What's new

Daud Ibrahim controlling IPL?

Never been a big fan of this IPL circus from day one. When you mix sport with bollywood nautanki (which itself is a murkier world financed by underworld) you have a recipe for disaster.

Bollywood has improved,Now we have legitimate production houses often owned by multinational companies who pay taxes to Govt.The black money no longer play a big role as it has used to be.Only way we can avoid such problem is to turn it in to a legitimate industry.Prohibition is never works,turn bookmaking in to a legitimate industry and regulate it using law.Then these people no longer has to use the services of people like Dawood Ibrahim.

I hope they do not bury the case and the guilty players and bookies are sent to jail.
I wish someone should drone dawood's house in karachi.

Whatever it is. This IPL is complete pack of bull$h!t. Doesn't feel like watching a genuine and classy game. Having watched Ranji trophy, Duleep trophy N number of times during childhood days; this comes in a totally different pack. A complete money spinner, packed with entertainment and gloss. What irks me calling the bolly stars on the set as a launchpad for their upcoming movie.
Can't agree more.
On the other hand,What happened today might be the just tip of the iceberg and the I do not expect the rest of the iceberg to come out in public ever. We have caught three small fishes today but nobody questioned the strange team settings of this team when their top order was getting failed on a bouncy pitch and overseas batsmen,very much experienced in this kind of track sitting in dug out calmly watching their team lose.

Sreesanth is a wannabe and everybody knows that. Always trying to get attention through one way or the other. The dude wants to be a reality TV star more than he wants to be a cricketer........:cuckoo:
They should just terminate the guy's contract and tell him that he can go dance or do whatever. Period.

Bollywood has improved,Now we have legitimate production houses often owned by multinational companies who pay taxes to Govt.The black money no longer play a big role as it has used to be.Only way we can avoid such problem is to turn it in to a legitimate industry.Prohibition is never works,turn bookmaking in to a legitimate industry and regulate it using law.Then these people no longer has to use the services of people like Dawood Ibrahim.

Legitimising the betting industry is never going to solve the issue. Bookmaking is legal in Europe.. & Pakistanis got caught while fixing in England. Same goes to football. An investigation by Europol into match-fixing in professional football is underway in Europe. Legalised betting is completely different to fixing and betting. If I know the outcome beforehand... I can walk into any betting shop & place a massive bet knowing that the odds are going to be high.. & the money I'm going to earn is going to be very much legal. It's only going to make fixers life far more easier.

Maybe. Probably Mumbai mafia with Dawood perhaps involved too.

Dravid must be heartbroken after what these guys have done.

I feel for him. One of my favourites players ever and a great sportsman.

lol......it is same as Osama bin laden controlling US economy or Hafiz Saeed controlling Indian politics :lol:
If this article was published in 95 I would have believed it but now with the passage of time the reach of Ibramin has decreased . Gone are his days...........

This is NOT article. This investigation done by Indian POLICE :).

I think since there is no cricketing league for there own a few wealthy Pakistanis might be betting on IPL and Dawood and Co might handling these deals,But you know highlighting Pakistani involvement is a good way of shifting attention and I think BCCI is doing a good job in that:lol:

FYI common man here even a vendor had been betting on every ball every run in IPL and other international matches and the betting ring is controlled by Indian bookies while sitting in Dubai :) its nothing new.

Its also not new that Indian Citizen Daud Ibrahim is fundding Bollywood and many bollywood stars owns IPL teams so its also not ruled out that Daud Ibrahim might having a big role in running IPL.

:D hehehe more culprits DA INDIANS none other

Spot-fixing in IPL: Dawood's man in Dubai mastermind of betting racket

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: The mastermind of the cricket betting syndicate is said to be a Dubai-based Dawood Ibrahim man named Sunil Ramchandani alias Sunil Dubai while the principal bookie referred to as 'Jupiter' in phone intercepts is a person called Chandresh. He is reportedly close to several politicians, builders and police officers.

"The hawala route in the payout of money indicates links to Dawood gang," said a Delhi Police officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "The increase in the seizure of 'dabba phones' - phones on which betting rates are taken from Dubai - in recent days from betting syndicates seem to confirm that Dawood's men control much of this cash-spinning industry running into thousands of crores."

While Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar didn't elaborate on the Dubai-Karachi connection, terming the link as that of the 'Mumbai underworld' whose kingpin lives abroad, sources in the special cell said that a team was probing Dawood's connection with the bookies and joining the dots using tip-offs gathered.

"We're trying to figure out whether the Dubai number used by the bookie kingpin actually originated in Dubai or somewhere else. The wires of this operation extend to Karachi, Dubai, Jaipur, Kolkata and Ahmedabad," said a Delhi cop, adding that the teams are in most of these places for further investigations.

Intelligence sources said Sunil Dubai started his operations in Mumbai about 20 years ago before shifting base to Dubai. "He used to shuttle between Dubai and Mumbai to coordinate operations till a few years ago," said a senior Mumbai police officer. Mumbai police issued a look-out notice after his name cropped up in betting cases involving a number of bookies. From Dubai, Sunil applied for anticipatory bail in a Mumbai court, but his plea was rejected last month.

Sunil took over the betting business after Sharad Shetty, also a Dawood man, was assassinated by rival gangster Chhota Rajan's men in Dubai 10 years ago. Sunil's family is believed to be in London. He frequently travels to Karachi, where Dawood and his right hand man Chhota Shakeel are based. Sources in the police said he heads a business worth over Rs 500 crore spread across Mumbai, Delhi, Dubai and Karachi.

It is learnt that a few years ago, he bought most of an apartment building near Mantralaya, the Maharashtra government headquarters.

"The five-storey building was initially occupied by Indian Navy officials. He bought most of the flats except one owned by the state government. He is trying to capture that too. He intends to redevelop it once he manages to buy the last flat," said a person with knowledge of the deal.

Several Mumbai bookies owe their allegiance to him. "He decides the betting rate and the others follow it. Cricket fixing cannot happen without his go-ahead," said sources.

As for Jupiter/Chandresh, sources said he shifted his base to Delhi some time ago after Mumbai police began cracking down on bookies. He had operated from Mumbai along with Ahmedabad-based Naresh Majethia for close to 15 years ago. The police are said to be gathering more information on Chandresh's operations here.

It all began with the interception of calls between Dubai and Karachi that had alarmed the special cell who mistook them first as "coded exchange between terrorists". But, further interceptions led to the unraveling of connections between IPL players and bookies.
The cops will now question Ramesh Vyas, a bookie arrested by the Mumbai police on Tuesday, who was the link between Indian and Pakistani 'bookies' and had exchanged around 30 calls to Pakistan, an officer said.

Spot-fixing in IPL: Dawood's man in Dubai mastermind of betting racket - The Times of India

time to legalise betting like uk. it is well known that dawood has a huge erevenue from betting. time to legalise and pull the rug from under his feet. i like cricket and IPL. IPL has been a big game changer that has revolutionized the way players have changed.

Legitimising the betting industry is never going to solve the issue. Bookmaking is legal in Europe.. & Pakistanis got caught while fixing in England. Same goes to football. An investigation by Europol into match-fixing in professional football is underway in Europe. Legalised betting is completely different to fixing and betting. If I know the outcome beforehand... I can walk into any betting shop & place a massive bet knowing that the odds are going to be high.. & the money I'm going to earn is going to be very much legal. It's only going to make fixers life far more easier.

Spot on.

Betting and match fixing are diff. things. Legalizing betting will not solve match fixing.

IPL is the right way to go for cricket - just like NBA, NFL etc. Betting will always be involved and will be controlled by the underground and no wonder Dawood has a hand. But it is far fetched to state that IPL is controlled by Dawood. Legalize betting and many of these issues will vanish. And the sports ministry is considering exactly that.

Ministry planning to legalize betting in sports - The Times of India

Finally a scam/ scandal which got a break through where none of the Manmohan affiliates/ ministers are not involved (based on facts revealed so far ) :cheesy:

I wouldn't be surprised if other super stars are involved as well.

Delhi police however will play no role in that. :P

Towel : A piece of cloth. That made Ranbir Kapoor's career and is about to destroy Sreesanth's career. :cheesy:

bollywood-machos-hotties-in-towels_13535602090.jpg

images

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom