What's new

Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibit

INSAS barrel,AK gas tube n parts... fiber stock (didnt knew you manufactured?? or imported grips,stocks)... but a decent looking weapon...

45 cal... Austrian MFL......

Thts an old pic from another expo....... the Denel T5-52 .. wasnt Denel black listed by india?

ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wlc/4.htm
You were saying????

And the new MCIWS is fitted with a short stroke gas piston.So it can not be AK gas parts.

Here is more to it:

Though several companies have
come out with heavy-duty artillery
guns, sensing the void felt by the
Indian Army, only one of these big
guns really boomed.
Manufactured by the Ordnance
Factory Board, based on
technology supplied by Bofors,
Dhanush howitzers (155 mm/45
calibre) has a range of 38 km.
Notwithstanding last year’s barrel
bursting experience, the gun's
performance was found
satisfactory in limited firing trials
carried out so far.
Later this month, the indigenous
artillery gun would be taken to
Sikkim for another round of trial to
check its accuracy and range. “We
already have a written request
from the Army to make 128 of
these guns for which we began
procuring the material,” an OFB
official told Deccan Herald at the
ongoing Defence Exposition
(DefExpo) in Delhi.
Manufactured by the OFB units in
Kolkata, Kanpur and Jabalpur,
Dhanush suffered a setback last
July when its barrel burst during
firing in Rajasthan. “It happened
because of a defective ammunition
supplied by an Army depot in
Jabalpur and not because of the
gun,” he claimed.
The Indian Army has not purchased
any artillery gun since the Bofors
came in the 1980s. The Swedish
howitzers proved its mettle during
the Kargil war, but, since then a
large of number of artillery guns
had to be cannibalised to keep the
remaining functional. As repeated
efforts to buy new heavy artillery
failed in the last decade, the
Defence Ministry finally dusted out
the old licencing agreement and
asked the OFB to manufacture
these guns. The Gun Carriage
Factory (GCF) in Jabalpur is the
integrator, though other units
made crucial parts.
The GCF has manufactured six
prototypes so far. It was the fourth
prototype whose barrel burst. The
one displayed at DefExpo is the
sixth one, which the OFB claimed
to have modified.
Bofors is a 155 mm/39 calibre gun
whereas Dhanush is a 155 mm/45
calibre. The enhanced calibre
imparts a longer firing range. While
the original Bofors had a maximum
effective range of 27 km, Dhanush
can go up to 38 km. Though there
was an original plan of developing a
39 calibre howitzer as well, that plan
has been shelved for the time
being. Dhanush, however, is not
alone in the fray. Two private
entities, Tata Power and Bharat
Forge, have also developed
artillery guns.

Dhanush howitzers all set to play bigger role

The barrel is interchangeable upto 3 barrels.

I believe it is 38,

Max range 35km thanks to modernisation by the private industries...... read the article..

Tata Power SED has teamed up with Denel and is offering a modified T5-52 155mm/52-cal Self-Propelled howitzer

Kalyani Group has bought out all the IPRs and production-engineering data from Austria for the 155mm/45-cal
GHN.45 design, improved many of the subsystems, upgunned it to 155mm/52-cal standard and is offering a
Towed howitzer.

State-owned OFB has used the 155mm/39-cal Bofors FH-77B design data it had, upgunned it to 155m/45-cal and is
offering the Dhanush towed howitzer. This one can offer upto 30-35km range with normal ammo and upto 38-40+km
range with special ammo (full-bore RAP).

The indian made 45 cal bofors has a top range of 35km:

Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibit | Page 6

Max range 35km thanks to modernisation by the private industries...... read the article..

The indian made 45 cal bofors has a top range of 35km:

Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibit | Page 6

I know you are that resident troll of PDF aka Pak Nat and what a bonehead are you.I gave you the official figures right from the horse's mouth.And you are still arguing with me with some rubbish Telegraph article by some stupid journo.

I get it....you are seeing what you just want to see.Actually you just can not digest the reality and can't see the official specs.You were the one arguing that India can't produce base bleed rounds.....Ok,so I shall no longer waste my time on you.Do what ever you want,what ever makes you sleep at night.

And even the range in the quote of Gessler you posted matches with the official range of 38 km with ERFB BB ammo.

Last edited:
Hey buddy, can you take more snaps of the Multi caliber rifle? Only one shitty one...
Just got back from the expo. sorry bro. it was my bad luck, they were not displaying the rifle by the time i got there. :(

can anybody ask and let us know what is the elevation of Rudra UGV's Gun and Grenade system??it'll give us an idea about how this UGV is supposed to engage target which is in higher ground.
I asked them, its 40 degree.
C360_2014-02-09-15-27-40-366.jpg

Last edited:
Get anything on F-INSAS bro?
Sorry man. Most of them were packing up and I literally had to run all over the place just to collect the brochures and snap some pics. And didn't see anything specific on this project, it might be I missed it.

Sorry man. Most of them were packing up and I literally had to run all over the place just to collect the brochures and snap some pics. And didn't see anything specific on this project, it might be I missed it.
I spoke to my friend who went yesterday and apparently there was a lot on F-INSAS but he didn't get a chance to see any of it up close or talk to anyone as he was with his family!

No worries mate- be sure to upload your pics here soon ;)

I know you are that resident troll of PDF aka Pak Nat and what a bonehead are you.I gave you the official figures right from the horse's mouth.And you are still arguing with me with some rubbish Telegraph article by some stupid journo.

I get it....you are seeing what you just want to see.Actually you just can not digest the reality and can't see the official specs.You were the one arguing that India can't produce base bleed rounds.....Ok,so I shall no longer waste my time on you.Do what ever you want,what ever makes you sleep at night.

And even the range in the quote of Gessler you posted matches with the official range of 38 km with ERFB BB ammo.

Instead of usual rants ... reply like a "human being" ...

Gessler didnt post anything .. The article quoted an indian officer..

And you posted the specs of an upgraded soviet made M46...

Also take a look at your BB ammo.. the OFB? quotes a max range of 35km (45 cal) and 30km (39 cal) :

Ordnance Factory Board

ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wlc/4.htm
You were saying????

And the new MCIWS is fitted with a short stroke gas piston.So it can not be AK gas parts.

Sure its not an AK47 .. man.. here is what im trying to say.. :

AK47_Body_Diagram_1000.jpg

I spoke to my friend who went yesterday and apparently there was a lot on F-INSAS but he didn't get a chance to see any of it up close or talk to anyone as he was with his family!

No worries mate- be sure to upload your pics here soon ;)
It was a little bit frustrating as some 1/3 of the pavilions had already close and some of them were packing. They were not that interested in talking to the civis. Many of them told me that the demos were only for the armed forces.
SAAB had put my a nice show there with virtual reality shooting and were also letting you get the feel of the props, but it had a long queue.

It was a little bit frustrating as some 1/3 of the pavilions had already close and some of them were packing. They were not that interested in talking to the civis. Many of them told me that the demos were only for the armed forces.
SAAB had put my a nice show there with virtual reality shooting and were also letting you get the feel of the props, but it had a long queue.
That sucks, I guess it makes sense because it's not like any civvy is going to hand over millions to these guys but even still, it is open to the public so they should at least play nice.

Last edited:
Digital Night Vision Googles, 150 have been ordered by different agencies. Costs about 9-10 lacs/unit.
C360_2014-02-09-12-19-07-763.jpg
C360_2014-02-09-12-18-32-512.jpg
C360_2014-02-09-12-18-50-501.jpg

I'm trying to post those things which have not been posted already.
C360_2014-02-09-12-24-54-012.jpg
C360_2014-02-09-12-25-14-917.jpg

Check out the last point on the Poster. :rofl:
pods.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom