What's new

“Dear President, how can we help your country?” - AIIB

“Dear President, how can we help your country?” - AIIB

• Total voters
We have a long way to go bro. Even as a country overtakes US is not something to be proud of. China has the largest control-access expressway and the largest HSR network, but when it comes to per capita, the conclusion is somewhat arrogant.

You underestimate China.

China(mainland China) is the least developed in major countries or regions in East Asia(HK, Macao, ROC, Japan, South Korea). If China achieves even an half of major index of Japan(GDP per capita, HSR mileage per capita, etc), East Asia will be undoubtedly the most developed region around the world. To attain that goal, Chinese need to work even harder. Maybe this generation cannot enjoy that goal, but for the future of our offsprings.

See, there WILL be a per capita deficit. Smaller the population, higher the GDP PPP. Luxembourg has a smaller nominal GDP than India but Luxembourg is probably the richest country in the world with perhaps zero poverty rate. That is because they have a small population and country size.

If China achieves the GDP PPP rate of US then the nominal GDP of China would be close to 20 Trillion dollars or even more. Say Chinese population is 1 billion and US PPP is 25,000 USD. Multiply the figures, it will exceed way beyond 20 Trillion.

This is why for countries like India and China achieving higher GDP PPP is such a head ache. But China is making ground, India is lagging behind but still moving ahead ever so slowly.

You underestimate China.

See, there WILL be a per capita deficit. Smaller the population, higher the GDP PPP. Luxembourg has a smaller nominal GDP than India but Luxembourg is probably the richest country in the world with perhaps zero poverty rate. That is because they have a small population and country size.

If China achieves the GDP PPP rate of US then the nominal GDP of China would be close to 20 Trillion dollars or even more. Say Chinese population is 1 billion and US PPP is 25,000 USD. Multiply the figures, it will exceed way beyond 20 Trillion.

This is why for countries like India and China achieving higher GDP PPP is such a head ache. But China is making ground, India is lagging behind but still moving ahead ever so slowly.
I don't believe in some index like GDP PPP since we still live in a world of dollar hegemony.
It's hard to surpass per capita number of major developed countries, but not impossible. Like HSR, 16000km/0km, :D
How big is infinite?

I am not trying to underestimate China, it's just Chinese in general should keep a clam mind. So, 16000km of HSR, content? This weekend, I'll travel in a county called Wuyuan in Central China which will be connect by a new HSR this June. But I see more counties have no access to expressway or HSR and the inconvenience of locals makes me feel sorry for them. I do see unstoppable momentum of China, but some are holding a belief that she is strong enough and no need to build more, which is a terrible sign.

Last edited:
cargo.jpg

Expressways and rails will facilitate inland logistics, but when it comes to international especially inter-continental logistics, cargo ports are irreplaceable for any industrialized economy. By now out of the 10 busiest ports in the world, 7 are in China. After 3 decades of work, China now has rich experience in constructing and operating world's biggest cargo ports as well as the sophisticated ecosystem around them.

Untitled3.png

korean-air-frachter.jpg

Other than sea freight, air freight is also an important form of logistics for any industrialized economy. According to World Bank, USA still tops the world in air freight volume at 37 billion tonne-km, followed by fast-increasing China, then UAE, South Korea, and Hong Kong, Japan & Germany. 2013 air freight data for top 25 countries are as below:

Untitled2.png

Naturally, airports are the critical infrastructures to support air freight. In terms of tonnes of cargo handled, Hong Kong #1, Memphis #2, Shanghai Pudong #3. Below shows the rest of world's top 30 cargo airports (2014 statistics), of which 8 from USA, 6 from China (including HKG & TPE).

Untitled5.png

Last edited:
View attachment 213246

Other than sea freight, air freight is also an important form of logistics for any industrialized economy. According to World Bank, USA still tops the world in air freight volume at 37 billion tonne-km, followed by fast-increasing China, then UAE, South Korea, and Hong Kong, Japan & Germany. 2013 air freight data for top 25 countries are as below:

Naturally, airports are the critical infrastructures to support air freight. In terms of tonnes of cargo handled, Hong Kong #1, Memphis #2, Shanghai Pudong #3. Below shows the rest of world's top 30 cargo airports (2014 statistics), of which 8 from USA, 6 from China (including HKG & TPE).

In terms of air freight, we are not good.
What's your opinion about aerometropolis?

In terms of air freight, we are not good.
What's your opinion about aerometropolis?

One major criticism is the question of whether oil will stay relatively inexpensive and widely available in the future or whether a downturn in oil production will adversely affect aerotropolises. Others have criticized the aerotropolis model for overstating the number and types of goods that travel by air. While many types of high-value goods, like electronics, tend to travel by air, larger, bulkier items like cars and grain do not.

One major criticism is the question of whether oil will stay relatively inexpensive and widely available in the future or whether a downturn in oil production will adversely affect aerotropolises. Others have criticized the aerotropolis model for overstating the number and types of goods that travel by air. While many types of high-value goods, like electronics, tend to travel by air, larger, bulkier items like cars and grain do not.
So let's have a look at the industry in an aerometropolis, like Zhengzhou's new district. It's all about delicate high-tech products. Concerning oil, that's a major concern of the entire air industry.

I feel Chinese government is wasting its citizens' hard earned money just to gain influence. The default rates of debt by most developing governments is too high. I guess China will loose lot of its previous loans to Latin American countries that it has lend when the region was booming.

Chinese sure are not prudent spenders.

So let's have a look at the industry in an aerometropolis, like Zhengzhou's new district. It's all about delicate high-tech products. Concerning oil, that's a major concern of the entire air industry.

Well said bro. In light of a boom in China's aviation industry (e.g. C919), airport infrastructures are expected to further develop in China as well as the region. China now has experienced engineering skills to build mega projects, including airports and "aerotropolis":

Chinese airports
The government’s plan for 2011-15 called for 82 new airports to be built during this period. In the event, more than 100 have sprung up.
Untitled10.png

Hong Kong International Airport and Asia World Expo
A true engineering marvel built by China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC; they are also building the Colombo Port City), including the 3,080-acre artificial island that the airport is built on. The project is the most expensive airport project ever, according to Guinness World Records, and was voted as one of the Top 10 Construction Achievements of the 20th Century at the ConExpo conference in 1999.
hong-kong-international-airport-aerial-jpg.209989

Zhengzhou Airport Economic Zone (ZAEZ)
Link: Aerotropolitan ambitions
A satellite city nearly 7 times the size of Manhattan with the airport built into its very heart. Its perimeter will encompass logistics facilities, R&D centres, exhibition halls and factories that will link central China to the rest of the global economy. It will include homes and amenities for 2.6 M people by 2025, about 1/2 as many as live in Zhengzhou’s main urban area today. The likes have already prospered in say greater Hongqiao (Shanghai Hongqiao Hub @cirr ) and Miyun (Beijing).
c02_1000-jpg.205807

maxresdefault-jpg.205808

Last edited:
Well said bro. In light of a boom in China's aviation industry (e.g. C919), airport infrastructures are expected to further develop in China as well as the region. China now has experienced engineering skills to build mega projects, including airports and "aerotropolis":

Chinese airports
The government’s plan for 2011-15 called for 82 new airports to be built during this period. In the event, more than 100 have sprung up.
View attachment 213670

Hong Kong International Airport and Asia World Expo
Built by China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC; they are also building the Colombo Port City), including the artificial island that the airport is built on.
hong-kong-international-airport-aerial-jpg.209989

Zhengzhou Airport Economic Zone (ZAEZ)
Link: Aerotropolitan ambitions
A satellite city nearly 7 times the size of Manhattan with the airport built into its very heart. Its perimeter will encompass logistics facilities, R&D centres, exhibition halls and factories that will link central China to the rest of the global economy. It will include homes and amenities for 2.6 M people by 2025, about 1/2 as many as live in Zhengzhou’s main urban area today. The likes have already prospered in say greater Hongqiao (Shanghai Hongqiao Hub @cirr ) and Miyun (Beijing).
c02_1000-jpg.205807

maxresdefault-jpg.205808
The boom of HSR is not killing airlines and expressways, however, they complement with each other. Wuhan being the most important railway hub, also witnesses a dramatic increase in other transportation sectors. Mega-projects are not for showing off but a response of citizens' need and also guides the whole society to a new level of development.

AIIB will be beneficial for other developing countries around the world. What 's important for us, it will provide a broader market and a all-round stage for Chinese company. Scientific Innovation, technical upgrading and industrious revolution will undoubtedly bring considerable merit to all Chinese citizens and those who is willing to cooperate with Chinese. It's a major paradigm shift compared to merely being the world factory, but being the biggest market, the biggest economy in the future and the largest provider of technology and innovation.

Last edited:
The boom of HSR is not killing airlines and expressways, however, they complement with each other. Wuhan being the most important railway hub, also witnesses a dramatic increase in other transportation sectors. Transportation mega-projects are not for showing off but a response of citizens' need and also guides the whole society to a new level of development.

AIIB will be beneficial for other developing countries around the world. What 's important for us, will provide a broader market and a all-round stage for Chinese company. Scientific Innovation, technical upgrading and industrious revolution will undoubtedly bring considerable merit to all Chinese citizens and those who is willing to cooperate with Chinese. It's a major paradigm shift compared to merely being the world factory, but being the biggest market, the biggest economy in the future and the largest provider of technology and innovation.

Exactly, through AIIB or bi-lateral deal, while China is still developing its own inland area it can also offer assistance to other countries in constructing the best, fully 3-D transportation network that will include roads, expressways, bridges, tunnels, metros, HSR, sea ports, airports and even new cities built around the transport centers!

@Shotgunner51 Hey, I'm leaving your hometown tomorrow morning for the County of She(歙县)in Auhui Province, Central China by coach(400km away, 5hours). I am once again impressed by Shanghai.
I have just come back from the Bund. Hope every city can achieve the CURRENT level of Shanghai in 5-15 year. I don't mean the number of skyscrapers, but the details of a city, like sanitation, public transportation, rapid road system, etc.
I LOVE Shanghai!
屏幕快照 2015-04-10 23.06.42.png

Kunming–Singapore Railway to be Substantially Complete by 2022

BANGKOK
– As of January 2014, construction of sections of the Kunming–Singapore Railway connecting China with Vietnam, China with Myanmar and Laos with Vietnam are under way.

The Kunming–Singapore Railway refers to a network of regular and high speed railways that would connect China, Singapore and all the countries of mainland Southeast Asia.

The proposed network consists of three main routes from Kunming, China to Bangkok, Thailand: the Eastern Route via Vietnam and Cambodia; the Central Route via Laos, and the Western Route via Myanmar. The southern half of network from Bangkok to Singapore has long been operational, though a high-speed line has been proposed.

China is helping Thailand to build High speed rail starting in 2015. Laos and the Singapore -Malaysia high speed rail sections appear likely to be agreed this year with Chinese construction companies.

China Railway Construction Corporation(CRCC) looks likely to win the bid for the first Southeast Asia high-speed railway line stretching from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, expected to begin construction in 2016, Beijing-based Caixin reports.

Kunming–Singapore Railway to be Substantially Complete by 2022 | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper

Exactly, through AIIB or bi-lateral deal, while China is still developing its own inland area it can also offer assistance to other countries in constructing the best, fully 3-D transportation network that will include roads, expressways, bridges, tunnels, metros, HSR, sea ports, airports and even new cities built around the transport centers!
Bro, I am waiting for my coach for She County 10 minutes laterqqqwAaea. First time here, another well organized hub. South station, south coach station, suburban bus port, two metros, raid bus to two airports. And they are all connected by underground passages and endless shops, restaurants and outlets. If some passengers are a little late, the radio will announce. It's not that type of chaotic bus port in my memory 10 years ago in Shanghai, but a paradigm indeed.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716830.184845.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716999.836660.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716662.252692.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716690.533123.jpg
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716720.765557.jpg

The drawbacks are also obvious: too small, especially today on Saturday when people are going home or like me going for an spring outing. And I'm a little worried about the paucity of security here.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716743.809821.jpg

Now, one minute before scheduled time. The bus driver is checking, and making sure everyone buckles up.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716582.163481.jpg

9:37 not a single minute late
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428716559.052113.jpg

Now, I'd like to say urgently to Mr. President, pls design more small or big transportation hub not just in China but in other coutures. Roads, railway stations and exporting our dragon bus(Now I am in Golden Dragon, the same coach I have mentioned in my previous thread that were exported to our African partners), shall be integrated into a package.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom