What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

EcvsJYUWAAERiF0.jpg

EcvsGXyWkAAEjQo.jpg

Egypt F-16 has crashed, ME section is gonna be fun :pop:

Looks like they really are not hit, so the fighter from country x sucks. Ther is at least 5 meter error:-), hawk missiles are damaged?

@GlobalMillitary96 any turkic union needs only be economic cooperation considering turkic countries haven't even had 50 year independence the need to rebuild and foster new generations who know their cultural heritage and such is much greater than anything else you can dream of.

@925boy I somewhat agree on what you said, and @Bismarck I agree on that one word too :)

Strange isn't it. But Libya has entered a different stage, so to speak, and IMO. With the uncovering of mass graves the UN is now involved on the ground. Forensics etc. so to speak GNA is building a case and while LNA and its supporters are reinforcing their positions the best option for GNA is to strenghten their own positions and wait for the next move.

Stopping the flow of oil (LNA). So while it's summer time the implication of such a move may not be catastrophic, come winter and once the hype around covid-19 lessens in EU they'll be able to focus on regional issues again. Turkey doesn't get it's oil from Libya, so it's not a problem for us. But we do have a lot of contracts in Libya from Gaddafis time, and we may get even more now, since we're sticking up for the right guys.

But needless to say France tried to smear Turkey in NATO and globally, and when they we're called out, they withdrew from NATO naval trainings in Mediterranean. Turkey demands an apology for that smear attempt. But NATO's south being flanked is just pure BS because even our so called allies don't want Turkish military bases in Libya. The reason for that is pretty clear, EU doesn't want Turkish Navy west of Greece this is a very old issue. So many attempts and whatnot has been tried to constrict, prevent, bully Turkey to stay in black sea and coast of Antalya.

@925boy The best proof of this mentality can be seen on the map of how Turkey was divided between the allies after WW1. The western nations (EU here) colonialism/imperialism died after WW2. They did try something with regard to the Suez Canal in Egypt, but the US told GB to back the **** off. GB entire Navy was donated to them by the US at the time.

As we turks see it Libya is the key to the atlantic, and declaring maritime border showing we have borders with Libya grants us this freedom of sailing as we will. Let there be no doubt that if we didn't have Libya as neighbor the greek would harass every ship sailing from Turkey for one reason or another. The greeks sole reason for existing is to haras turks.

So yes, We have very big interests in Libya and that is not because of the oil, not when you consider how many billions of dollars are being freighted through the seas.

I skipped a lot of things, but I hope you get the point.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom