What's new

Details of Pakistan defence budget 2019-20

Pensions more than new weapons funds??
Pakistan has a huge Veterans and retired personnel system. It’s one of the few things I can say that’s even better than what America has in comparison. The VA.
The funds for the “new” weapons are comparatively lower because they’re not needed. All our current orders have either already been paid for or have money already allocated to them. The military did budget cuts this year so that’s expected. (The our orders I mean the 200 thunders, 8 subs, 8 ships, tanks, helicopters, so on)

when rupee is devalued and military budget has not increased ,in dollars it has actually decreased with amount proportionate to devaluation and will badly effect procurement of new weapons not manufactured domestically.I think army also have other profit making corporations and revenue earned from them will help army to fulfill expenses without depending on govt allocated budget but govt should give tax exemption to military run corporation and all army officers income this year as govt has not increased their budget so that pressure on army is reduced

when rupee is devalued and military budget has not increased ,in dollars it has actually decreased with amount proportionate to devaluation and will badly effect procurement of new weapons not manufactured domestically.I think army also have other profit making corporations and revenue earned from them will help army to fulfill expenses without depending on govt allocated budget but govt should give tax exemption to military run corporation and all army officers income this year as govt has not increased their budget so that pressure on army is reduced
Yep. It’s very sad to see how many people take that as a negative thing. That is basically the Veterans Association of our country. It gives retired personnel jobs. Makes products inside Pakistan of daily use that help the economy, these corporate activities and factories pay all their taxes, they create jobs, even run cheap and good hospitals and schools for veterans, retired officers and soldiers and civilians. And in the end it takes a lot of burden off the government because the military is paying for half its own expenses. If they hid it then it’d Be an issue. But the army clearly states it runs these. They’ve done nothing but help the country with them.
And hence we don’t have homeless veterans and retired soldiers who become beggars. They get education for their children. Healthcare, pensions and jobs. And the system works better than most of the ones in developed countries. America’s VA is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom