What's new

Defence Minister, IAF Chief to visit France, to receive first Indian Rafale Fighter Plane

And integration of brahmos with su30

Plus s400 should be kept in sight as well

As India is going to receive the first batch of Rafales approximately a month from now, what are the counter options that Pakistan could have?

Specs and BVR options of the JFT-III are yet to come out so wondering if securing an Sqn strength of Block 70s with AIM-120D, somehow, would be enough to counter them.

Although, I highly believe in the quality of the training and competency as a team because otherwise sophisticated systems like Spider SAM or Spice 2000 could only bring down their on jets or destroy a handful Alpine trees in a remote area.

I personally believe that If 100s of SU-30s couldn't save them from embarrassment on 27th Feb, Rafales will neither. But still Its a real threat with its Meteors.

first rafale will be handed over to IAF in France, the actual delivery will start from 2020 May onwards and it takes couple of years for a new system to become operational in any air force, I wont think Rafale will come into Pak Ind situation before 2023/24, at that time PAF will have JF-17 BlockIII will latest chinese AESA and PL-15 also F-16 Block 72 with AIm-120D what to worry.

first rafale will be handed over to IAF in France, the actual delivery will start from 2020 May onwards and it takes couple of years for a new system to become operational in any air force, I wont think Rafale will come into Pak Ind situation before 2023/24, at that time PAF will have JF-17 BlockIII will latest chinese AESA and PL-15 also F-16 Block 72 with AIm-120D what to worry.

Who said we will have Block 70?

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...rafale-jet-on-september-20-1590056-2019-08-21

View attachment 575447

As India is going to receive the first batch of Rafales approximately a month from now, what are the counter options that Pakistan could have?

Specs and BVR options of the JFT-III are yet to come out so wondering if securing an Sqn strength of Block 70s with AIM-120D, somehow, would be enough to counter them.

Although, I highly believe in the quality of the training and competency as a team because otherwise sophisticated systems like Spider SAM or Spice 2000 could only bring down their on jets or destroy a handful Alpine trees in a remote area.

I personally believe that If 100s of SU-30s couldn't save them from embarrassment on 27th Feb, Rafales will neither. But still Its a real threat with its Meteors.

It's all about placement, position, and electronic warfare capability on these type of border engagements.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...rafale-jet-on-september-20-1590056-2019-08-21

View attachment 575447

Already discuss to depth, we have few options , We either go to J-10C or Mig-35 and we should also buy LONG RANGE SAMs like HQ-9B or Aster-30, and its take time to integrate and develop a tactics by IAF (3-4 years) @AMRAAM

2023/24 looks a bit on the far side. Sanghis would try to operationally deploy Rafales by the end of 2021/22 and it doesn't matter if they have to lose 1 or 2 because of insufficient training or readiness. Post 27th Feb, PAF and AIM-120C are all over their minds.

Already discuss to depth, we have few options , We either go to J-10C or Mig-35 and we should also buy LONG RANGE SAMs like HQ-9B or Aster-30, and its take time to integrate and develop a tactics by IAF (3-4 years) @AMRAAM

No Russian jets, please.

J-10C a few squadrons with PL-15 would be good. But biggest need of hour is better SAM systems and 5th generation jets by 2026.

2023/24 looks a bit on the far side. Sanghis would try to operationally deploy Rafales by the end of 2021/22 and it doesn't matter if they have to lose 1 or 2 because of insufficient training or readiness. Post 27th Feb, PAF and AIM-120C are all over their minds.

Indian Air Defense is getting a major boost in couple of years by 2021/22 following systems will be fully deployed in hot zones.

ABM layer:
AAD
PAD
S-400 <Partially>

Anti Aircraft/Cruise Missile:
S-400
Barak-8 or MRSAM Units
Aakash MK1/MK2
NASAM<Aim-120 C/D>
Spyder<Python4/5>
QRSAM

It will be a major challenge.

No Russian jets, please.

J-10C a few squadrons with PL-15 would be good. But biggest need of hour is better SAM systems and 5th generation jets by 2026.
I give my options, so No hard feeling bro, and PAF rejected J-10 sir and if talking about Project AZM then i have say sorry to you, but may be fully matured J-31 will come in the color of PAF @Alternatiiv

Yes, I doubt it though.

I think on Air Force matters, we have two members here thousand's times more reliable, but you can choose your take.
He is professional member here on PDF, he might have some inside information @Alternatiiv

Back
Top Bottom