What's new

Deadly Israel-Lebanon border clash

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Deadly Israel-Lebanon border clash
Lebanon says Israeli troops crossed the border, but Israel denies this At least three Lebanese soldiers, a senior Israeli officer and a journalist have been killed in an exchange of fire along the two countries' border.

The Lebanese say they opened fire after Israeli troops entered Lebanon. The Israelis deny crossing the border. look pic down
It is the first serious clash there since the 2006 conflict between Israel and Lebanese Hezbollah militants.

Israel's foreign ministry warned Lebanon of "consequences" if violence continued.

"Israel views the Lebanese government as responsible for this serious incident," a ministry statement said.

In a statement, Lebanon's Prime Minister Saad Hariri condemned Israeli "aggression" and said Lebanese sovereignty had been violated.

The Lebanese army says Israeli soldiers crossed the border to uproot a tree which was blocking their view in the Lebanese village of Adaysseh.

A Lebanese army spokesman said it had fired warning shots and Israel had responded with fire from artillery positions and helicopters.

The army confirmed to the BBC that three of its soldiers had been killed and four wounded. The al-Akhbar newspaper confirmed that one of its journalists had also been killed.

Restraint urged

The Israel Defense Force (IDF) said its troops had been working on its side of the border near the town of Kiryat Shemona, when they received warnings to leave the area.

Israel-Lebanon border
Continue reading the main story Border known as 'Blue line'
Israeli troops crossed border in 1978
1978-2000 Israel occupied areas of southern Lebanon
Hezbollah cross-border raid led to 2006 conflict
UN brokered ceasefire after 34 days
Lebanon and UN force now control southern area
Frequent tensions along border
In pictures: Israel-Lebanon clash
"The soldiers were on routine activity in Israeli territory, in an area that lies between the 'blue line' (the internationally recognised border between Israel and Lebanon) and the security fence, thus within Israeli territory," the IDF said in a statement.

People in Lebanese army uniform then opened fire on the troops. The Israelis first said two officers had been seriously wounded, but then later confirmed that a senior officer had been killed.

He was named as 45-year-old Lt-Col Dov Harari from Netanya, a reserve commander in the engineering corps.

Maj-Gen Gadi Eisenkot, head of the Israeli military's northern command, told reporters he believed the incident was "a one-time event".

Speaking at a base near the Lebanese border, he said: "We received requests and demands from the highest ranks in the Lebanese army to cease fire."

However, he described the incident as a "deliberate ambush".

The UN peacekeeping force stationed in southern Lebanon, Unifil, has urged both sides to show "maximum restraint" following the clash.

The BBC's Wyre Davies in Jerusalem says the clash is an indication of the tensions along the Israel-Lebanon border.

Israel's Haaretz newspaper said the incident could have been caused by one of the sides misidentifying the correct location of the border.

The exchange comes a day after rockets were fired at the Israeli resort of Eilat, with a stray rocket killing one person in the nearby port of Aqaba in Jordan.

pic clearly show israili solder inside the lebnon and cut the tree .pic taken 5 minutes before gun battle.:angry:

origenincidente.jpg

injered israili solder at hospital
afp20100803192905674.jpg

israili heli take injured away
20108311264124360_5.jpg

Zionist Israel wants another round of humiliation at the hands of Hezbollah I guess. In yahudiyon ki bottom main bohat hi bara insect hai jo har kuch arsay baad uchhalta rehta hai.

dog only can understand language of stick and thats what lebnon army done today. its very good from lebnon side . today they cut tree tommorow they cut bridge and then they cut power pools stop them on first step its great. ahhhhhhhhh damn a$$ hole mushraf if he shot down first drone today we have ne civil war. look tiny lebnon army with no air force and navy only with m-16 guns and apcs can challange IDF . our shemale leaders have nukes but they pissing.shame on us.

dog only can understand language of stick and thats what lebnon army done today. its very good from lebnon side . today they cut tree tommorow they cut bridge -
The Lebanese Army tried to kill Israelis over a tree, and as the picture you posted showed, it wasn't even a Lebanese tree.

And you applaud that! How do you manage to think well of yourself?

The Lebanese Army tried to kill Israelis over a tree, and as the picture you posted showed, it wasn't even a Lebanese tree.
And you applaud that! How do you manage to think well of yourself?

Either im not understanding the picture or im mad. What i can clearly see is that the Israli solider jus crossed the fence. What was on the opposite side of the fence? Lebanon or what. I thought the whole point of fences was to keep out intruders :what:

I think this was un called for , cuting a tree down was not act of violence , provocative but uncalled for, I think provocation comes from Fact Israeli soldiers crossed the line

But I think it was not harmful just the tree was growing into the patrol road zone so it was trimmed or cut down for maintenence

But we are talking about a tree lol

I think this was un called for , cuting a tree down was not act of violence , provocative but uncalled for, I think provocation comes from Fact Israeli soldiers crossed the line

But I think it was not harmful just the tree was growing into the patrol road zone so it was trimmed or cut down for maintenence

But we are talking about a tree lol

Then the correct way is to contact the Lebanese border security about the problem. How can you just hop over an international border to do gardening?

Either im not understanding the picture or im mad. What i can clearly see is that the Israli solider jus crossed the fence. What was on the opposite side of the fence? Lebanon or what. I thought the whole point of fences was to keep out intruders :what:
The entire fence is in Israeli territory. See the dirt to the left? That's the border. The picture shows the tree was between the border and the fence.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom