What's new

Featured Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak in Russia

20200927_142153.jpg

AK and Hind variants, this is like a bad 80s Rambo film. We need to avoid Russian gear. It is not cutting edge and service support is awful. First priority should be domestic, if nit than China, if China cannot provide than Turkey, if Turkey cannot provide than Italy/Europe, hell even beg the US, but I see no sense in spending $ on mediocre kit from a country that is our main enemies main weapons supplier. Every penny we spend abrad should support the R&D efforts of our allies. Granted we are in a tough position with regards to attack helicopter options right now

i doubt there has been a weapon as sturdy and durable as AK in our life span, we have been living on russian gear for as long as i can remember, A5? F6? F7? F7PG? AK47? yes there are issues here and there but i won't totally write it off completely, it's like discarding something by saying "oh but its made in China"

20 - More Mi-35 , The Flying Tank , is ideal for dual role of Flying Armored Attack role against enemy problem on ground and also can carry troop

An Ideal platform for dual usage which helps us on both attack / transport sense

An ideal platform to send a emergency team to hot spots , in remote areas for assistance with Support Troops

A fast responder platform for remote area Trouble

This has been a limited capability , and making modest improvements in capability is ideal every 2 year cycle

Russian Helicopters have been used by many nations of world

The Rocket Goodies are enough to knock out an enemy's 100+ Units

qH6w7Cw.jpg

Last edited:
In most countries defence minister are politicians. Only in USA it's mostly former Generals.
Other than Mattis which defense secretary is a ex-general ? Even Mattis appointment required an exemption from Senate

AK and Hind variants, this is like a bad 80s Rambo film. We need to avoid Russian gear. It is not cutting edge and service support is awful. First priority should be domestic, if nit than China, if China cannot provide than Turkey, if Turkey cannot provide than Italy/Europe, hell even beg the US, but I see no sense in spending $ on mediocre kit from a country that is our main enemies main weapons supplier. Every penny we spend abrad should support the R&D efforts of our allies. Granted we are in a tough position with regards to attack helicopter options right now

Mi17s have already proved their worthiness and Mi35s at least five are in service since last year and a half. AK is a proven weapon no one can deny it's effectiveness.

No other country so far is providing alternate of Mi35.

i doubt there has been a weapon as sturdy and durable as AK in our life span, we have been living on russian gear for as long as i can remember, A5? F6? F7? F7PG? AK47? yes there are issues here and there but i won't totally write it off completely, it's like discarding something by saying "oh but its made in China"

I am not disputing utility of certain equipment, just the trust of Russia as supplier. Also you will agree all the equipment you mentioned we got from China (albeit Russian designs(.

Mi17s have already proved their worthiness and Mi35s at least five are in service since last year and a half. AK is a proven weapon no one can deny it's effectiveness.

No other country so far is providing alternate of Mi35.

MI-17 is not ground breaking tech and am sure very soon China Turkey will have their alternatives. It is a very solid chopper and if need be we should order more, spares available all over the world, all I am saying is that we should not place core capabilities of Pak armed forces at the mercy of Russian, very big mistake. Not only are they allied with India, but at it's very core, Russia is probably the most Islamaphobic country in the world after Israel

Other than Mattis which defense secretary is a ex-general ? Even Mattis appointment required an exemption from Senate
Current one is former Lt Colonel. In USA as many have served therefore many defence secretary are former Military.

Of the top of my head:

Mark Esper - Incumbent - US Army
Robert Gates - Ex CIA
Leon Panetta - Ex CIA
Chuck Hagel - Chairman of the President's Intel Advisory Board

Some not exactly military, but not civis either.

India is in turmoil. Growing proximity between Pakistan and Russia has blown away Hindutva priests.
In fact, this day was to come. India's friends have now become Pakistan's defense partners.
Putin is one of the world's great leaders, no doubt about it. Pakistan should strengthen relations with Russia and enhance friendship. Pakistan, Russia, China and Turkey can make Iran the best and strongest block. That is why spoiler is working against this block and brought the worst pre-plan clashes since 2016 have raised the specter of a new war between long-standing rivals Azerbaijan and Armenia, which have been locked for decades in a territorial dispute over the Armenia-backed breakaway region of Nagorny Karabakh. Turkey is in support of Azerbaijan and Russia in support of Armenia. This is a part of a great game plan and let's see how Pakistan supports and stands with Turkey/Azerbaijan.

India is in turmoil. Growing proximity between Pakistan and Russia has blown away Hindutva priests.
In fact, this day was to come. India's friends have now become Pakistan's defense partners.
Putin is one of the world's great leaders, no doubt about it. Pakistan should strengthen relations with Russia and enhance friendship. Pakistan, Russia, China and Turkey can make Iran the best and strongest block. That is why spoiler is working against this block and brought the worst pre-plan clashes since 2016 have raised the specter of a new war between long-standing rivals Azerbaijan and Armenia, which have been locked for decades in a territorial dispute over the Armenia-backed breakaway region of Nagorny Karabakh. Turkey is in support of Azerbaijan and Russia in support of Armenia. This is a part of a great game plan and let's see how Pakistan supports and stands with Turkey/Azerbaijan.

There are no friends and the opposite of the situation is also true, where Pakistan's prior partners have tied their knots with India.

shocking it might be, but Pakistan and Turks together have provided weapons to Azerbijan and are behind this limited war to get something out for Azerbijan for a respectful settlement.. at the same time pakistan will pay cash for weapons to russia.. pakistan foriegn policy will be aggressive and will be strategic eith turks

Back
Top Bottom