What's new

Did Ancient Pakistanis Defeated The Mighty Alexander The Great.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
replace the word in bold with "Jhooth"...and then see it from Indian view how funny it is to try to prove something which is just a plain lie.

Porus was a hindu is a well known fact..whats the doubt on it ?? Indians so far have given a better and logical arguments than your Pakistani friends,you will easily know it it, if you have any knowledge of history...read them carefully and honestly judge whats the truth.

True! This thread is astounding! The first time the word Pakistan was used was in the 1940s. Columbus set out to discover India, it was India that was referred to by numerous ancient historians, it was India that Alexander the great wanted to conquer. Pakistan as a concept, took birth in the 1940s and came to fruition in 1947.

And there is nothing wrong with that! Old is not always gold. Nations like India and China that have had civilizations for thousands of years are so much behind the USA which is barely 2+ centuries old!

But this thread is pure falsification of history and is amusing, to say the least. Pakistan was formed as a bastion for Islam, and on the basis of the theory of a home for subcontinental Muslims. A Pakistani can justifiably feel proud of the idea of Pakistan, and the concept of Pakistan, there is no need to bring in such 'masala' about ancient Pakistan and all that!

I want to ask all Pakistani members here a question.

The city of Lahore was founded by the son of lord Ram LUV.Another Pakistani city named Kasur was founded by his twin brother KUSH.I want to know how many Pakistani members would call them 'Ancient Pakistanis'.

wow !! i did not know this...can you brief on this ?

Porus was a gandhar and they are hindus,if the poster has his way tomorrow he will call bhagat singh a pakistani

:woot: And he was a terrorist. damn these Pakistanis started it against Britishers

Q1 - Why are those mountain ranges called Hindu Kush?

Q2- I have heard that 'Hindu Kush' means 'Slaughter of Hindus'...how true is that?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

:woot: And he was a terrorist. damn these Pakistanis started it against Britishers

Please don't derail the thread. There's a fact based discussion going on here.

Dude alexander was never deafeted ,king porus was defeated because the treachery of king of ambhi who taught alexander how to fight elephants,the animals the greek feared as they had heared about these animals enroute,porus fought bravely and impressed alexander with his bravery ,alexander gave porus his kingdom back and never crossed jhelum because of reports that mighty king of magadha was waiting for him there with 8000 chariots ,scores of elephants and a large cavalry,alexander's soldiers were tired and he had to move back,there was no pakistan then so using the word india should not be a problem, unless you want to change the history yourself.

I didn't said that Alexender was defeated.

Yes king porus was defeated but it was his gloriuos defeat which stopped the mighty greek army from marching into the Modern Land of India.

It was for the first time in history that Alexender recognized The bravery of some person/Ruler and Placed his personality above him.

There was no India in the history.

As Described,the Rulers ambhi and Porus were two Rulers ruling in different Territories.

No where in the history it is written that The land forming present subcontinent was bounded by any Central state or was conjoined by any boundary containing the present day's Pakistan,India,Bangladesh,Nepal,Bhutan and Burma.

What is the base of calling those Different territories ruled by different rulers as one single Major territory.
The truth is that there was no such kind of Head territory Ruling or heading those small territories in the past which was even near to the definition of defining a piece of land territory.

What are the bases of calling a piece of land a territory if that land holds many sub territories ruled by different rulers???

Ans:There are only two bases;

1)If the territory has a central power house either with full authority or with no authority acting only as a show piece.
2)If some boundary is been demarked to compile all those territories in a single Major territory.

But there is no mention in a history of either a central government acting as a head of all those territories or either those territories were bounded by a demarked Boundary.

Actually the real situation was that:

"In ancient times,There were hundreds or thousands of Countries present in the Piece of land which now a day called as south Asia.

The todays south asia includes the countries Pakistan,India,Bangladesh,Burma,Bhutan and Nepal.
The history,culture & Traditions of those territories belongs to the respective countries in which those territories were present.

There can be similarities in way of living of the people living in those territories belongs to some Modern day Mentioned country with those of some other modern day Mentioned country but this doesn't implies for any of these country to claim the history of some other mentioned country".

"Pakistan was formed as a bastion for Islam, and on the basis of the theory of a home for subcontinental Muslims. A Pakistani can justifiably feel proud of the idea of Pakistan, and the concept of Pakistan, there is no need to bring in such 'masala' about ancient Pakistan and all that!"

Why not, its our land, people who inhabited these lands are our ancestors and YES they werent muslims. Indians need to get out of this mentality that Pakistanis only care about Muslim rule. As i have mentioned before on these forums i am also very proud of being a Kamboh (kamboja), a pre islamic kingdom (roughly north west Pakistan and Eastern Afghanistan).

I want to ask all Pakistani members here a question.

The city of Lahore was founded by the son of lord Ram LUV.Another Pakistani city named Kasur was founded by his twin brother KUSH.I want to know how many Pakistani members would call them 'Ancient Pakistanis'.

Please dont bring religion into this thread, you can believe whatever you want to, got no problem with that but can you prove scientifically that a Gods son came and built my city? If no then since im not a Hindu i find your argument baseless.

"Pakistan was formed as a bastion for Islam, and on the basis of the theory of a home for subcontinental Muslims. A Pakistani can justifiably feel proud of the idea of Pakistan, and the concept of Pakistan, there is no need to bring in such 'masala' about ancient Pakistan and all that!"

Why not, its our land, people who inhabited these lands are our ancestors and YES they werent muslims. Indians need to get out of this mentality that Pakistanis only care about Muslim rule. As i have mentioned before on these forums i am also very proud of being a Kamboh (kamboja), a pre islamic kingdom (roughly north west Pakistan and Eastern Afghanistan).

Frankly, seeing some (not all) Pakistani comments on this forum and elsewhere about evil Hindus, and having seen all kinds of derogatory references to Hindus, and constantly referring to Indians as 'Hindu Baniyas or Brahmins', I find it tough to believe that the majority of Pakistan agrees with you. The sentiment seems to be a rejection of the past history of the people of present day Pakistan, and to view history only from the time of the advent of Islam and/or birth of Pakistan.

Keeping that aside for the moment, it is a fact that this patch of land was called India in the past, for thousands of years. Historians all over the world have documented India. So it does sound odd to speak of 'ancient Pakistanis defeating Alexander'.

True! This thread is astounding! The first time the word Pakistan was used was in the 1940s. Columbus set out to discover India, it was India that was referred to by numerous ancient historians, it was India that Alexander the great wanted to conquer. Pakistan as a concept, took birth in the 1940s and came to fruition in 1947.

And there is nothing wrong with that! Old is not always gold. Nations like India and China that have had civilizations for thousands of years are so much behind the USA which is barely 2+ centuries old!

But this thread is pure falsification of history and is amusing, to say the least. Pakistan was formed as a bastion for Islam, and on the basis of the theory of a home for subcontinental Muslims. A Pakistani can justifiably feel proud of the idea of Pakistan, and the concept of Pakistan, there is no need to bring in such 'masala' about ancient Pakistan and all that!

why are bringing masla to declare bharatavarsha the same word India :P

SnIPeR Xr said:
1)If the territory has a central power house either with full authority or with no authority acting only as a show piece.

But there is no mention in a history of either a central government acting as a head of all those territories or either those territories were bounded by a demarked Boundary.

So what was the Mauryan Empire then? ( Or the Gupta Empire or the Mughal Empire)
For your reference again

Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

The entire region is called the "Indian subcontinent" for a reason

Here is another Civilization : (note I'm bringing in China only for the sake of reference and the fact that it's another country besides India which has preserved it's ancient (5000yrs) traditions )

J6Gjn.gif

why are bringing masla to declare bharatavarsha the same word India :P

Theek hai ji, 'Bharat' bula lo, India bula lo, kya farak padta hai? (but don't call it Hindustan, we are not only 'Hindu'stan:) )

India's official name as per Indian constitution is 'Bharatiya Ganarajya', (republic of India).

Please dont bring religion into this thread, you can believe whatever you want to, got no problem with that but can you prove scientifically that a Gods son came and built my city? If no then since im not a Hindu i find your argument baseless.

so you are now saying things and cities related to prophet mohamad are baseless.. your logic there goes baseless:hitwall:

Q1 - Why are those mountain ranges called Hindu Kush?

Q2- I have heard that 'Hindu Kush' means 'Slaughter of Hindus'...how true is that?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Please don't derail the thread. There's a fact based discussion going on here.

And who told you the Hindukush mountain range is synonymous with the religion of Hindus ??

and who told you that the mountain range has only one name that is hindukush?

it has many names ranging from Himalayas to hindukush and so on.

"In ancient times,There were hundreds or thousands of Countries present in the Piece of land which now a day called as south Asia.

The todays south asia includes the countries Pakistan,India,Bangladesh,Burma,Bhutan and Nepal.
The history,culture & Traditions of those territories belongs to the respective countries in which those territories were present.

There can be similarities in way of living of the people living in those territories belongs to some Modern day Mentioned country with those of some other modern day Mentioned country but this doesn't implies for any of these country to claim the history of some other mentioned country".

So based on the above said line how would u like to describe about the Mauryan and gupta kingdoms, ancient hindu dynasties with their HQ's present in the modern day India,and among the dynasties which brought forward the India legend

1.Did they conquered the present day Pakistan and consider them as foreign invasion
2.Pakistan was very much a part of Mauryan empire and hence were the part of indian history
3.Or Mauryan empire is considered the part of Pakistani history

Just for the sake of argument,nothing else

so you are now saying things and cities related to prophet mohamad are baseless.. your logic there goes baseless:hitwall:
Religion is not limited to country. But its hard for a troll to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom