What's new

Dhaka must protest at Delhi’s insulting Bangladesh war narrative

I think he meant 'betray'.....

In any case an older brother does not fault every misstep of the younger generation - take things in stride and with patience....we expect nothing less of a person of your stature.

অনুজ দের প্রতি অযথা বিরক্ত হবেন না দাদা। যেতে দিন। ছেড়ে দিন। সব ই বয়সের দোষ। ওর রক্ত একটু গরম আরকি।

Arre, haath dhuey uthey porey legechhey, Moshai. Kot'dur shohjyo hoe? Eta yarki naki? Kothae kothae ninda, byango, opoman. Shob kichhu'r sheema thaakey.

Indian troops had joined Bangladesh’s freedom fighters on December 3, 1971, which had definitely expedited the victory over the enemy forces of Pakistan, but the Indian physical involvement in the war field, despite the sacrifice of lives of about 1,500 Indian troops on the soil of Bangladesh, was in no way the decisive factor behind Bangladesh victory.

I clicked on quoting this part of the article to seek inputs from Pakistanis , then I found these posts below which answered my intended question.

I go with what the Pak poster below says.

If India didn't get involved, BD would still be east Pakistan.

Actually yes. If India didn't get involved, the insurgency would have been crushed.

Arre, haath dhuey uthey porey legechhey, Moshai. Kot'dur shohjyo hoe? Eta yarki naki? Kothae kothae ninda, byango, opoman. Shob kichhu'r sheema thaakey.

দাদা উঠে পড়ে লাগার পেছনে হয়তোবা কোনো কারণ আছে। কেই বা জানে ...

ওগুলো অল্প স্বল্প ইগনোর করতে হয়।

দেখুন না এখানে বাংলাদেশ ফোরাম এ সবাই কিন্তু ওর সাথে ঝগড়া শুরু করেনি।

ঝগড়া ঝাটি লাগালে আপনার মেজাজটাই নষ্ট হবে। ফায়দা কি?

আমরা সবাই এখানে আসি মজা করবার জন্য।

ওকে উস্কানি দেয়া বা আশকারা না দেয়াই উত্তম কাজ।

দাদা উঠে পড়ে লাগার পেছনে হয়তোবা কোনো কারণ আছে। কেই বা জানে ...

ওগুলো অল্প স্বল্প ইগনোর করতে হয়।

দেখুন না এখানে বাংলাদেশ ফোরাম এ সবাই কিন্তু ওর সাথে ঝগড়া শুরু করেনি।

ঝগড়া ঝাটি লাগালে আপনার মেজাজটাই নষ্ট হবে। ফায়দা কি?

আমরা সবাই এখানে আসি মজা করবার জন্য।

ওকে উস্কানি দেয়া বা আশকারা না দেয়াই উত্তম কাজ।

Tao to theek. Khanti kotha. Nijer mejaj kharap kore labh ki? Kichhukshoner jonye Bangali hoye Bangali'r opoman shune mathae rokto chore gechhilo. Ebar osudh kheye pata ulte onyotha'e jawai bhalo.

Boyosh'o holo to, e oshobhyo byabohar oshohjyo hoye darae.

The day the military was unleashed on East Pakistan is when East Pakistan seized to exist. Period.

A poor third world country like Pakistan was never going to win a war a thousand miles away.

Heck India couldn't even keep peace in SriLanka with 70,000 soldiers operating in less than 15000 squared miles area. India ended up fighting and losing to a force it funded, trained , and built. We all know what LTTE did to Rajiv Gandhi after India's unglorified exit from Sri Lanka..

Every revolution and war of independence had some sort of a third party help.

A) U.S Received help from France.

The French goal in assisting the Americans was to weaken Britain and to exact revenge for the defeat. In 1777, America captured the British invasion army at Saratoga. In 1778, France recognized the United States of America as a sovereign nation, signed a military alliance and went to war with Britain. France built coalitions with the Netherlands and Spain, provided Americans with grants, arms and loans, sent a combat army to serve under George Washington, and sent a navy that prevented the second British army from escaping from Yorktown in 1781
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_in_the_American_Revolutionary_War

B) Vietnam received help from Russia and China
We all know the details of that.

The reasons Pakistan was never going to win are pretty simple,

1) Pakistan never fought an expeditionary war. Zero experience.
2) Certainly did not have the resource nowhere near needed to fight an expeditionary war.
3) The entire people of the East Pakistan was against it were pretty pissed cause their election was stolen and the military was unleashed on them.

If somebody stole something from me and then attack me physically I will put my foot so far up in their as......

Well you get the point :)
Except Pakistan was not fighting an expeditionary war at all. Your comments are based on flawed comparisons, the biggest one being the Indian "PKforce" in Sri Lanka, which was different in nature than what Pakistan was doing.

Pakistan would have eventually won, as it was militarily stronger, and had an incentive to keep fighting. Your entire argument hinges on the idea that Pakistan was a foreign force in East Pakistan, it was not.

Lol completely different rules of engagement.

If there was no Indian intervention in East Pakistan by training and arming the Mukti Bahini and then the final invasion....Pakistan would have crushed the rebellion over a longer period of time. India would not have challenged Pakistani arms and troops shipments for example. Pakistan definitely had enough local support too, ask @Arefin007 for his personal story.

You were basically quite fortunate that India and Pakistan were already dead-set enemies. Some would say thats what really added impetus to the Pakistan civil war in the time frame in question.

When these defence board clowns talk about splitting up a country that was a major reason for their liberation/independence (and not just once or twice, but repeatedly)....I basically see why the concept of Pakistan crystalised over there and why they eventually betrayed that cause too.

BD "elite" on defence boards...in general less said about them the better.

A couple posts here and there is all I am posting now. You do not need to be nagging me or psycho-analysing me for each one (and I won't do the same for you), if there is a forum violation, please point it out or report it.

How am I denigrating anyone beyond those that keep quoting the 3 million genocide number? Firstly, it only involves the people here in this forum and secondly I stated it only applies to those that do so specifically and repeatedly. Yes they do end up sounding like donkeys. Nothing about a whole country.

Now I am taking leave from this conversation, please don't quote me anymore.

And no I am not going to tag you each and every place in this forum earlier to point out why I interact with them the way I do....I really can't be bothered.

A good number of them have clearly stated India is the enemy nation for them (on both sides of their political divide). Thus such people I oppose and show the mirror to. If that denigrates them or seems denigrating, thats too bad. Anyway its history now given I have made my position quite clear as to how I will be interacting with them now.

I am not going to be posting many replies anymore, they will be quite infrequent but measured and targeted responses well within the forum rules.

If you find that venomous, so be it.
Hey bro you are completely justified in defending your country from haters and people who want to split it up. Its your duty and you have every right to attack those who abuse your country.

Plz ignore Joe Sheeran, he is Bengali nationalist with unhealthy obsession with Bangladesh. These kind of ethnic nationalists are curse for all countries, very intolerant lot them. Even in Europe , nobody cares about your ethnicity anymore. This is age of globalization and everybody is welcome, irrespective of race or religion. Ethnic racism is modern-day curse and has got to be rid of. I just want to tell Joe Sheeran one thing, you have been born and brought up in India, fed by India, take Indian government benefits, have the right to work anywhere in India, still you feel more love for Bangladesh, just because its Bengali-majority country, and demean your own fellow Indian brother Nilgiri for defending your own country India from haters. This is not good you know. For God's sake you have such a large country India. Be happy with it and plz leave Bangladesh alone. Bangladesh is based on two-nation theory.

Nilgiri bro I really admire your patriotism for country. Patriotism transcends religion and ethnicity. You know some petty ethnic nationalists divided our country up in '71 and kicked us out for not subscribing to ethnic nationalism. I hope same does not happen to your country and do not ever let someone divide your country up on the basis of ethnicity. These ethnic nationalists are traitors and have to be crushed to protect unity of country. I won't ever discriminate anyone based on religion, ethnicity, race or creed. All of them are proud citizens of the country they live in, and no one has the right to question or discriminate against them. I wish I could translate some of Joe Sheeran's posts here just so you know what he thinks about you

Dhaka should nt protest hahaha
India is our master

We knee down and give them the bestt ******

And why complain we took india side

Dhaka should nt protest hahaha
India is our master

We Jamaati knee down and give them the bestt ******

And why complain we took india side

Yes India is your jamati master's master.

Hey bro you are completely justified in defending your country from haters and people who want to split it up. Its your duty and you have every right to attack those who abuse your country.

Plz ignore Joe Sheeran, he is Bengali nationalist with unhealthy obsession with Bangladesh. These kind of ethnic nationalists are curse for all countries, very intolerant lot them. Even in Europe , nobody cares about your ethnicity anymore. This is age of globalization and everybody is welcome, irrespective of race or religion. Ethnic racism is modern-day curse and has got to be rid of. I just want to tell Joe Sheeran one thing, you have been born and brought up in India, fed by India, take Indian government benefits, have the right to work anywhere in India, still you feel more love for Bangladesh, just because its Bengali-majority country, and demean your own fellow Indian brother Nilgiri for defending your own country India from haters. This is not good you know. For God's sake you have such a large country India. Be happy with it and plz leave Bangladesh alone. Bangladesh is based on two-nation theory.

Nilgiri bro I really admire your patriotism for country. Patriotism transcends religion and ethnicity. You know some petty ethnic nationalists divided our country up in '71 and kicked us out for not subscribing to ethnic nationalism. I hope same does not happen to your country and do not ever let someone divide your country up on the basis of ethnicity. These ethnic nationalists are traitors and have to be crushed to protect unity of country. I won't ever discriminate anyone based on religion, ethnicity, race or creed. All of them are proud citizens of the country they live in, and no one has the right to question or discriminate against them. I wish I could translate some of Joe Sheeran's posts here just so you know what he thinks about you

Bla bla, but you are an Indian yourself. How long will you survive in this forum pretending to be related to BD for bashing the Jamaati purpose.

Bla bla, but you are an Indian yourself. How long will you survive in this forum pretending to be related to BD for bashing the Jamaati purpose.
Funny thing is, this 3rd generation rajakar is showering India with love and wishing for territorial integrity while his pyara Pakistan is anything but anti-thesis of unity of India.Doesn't he support 1947 partition or wish freedom for Kashmiri muslim like his Pak brothers do? He says, he doesn't support division of state based on ethnicity language while he is perfectly fine with the concept of Pakistan which was founded based on religious separatist nationalism.He says, he is above ethnicity,caste,creed,religion but believe in two nation theory which says Hindu and muslim can't live side by side.Isn't it insulting to human intellect?

Last edited:
Funny thing is, this 3rd generation rajakar is showering India with love and wishing for territorial integrity while his pyara Pakistan is anything but anti-thesis of unity of India.Doesn't he wish freedom for Kashmiri muslim like his Pak brothers?He says, he does't support division of state based on ethnicity language while he is perfectly fine with the concept of Pakistan which was founded based on religious separatist nationalism.He says, he is above ethnicity,caste,creed,religion but believe in two nation theory which says Hindu and muslim can't live side by side.Isn't it insulting to human intellect?

From his inception in this forum I know he is Indian. But I kept silent as he fulfilled my purpose to bash Jamaatis. But his identity would reveal sooner or later. Recently he said all Indian Muslims should migrate to BD, we dont have to be Einstein to guess why he said that.

Funny thing is, this 3rd generation rajakar is showering India with love and wishing for territorial integrity while his pyara Pakistan is anything but anti-thesis of unity of India.Doesn't he support 1947 partition or wish freedom for Kashmiri muslim like his Pak brothers?He says, he does't support division of state based on ethnicity language while he is perfectly fine with the concept of Pakistan which was founded based on religious separatist nationalism.He says, he is above ethnicity,caste,creed,religion but believe in two nation theory which says Hindu and muslim can't live side by side.Isn't it insulting to human intellect?
Pakistan and Bangladesh are separate countries from India because of two-nation theory. Why shouldn't I support it its founding principle of Pakistan. Without Two-nation theory, East Bengal would have been made part of India which most East Bengalis didn't want So what is your problem if support it. And how is Two-nation theory discriminating towards religion It clearly states that Hindu and Muslim societies of subcontinent are two-different nations. Do you agree or not? If not, then Bangladesh shouldn't exist in the first place. Don't contradict yourself.

There are many secular Indians but most of Indian population is rural and take religion very seriously. They can't tolerate beef-eating or anything like that. I think you have read about Dadri lynching case. Most Indian politicians consider Muslim community vote bank which is why they protect them Otherwise they would have been massacred by the rural masses there who aren't very secular to say the least. I am very happy that we got Muslim majority province East Bengal where Muslims can eat beef freely and aren't considered impure because of it. And plz read about the discrimination and atrocities against Bengali Muslims by Hindu elite classes and Zamindars in Bengal Presidency. It was major factor behind partition of Bengal. How can you just ignore the sacrifices our forefathers made for Pakistan and break our country up just because West Pakistanis spoke Urdu and belonged to geographically different area. Isn't it discrimination and narrow-mindedness. Pakistan was country for all sub-continent Muslims not just Bengalis

Also Kashmir is disputed territory. Kashmiris believe in Two-nation theory like us East Bengalis and want to be separate from India. So why shouldn't I support them They have full right of self-determination what they want, and their raja is no one to decide where Kashmir should or shouldn't go. I hope I made myself clear And plz get out of narrow mind

Yes India is your jamati master's master.

We voted for Pakistan in 47 you know so I will support whomever I like none of your concern. Awami League is traitor they betrayed us I don't have any sympathies for traitor Awamis who broke our country up

And how is Two-nation theory discriminating towards religion It clearly states that Hindu and Muslim societies of subcontinent are two-different nations. Do you agree or not? If not, then Bangladesh shouldn't exist in the first place. Don't contradict yourself.
I have no contradiction.We supported two nation theory in a particular time period to achieve something which will pave the way for independence of this land.Two nation theory was a means to achieve something not the faith of the people of East Bengal muslims.We never entertained the idea that Hindu and muslim can't live to gather.Example of which can be found by the substantial Hindu minority population still in BD. But in west pakistan religious cleansing was almost complete.We abandoned two nation theory immediately after achieving Pakistan.After achieving Pakistan we formed political and cultural organization which was inclusive to both Bengali Hindu and muslim.Our ultimate goal achieved in 1971.So two nation theory has no relevance in current BD. We used it for a brief period of time to shape our boundary as I belief Bengali people who constitute one of the largest ethnicity in the world deserves an independent state.

I have no contradiction.We supported two nation theory in a particular time period to achieve something which will pave the way for independence of this land.Two nation theory was a means to achieve something not the faith of the people of East Bengal muslims.We never entertained the idea that Hindu and muslim can't live to gather.Example of which can be found by the substantial Hindu minority population still in BD. But in west pakistan religious cleansing was almost complete.We abandoned two nation theory immediately after achieving Pakistan.After achieving Pakistan we formed political and cultural organization which was inclusive to both Bengali Hindu and muslim.Our ultimate goal achieved in 1971.So two nation theory has no relevance in current BD. We used it for a brief period of time to shape our boundary as I belief Bengali people who constitute one of the largest ethnicity in the world deserves an independent state.

So let me get this straight, why you got independent from India in first place ?

We used it for a brief period of time to shape our boundary as I belief Bengali people who constitute one of the largest ethnicity in the world deserves an independent state

Not convinced. You were the flag bearer of Pakistan. Your ideology developed contradictions overtime, or in simple terms, you were violated by same people you joined and thus changed your goal post yet again and created BD which is, more or less, on similar lines of Indian secularism.

@Arefin007 You are not exactly right about @Joe Shearer being a bengali nationalist , a notion that is subservient to Indian national identity anyway. Joe dada is a typical Indian bengali badrolok . Ask him to pick up arms against the Indian union for "independence" and he will give you a piece of his mind. They know they are stronger in being part of something larger than some narrow ethnic identity. For him Bengali nationalism is a useful tool to pacify and exploit his , emotionally charged but low on intellect , eastern cousins.

Last edited:
That is so selfish So you are saying you joined Pakistan just so you could form your own country later on by betraying Pakistan and joining hands with its enemy India to make Pakistan suffer embarassing defeat :o:. You could have told me this earlier in that 71 thread then I wouldn't have argued further with Anubis and you. I find it very sad. Anyways, just so you know these same Urdu-speaking UP and Bihari Muslims who are treated like animals in your country and forced to live in horrid conditions were the first ones to raise their voice against atrocities on Bengali Muslims during Assam riots and forced government to take note of it, not your Bengali Hindus from West Bengal who were busy celebrating their deaths on fb and calling for extermination of "Kangaldeshi" Muslims from Assam

Back
Top Bottom