want to know what bangladesh achieved, look your surrounding, I believe you live in bangladesh, it wasn't there. When Pak army left, for example, there were no bridges, no infrastructure, not even a passenger plane as far I know. From there to present state bangladesh advanced, with the will of Allah, from almost zero to something more. I won't answer you anymore because you are asking same thing again and again.

You are trying to be pragmatic but ending up like a coward. You want to know what bangladesh achieved, look your surrounding, I believe you live in bangladesh, it wasn't there. When Pak army left, for example, there were no bridges, no infrastructure, not even a passenger plane as far I know. From there to present state bangladesh advanced, with the will of Allah, from almost zero to something more. I won't answer you anymore because you are asking same thing again and again.

Living in Canada you are the only coward and fool here . At least I live in the country. Where did the money come from for all these bridges and infrastructure - USA, Japan, UK, WB, IMF, ADB, EU. In 40 years BD has received more than $20 billion in financial aid.

dont care what happens in bay of Bangal!!!!

Sir if Bangladesh allows 7th fleet in its water it will be danger for China. 7th fleet has around 300 fighter planes. China southern cities will be in danger.

Bangladesh not a friend :frown:

Well...I found most Bangladeshi think China as a friend :tup: though current govt. is not. If you are concerned, what are you doing to stop this (though this 7th fleet story is baseless at this moment)? Current BD govt. is not able to protect its people let alone US 7th fleet but there's a China-BD military pact, does China still value that..just asking?

old habits die hard .. after all bangladeshi are Ex pakistanis licking american boot is their fav past time :coffee:

Well...I found most Bangladeshi think China as a friend :tup: though current govt. is not. If you are concerned, what are you doing to stop this (though this 7th fleet story is baseless at this moment)? Current BD govt. is not able to protect its people let alone US 7th fleet but there's a China-BD military pact, does China still value that..just asking?

Sir we ll just deploy batteries of long rage rockets and cruise missiles towards Bangladeshi port hosting USN.

Mi dong tu long is probably not even Chinese. Be careful who you agree with. I think he is another Bangladeshi. Has Aazidane been banned again?

America's foreign policy is diverting toward Asia . they are going to 60% of their naval asset in Asia within 2020 . in the light of that event i think may be the news in Indian media not untrue . though i am not believing it either. you see the top official from US is frequently visiting our country its not certainly for having a tea with our leaders but to ensure their interest in Bangladesh.

I think we should not allow any foreign country to build base in our soil . we should have a political consensus among our two main political party not to give any chance to any country to have their base . in the event of China US rivalry we should try to keep a safe distance from both side.

There is a saying in bangla that to remove one thorn you need another thorn to push the other thorn out ......

We have progress much in the last 40 years.
We can take US assistance but cannot let them build their base in our soil . it will damage our relation with China .
And don't forget A country does not any enemy if US is the friend of that country . so no extra love for US

I see many BD posters are giving examples of Japan, S Korea, GCC etc where US forces are stationed and trying to correlate that with their development. Dealings of a foreign force may be different with different nations. Behavior of the colonial era British was not the same towards Africans, Asians and Arabs. Because a typical African, a typical Asian and a typical Arab was/is completely different from each other in character, political awareness and so on. Please bring this into consideration. Also the scenario is different with each nation. Think twice before you make a decision. What are the implications and consequences of stationing a foreign troop, what will you lose and what are the gains?? Hosting a foreign fleet doesn't mean they will always and only restrict themselves in their ships on the sea. Are you sure the US phantom is not worse than the Indian phantom? A lot of time we are blaming India for our own countrymen's action. We must take our own responsibility, playing potential enemies against each other comes in the last.

America's foreign policy is diverting toward Asia . they are going to 60% of their naval asset in Asia within 2020 . in the light of that event i think may be the news in Indian media not untrue . though i am not believing it either. you see the top official from US is frequently visiting our country its not certainly for having a tea with our leaders but to ensure their interest in Bangladesh.

I think we should not allow any foreign country to build base in our soil . we should have a political consensus among our two main political party not to give any chance to any country to have their base . in the event of China US rivalry we should try to keep a safe distance from both side.

We have progress much in the last 40 years.
We can take US assistance but cannot let them build their base in our soil . it will damage our relation with China .
And don't forget A country does not any enemy if US is the friend of that country . so no extra love for US

I think BD should provide docking facilities for the US and Chinese navies. It will be a good experience for own navy to learn how other navies operate. I think Bangladesh is too small to accommodate a full fledged military base.

I see many BD posters are giving examples of Japan, S Korea, GCC etc where US forces are stationed and trying to correlate that with their development. Dealings of a foreign force may be different with different nations. Behavior of the colonial era British was not the same towards Africans, Asians and Arabs. Because a typical African, a typical Asian and a typical Arab was/is completely different from each other in character, political awareness and so on. Please bring this into consideration. Also the scenario is different with each nation. Think twice before you take a decision. What are the implications and consequences of stationing a foreign troop, what will you lose and what are the gains?? Hosting a foreign fleet doesn't mean they will always and only restrict themselves in their ships on the sea. Are you sure the US phantom is not worse than the Indian phantom? A lot of time we are blaming India for our own countrymen's action. We must take our own responsibility, playing potential enemies against each other comes last.

If we do not open up to the US and China then other countries in the region such as Myanmar will. You will see that in 20 years Myanmar is far ahead of Bangladesh because they made the right decision in their national interest. They are already providing military facilities for the Chinese and Indians and possibly the Americans will follow. Myanmar will steam ahead of Bangladesh in every sphere while we remain a poor, backward and weak country that can only dream.

I think BD should provide docking facilities for the US and Chinese navies. It will be a good experience for own navy to learn how other navies operate. I think Bangladesh is too small to accommodate a full fledged military base.

What we will learn from US navy which have 50+ warship just in their seventh fleet where we are operating 5 frigate ? we are already have training program for our navy with many navies ,so nothing to learn by giving docking access and allowing a dragon and Lion to showcase their might we the ''ant'' will suffer the most better to have a safe distance from their rivalry

Back
Top Bottom