What's new

Delhi gang-rape: Disappointed Twitterati express anger over lax punishment

Pakchina

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Twitter was flooded with angry reactions following the Juvenile Justice Board's verdict in the Delhi gangrape case on Saturday. Unhappy with the comparatively lax punishment handed over to the juvenile accused, who was said to be the most brutal during the heinous crime, people demanded stricter punishment for him.

The Juvenile Justice Board on Saturday sentenced the juvenile accused to a three-year stay in a special home. The juvenile, who was 17-and-half year old at the time of the incident, has turned 18.

Read more at: Delhi gang-rape: Disappointed Twitterati express anger over lax punishment to juvenile : Delhi, News - India Today

Delhi gang-rape: Disappointed Twitterati express anger over lax punishment to juvenile : Delhi, News - India Today

Only 3 year home probation for committing rape and murder? :hitwall:
Is there even a legislative branch in India? Are they aware that they have the power to amend the law?

Shining India, the world's largest democracy :hitwall:

Only 3 year home probation for committing rape and murder? :hitwall:
Is there even a legislative branch in India? Are they aware that they have the power to amend the law?

That is the maximum punishment that can be given to a juvenile (and it is not home probation, it is remand at a juvenile home). Amending laws will make no difference to this particular case, laws cannot be applied retrospectively.

:pissed:only three years for the crime he committed that animal should be executed publicly so that ever pervert think a gazillion times before even try to mess with lady

That is the maximum punishment that can be given to a juvenile (and it is not home probation, it is remand at a juvenile home). Amending laws will make no difference to this particular case, laws cannot be applied retrospectively.

Says who? It is all up to the legislative body to ensure justice is served, that the punishment fits the crime.

Says who? It is all up to the legislative body to ensure justice is served, that the punishment fits the crime.

Unfortunately western originated laws dictate that a child/minor must be treated as such. This kid practically got away with murder. I can't understand why the prosecution didn't apply for him to be tried as a major though given the nature of his crime

LAW is LAW its only thing i like in india . judges are not like our kana dajjal iftakhar chudhry .

well then f@ck the police and f@ck the law.
this is pure bs man.that boy should have been sentenced to death.

subryamanyam swami have challenged supreme courts judgement about changing the laws for juvenile in high court.
lets see what happens.
but this is pure bs and i have lost my faith in indian judiciary :/

Funny how the post-colonial citizen's mind got poisoned by the laws of the colonial masters.

In the west, the symbol of justice is a statue of a blindfolded woman holding a weight scale, signifying justice is blind and fair.

I am not sure about the fair part, but it is definitely blind.

Justice apply to humans, not robots. Blind justice is no justice. Blind justice is inhumane.

Not sure what's the fuss about. The guy was lucky that he was a minor. You can't change the law for a particular case.

well then f@ck the police and f@ck the law.
this is pure bs man.that boy should have been sentenced to death.

subryamanyam swami have challenged supreme courts judgement about changing the laws for juvenile in high court.
lets see what happens.
but this is pure bs and i have lost my faith in indian judiciary :/

That is as stupid as it goes.

You cannot challenge supreme court ruling in a high court.

This subramanium guy is trolling.

In what country? Laws cannot be applied retrospectively in India & any such attempt will be struck down by the courts. You are way out of your depth here, maybe you should stick to sloganeering. The concept of laws & justice & how it works in democracies seems to be not be your forte.

Unfortunately western originated laws dictate that a child/minor must be treated as such. This kid practically got away with murder. I can't understand why the prosecution didn't apply for him to be tried as a major though given the nature of his crime

They can't, there is no such provision under Indian law. As yet.

That is as stupid as it goes.

You cannot challenge supreme court ruling in a high court.

This subramanium guy is trolling.

Subramanium Swamy is correct. The post you quoted was poorly worded. The SC has allowed his petition to decide whether the law as it stands now is incomplete. The SC is yet to decide on his petition. In the unlikely event that theSC rules that the law is not read correctly, then an appeal to the High Court for quashing this sentence is maintainable. unlikely to happen though.

Back
Top Bottom