What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN will continue to buy Dornier because it is tried and tested platform .

^^^
Dude since when did MOD started doing what armed forces said ?? There are a couple more aircrafts like EV-55 Outback
which will be cheaper and as far as converting EV-55 Outback or any other similar aircraft into a basic MPA is not a difficult job.

Now i would IN say not to a better and cheaper aircraft and i am not saying just purchase it, i am saying atleast try out the aircraft and check whether its even suitable for indian requirements ???

^^^
Dude since when did MOD started doing what armed forces said ?? There are a couple more aircrafts like EV-55 Outback
which will be cheaper and as far as converting EV-55 Outback or any other similar aircraft into a basic MPA is not a difficult job.

Now i would IN say not to a better and cheaper aircraft and i am not saying just purchase it, i am saying atleast try out the aircraft and check whether its even suitable for indian requirements ???

But that simply isn't how defence procurement works. Forces going around testing/evaluating every thing that looks good, the way it works is a force identifies a need, draws together a list of possible candidates who could meet this need and then sends out RFIs to get more technical information to selected OEMs. Then after some more evaluation to see if the products do cut ally meet their needs they send RFPs to those OEM who do meet their needs. Their is then an extensive trail and analysis process of each individual platform with everything considered. The force then submits their findings, possibly with a proffered candidate highlighted, to the MoD/FM who go onto pick the platform based on price and suitability. Hence if the Do 228 is doing a good enough job presently (which it seems to be and is being upgraded to NG standard) then the operators won't yet be looking to replace it and won't be randomly trying out any old plane that looks nice but cheap- if it's not broke, don't fix it. The Do 228 will only begin to be replaced by 2019-

defexpo20122.jpg

Two weeks old, but I guess it wasn't posted here and offers a good view to what BAE offers to India

FICV
‘We have a lot of modern technologies in BAE Systems [from projects such as CV90 and SEP] to bring into to develop a new vehicle which can then be sold on. That will be the first generation. The second generation technology will be developed here.’

McCumiskey believes the 26% FDI limit is a challenge and that the project would possibly move faster if the limit were 49%. BAE Systems will have to consider what return it gets for its technology transfer. Nevertheless, ‘FICV is a huge opportunity, it is part of the reason we have a joint venture in

M777
McCumiskey is optimistic that the government will approve in the new financial year, which begins on 1 April

FH77 upgrade
McCumiskey said that although the army still needs to clarify its intention about the future of these weapons ‘it is important for us that this project be successful for many reasons. India needs modern artillery

Self propelled howitzer
BAE Systems has yet make a final decision about developing the proposed MGS derivative of its Archer 155mm/52cal wheeled self-propelled artillery system for a potential Indian Army requirement

BvS10 MkII
The example of the BvS10 MkII armoured all terrain vehicle which is displayed at DefExpo will remain in India for five months of trials and demonstration which is expected to help the army frame its emerging requirement for such a vehicle. McCumiskey believes the BvS10’s suitability for both military and disaster relief operations will appeal to the army.

Light tanks
BAE Systems is also promoting its CV90120, armed with a 120mm smoothbore gun, should the army decide to proceed with a project to acquire a light tank. In October 1999 the service issued a request for information for about 200 wheeled and about 100 tracked light tanks but the project has not moved since.

DefExpo 2012: Land sector is central to BAE in India - News - Shephard

wow...
i never came across this thread..
very neat military hardware here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom