What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

So effective that they have Israel doing airstrikes against Isis in the sinai??

They have f16s, mirage 2000 they will also be getting rafales and su35s.

Still making another nation do airstrikes for them that is nothing more than embarassing.

Pretty pathetic
Israel is next to Eygpt, we are thousands of miles away. Without air superiority you can't achieve much, and we can't keep using tankers 24/7 to achieve that. No country can do that.

Israel is next to Eygpt, we are thousands of miles away. Without air superiority you can't achieve much, and we can't keep using tankers 24/7 to achieve that. No country can do that.

Im talking about the pathetic state of the egyptian military.

Not to say Turkey is superior in Libya, The Turks have lots of strengths and weaknesses. To think Egypt will challenge Turkey is nothing more than madness.

Will have to see I do have full confidence in the TSK i just hope this time there is no appeasement or backing down usually done by politicians.

People have to give credit where credit is due but it seems that certain individuals here attribute any problem, obstacle or perceived failure - that Turkey encounter - to Erdogan personally. And the credit for anything positive is given to the Nation or the Military or Turks as a whole.

This is really wrong because if you do accuse Erdogan of being at fault for something when he is truly at fault, how are you to be believed by anyone else.

Back to the thread.

Turks will set up an Air base at Watiya as they have already been given approval by the legitimate government. It seems that they are making preparations for this currently. They will be easily able to deploy F16's there at short notice but the question is: Do they need US permission to deploy F16's to a foreign base (based on contractual law with purchase of F16s)?

It may be best if the F16s are moved before Egypt crosses the border, otherwise it may be sold as an escalation on Turkey's part. But Egypt might use the excuse of F16 deployment to cross the border.

So it is better to wait it out perhaps?

Thank you.

As for the Charles de Gaulle sent off Libya,I pretty much doubt this claim. The aircraft carrier will remain at dock til autumn after its crew was infected with coronavirus.

It has been disinfected and all of its crew has recovered. The aircraft carrier can go back to sea immediatly in case of emergency,however I doubt Libya represents an "emergency".

F*cking read the thread title!
This is not a politics thread, get your f*cking propaganda out of here. How many times does this warning have to be repeated??

@cabatli_53 bro this is the tweet that started it. I think if no action is taken against it, this behavior will repeat indefinitelyView attachment 653100
What is this thread about? What i said is directly related to what this thread is about and what the member asked.
Turkeys Libya operation is just as political as its is militaristic, try to understand and make connections before swearing...

Making font size bigger wont make your argument any more legit btw.

@cabatli_53 its not fair that you delete my post just because some people are disturbed by it all the while the members post thats describing another country as a ''shithole'' which i quoted is still there, it was neither derailing nor trolling, i just spoke facts.
If my post is off topic or trolling then i dont know what that post is including the one who swears around...

@cabatli_53 its not fair that you delete my post just because some people are disturbed by it all the while the members post thats describing another country as a ''shithole'' which i quoted is still there, it was neither derailing nor trolling, i just spoke facts.
If my post is off topic or trolling then i dont know what that post is including the one who swears around...
he also gave me a formal "posts of no value/offtopic" negative rating because 1) i responded to @Oublious whose post was literally a trolling/attacking post"is this Persioonon or Nigerianoon.."(what value does that post have in this thread???) towards me that i responded to(in not an insulting way either) and 2) he just wanted to remove my post where i posted an article showing TUrkey is sending thousands of ISIS members to Libya- HOW is that not related to the current conflict in Libya????? he just did it to shut me up and ban me, because he dislikes me...and other mods are watching him to do it.

he also gave me a formal "posts of no value/offtopic" negative rating because 1) i responded to @Oublious whose post was literally a trolling/attacking post"is this Persioonon or Nigerianoon.."(what value does that post have in this thread???) towards me that i responded to(in not an insulting way either) and 2) he just wanted to remove my post where i posted an article showing TUrkey is sending thousands of ISIS members to Libya- HOW is that not related to the current conflict in Libya????? he just did it to shut me up and ban me, because he dislikes me...and other mods are watching him to do it.

Stop crying the only thing you contribute is recycled trash.

F*cking read the thread title!
This is not a politics thread, get your f*cking propaganda out of here. How many times does this warning have to be repeated??

@cabatli_53 bro this is the tweet that started it. I think if no action is taken against it, this behavior will repeat indefinitelyView attachment 653100
Calm down champs.

this is reasonable, practical sense. I agree...I am AMAZED that some TUrks on PDF think that Turkey being thousands of miles away is better or stronger than Egypt thats next door....smh...sounds delusional...

East Libya is closer to Turkiye than West Libya to Egypt

and Sirte is 1.000 km away from Egypt ..... Tripoli is 1..450km from Egypt
ShDQtf.jpg

TURAF easly can hunt Egyptian Tanks in East Libya
TURAF has 7 Boeing KC-135R Tankers and TURAF easly can beat EAF in BVR combat .... thanks to superior NATO technology

-- 192 F-16C/D block50M/52 with link-16 data link for network centric warfare
-- 120km AIM-120C7 networked air to air missiles
-- 4 Boeing E-7T AEWC
-- 7 Boeing KC-135R air refueling Tankers

also Turkish UCAVs are in Libya to hunt Tanks,IFVs,AFVs,Troops
and 7 Turkish Frigates are already in Libya ..... and Egyptian Navy has no even 7 Frigates to Fight in Sirte/Libya

GNA and Turkiye dont attack Egypt
but İf Egypt attack GNA and Turkish Forces in Libya then full scale of war will begin and Sidi Barrani Air Base will be destroyed
ShvGMR.jpg

Egypt can not attack GNA and Turkish Forces in Libya
Egypt can support Tobruk ....... nothing else

Last edited:

ShDQtf.jpg

TURAF has 7 Boeing KC-135R Tankers and TURAF easly can beat EAF in BVR combat .... thanks to superior NATO technology

-- 120km AIM-20C7 networked air to air missiles
-- 4 Boeing E-7T AEWC

and 7 Turkish Frigates are already in Libya ..... and Egyptian Navy has no even 7 Frigates to Fight in Sirte/Libya

GNA or Turkiye dont attack Egypt
but İf Egypt attack GNA and Turkish Forces in Libya then full scale of war will begin and Sidi Barrani Air Base will be destroyed
ShvGMR.jpg

Good point, but I doubt egyptian planes are going to be taking off from Tobruk. Which is probably why Jufra needs to be taken out. Also TuAF won’t be hunting near Tobruk.

I don’t expect any direct clash between TR and EG. But some sort of proxy war. So in that sense it’s important to give GNA strike capabilities.

As long as LNA doesn’t get to smuggle oil UAE will have to keep funding the mercenary. While GNA rebuilds the Libyan army.

ShDQtf.jpg

-- 120km AIM-120C7 networked air to air missiles
-- 4 Boeing E-7T AEWC

GNA and Turkiye dont attack Egypt
ShvGMR.jpg

May I have a question please? Where would these systems and aircraft be?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Air_Defense_Forces
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Air_Force

What is this thread about? What i said is directly related to what this thread is about and what the member asked.
Turkeys Libya operation is just as political as its is militaristic, try to understand and make connections before swearing...

Making font size bigger wont make your argument any more legit btw.

Which post ? Report it to me. I am trying to clean all offtopic posts (including politic posts that may cause politic bragging/beating/flaming/pissing contest) that is not related with actual subject of this thread. You know I am doing it not only for this thread but also all others. I have deleted many posts before and warned members many times in this same thread again and again. If you check previous pages, You will see them. It has nothing to do with wishes of any member. If there is somerhing wrong, It must be corrected by me. Besides, Report mechanism is being used for this purpose (to ease the work of moderators to handle the posts) I will check at previous pages again.

The thing is Libya is an open terrain so Egyptian forces will have problems against drones and jets meaning you can eliminate a large amount of their forces at one go due to the terrain.

Turkey can call this bluff by deploying a half division forces with ships that includes tanks, jets, men power and hardware making things much worse nightmare for Egypt and directly giving Egypt a red-line if they attack any turkish forces inside Libya then City center Cairo even becomes fair game and can be levelled to the ground.

Egypt should understand the consequences is much bigger if Turkey calls their bluff they are pretty much fucked.

Another thing to notice is that the Egyptian forces don't have the morale to engage Turkey which means this is entirely a Sisi fuelled campaign and doesn't represent the egyptian peoples true political aspiration if Egypt is hit and directly attacked many will seize the opportunity and rise against SISI.

Turkey has the ability to push the Egyptian forces back all the way inside Egypt which could also give rise to internal egyptian conflict since SISI doesn't have alot of fans inside egypt. There is a very large sleeping fifth column inside egypt who would want to see the end of SISI so if the conflict is brought to egyptian territories it will ignite

Last edited:

If you proceed to spread false info to create a dirty perception about Turkey under the fake accounts/tittles/sources, You will receive a new tasty warning. Just know where you should stop. I won’t let you to spread misinformation in this section. What did you suppose ?

Back
Top Bottom