What's new

Defence.pk pays tribute to Nelson Mandela.

May he rest in peace, he was one of those great leaders that the world barely witnesses.

A friend of mine just emailed me about Mandela's death and is what I replied back to him.

----------------------------------------------
Hey, no, I have not heard the news about Mandela. Indeed: RIP! I too remember him from way back. Though I was a bit indifferent--because uninformed-- South Africa was on my radar a bit because it’s cricket team was banned to play international games because of the Apartheid. Then the TV in Pakistan started showing news related to Mandela’s release from jail. I felt an instant empathy and sympathy: Oh, poor guy, being jailed for so long. How cruel.
Needless to say, the ban against SA cricket was lifted and they are now #1 Test Cricket team in the world--in fact, they just thrashed Pakistani cricket team in UAE a few weeks ago.

A great man and a great loss RIP Nelson Mandela

"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his/her skin, background, or even his/her religion. People learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposites"

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world "

Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 - December 5 2013)

Two of the most greatest saying that I held in my heart

Thank you, Mr. Mandela. Thank you for everything.

RIP Nelson Mandela! One of the most powerful and inspirational leaders of the world

Great leader and human being,a loss to humanity. May his soul RIP. I feel privileged that I lived in the same time as he did.

The death of an Icon...
images

In Algeria with the ALN base camp
images

images

images

images

Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela,a great inspiration and true leader to his people.

Rest in Peace great man !!

Last edited:
RIP sir! you made world a better place to live!

Great leader and human being,a loss to humanity. May his soul RIP. I feel privileged that I lived in the same time as he did.

Beautiful words.

A titan among the current crop of statesman. The world is poorer in every way because of his departure RIP

Back
Top Bottom