What's new

Dates Production in Pakistan

1621258441228.png

Dates Suppliers Exporters & Manufacturers - GNS Pakistan Dates Factory

GNS Pakistan has ISO 22000:2005 Certified DATES PROCESSING FACILITIES ideally located at Therhi Town, District Khairpur of Sindh Province, which is the largest DATES producing area of Pakistan. The head office of GNS Pakistan is based in Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan. The firm is involved in multiple lines of business, trade and manufacturing of home decoration, food products and development of information technology solutions.

GNS Pakistan is a family owned firm. The sponsors are having a rich experience in the fields of trade, banking, law, food technologies, agriculture etc. The firm is operated on professional lines with a valuable input and sound strategic directions of sponsors. The sponsors also own GNS Dates Farms comprising hundreds of date palms located at Therhi District Khairpur of Sindh Province, Pakistan. The farms also produce best quality ORGANIC DATES of Aseel variety.

GNS Pakistan has always been a future-oriented company with a consciousness of tradition and demands topmost quality of its products and the services associated with them. We are constantly working on their development and optimization. It is this consistency that has shaped the company's self-image. It enables us to guarantee clients the best possible quality at all times.

Our Trade Links: GNS Pakistan has continental trade links across Europe, Asia, Americas, Australia and Africa.

DATES DIVISION - GNS PAKISTAN DATES FACTORY

Dates Production in Pakistan: Date palm is one of the oldest plants cultivated by man and its origin is thought to be Mesopotamia (Iraq), Gulf region or Indus Civilization. The presence of date fruits in the excavation of Moen-jo-Daro storage vases indicates the presence of date palm cultivation in Sindh as early as 2000 B.C

Dates (Fresh or Dried) are a very nutritious and delicious fruit containing mainly carbohydrates and several types of sugars but also proteins, vitamins, and minerals. A kilogram of dates contains 2500-3000 calories. In Pakistan dates are called Khajoor, Khaji or Kharikoon. Dates have many health benefits for humans and are perceived as prevention to many diseases.

We are leading exporters suppliers of best quality Dates from Pakistan. We trade (export) and deal in all types (varieties) of Pakistani Dates in different forms and shapes (fresh, dried, semi dried, whole, pitted, diced, chopped, decapped, paste, macerated and block pressed).

We are the first choice of International Dates Buyers. Dates grown in the Pakistani Farms then selected, pitted and processed by GNS Pakistan at its ISO Certified Factory are marketed all over the world. GNS Pakistan being a leading export house offers Pitted Dates, Fresh Dates, Soft Dates stuffed with nuts, Processed Dates, Diced Dates, Block Pressed Dates, Dried Dates Chhoharay and all other products of Dates.

Our Operational & Production Base

We are based in Pakistan having export, import & trading office in Karachi and dates farms and processing plant is located at Khairpur District.

Our Advantageous Position & Competitive Edge

GNS Pakistan has an advantageous position and competitive edge in Dates Markets due to its strong foothold and inherited presence in the major dates producing area being sponsored by native residents of Therhi Town, District Khairpur, Sindh Province, Pakistan.

Pakistan is rich in producing dates of different varieties and ranks at world's fourth largest dates producing country. Pakistani Dates are very famous for flavored taste, softness and sweetness. Dates palms are cultivated in all the four provinces of Pakistan i.e. Sindh, Baluchistan, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK). Among all provinces Sindh and Baluchistan are the leading provinces in producing multiple verities of Dates.

Dates Producing District & Provinces of Pakistan

• Baluchistan: Turbat & Panjgoor
• Sindh: Khairpur & Sukkur
• Punjab: Muzaffargarh, D.G Khan & Jhang
• KPK: D.I. Khan

Types of Dates in Pakistan

Over 250 varieties of Dates are cultivated in Pakistan over an area more than 76,900 hectares, these include:

Aseel, Shakri, Bhedir, Kharbala'en, Thothar, Fasli of Sindh;
Begum Jungi, Shakri, Muzawati, Alini, Sabzo, Ape-Dandan, hussaini, Chapshuk, Kahraba of Balochistan;
Dhakki, Azadi, Gulistan, Muscat, Shakri of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa; and
Hillavi, Khudrawi, Shamran, Zahidi and Ziri of Punjab.

Aseel has always been awarded as an excellent variety among all the Pakistani Dates in the international dates market.

Main Pakistani Dates Varieties:

Province wise details of main varieties are mentioned below:

Sindh Province:

- Aseel or Asil Dates are superior quality dates produced mainly in Khairpur and Sukkur (Sindh). These are radish and dark brown with more stuff (flash) and long shelf life. Best in sweet taste and enriched with energy value.
- Fasli also comes from Sukkur and Khairpur and adjoining areas. Fasli is mainly categorized as Industrial Grade Dates because of its size, shape, shorter shelf life and other characteristics.

Baluchistan Province:

- Begum Jangi (BJ) Dates is the premier quality dates variety of Baluchistan Province. District Panjgoor and Turbat are the major producers of this variety. BJ dates are identical in look and shape with Aseel but are smaller in the size with low level of moisture contents.
- Khahraba (Carba) Dates are of smaller size but sweeter and have lower moisture level. These Dates comes from Panjgoor & Mushkay areas of Baluchistan Province during September 22 to October 31.
- Rabbi or Baluchistan Rabbi (BR) Dates are also grown in Mashkail area of Baluchistan

Punjab Province:

- Halawi is produced in Muzaffargarh, D.G Khan & Jhang; the districts of Punjab Province. This type of Dates is sweet, sticky, semi-soft and moist. It is higher on the sweetness scale than many other dates, with a caramel color and undertone.
- Zahidi is also from dates growing areas of Punjab bieng semi-dry and less intense than some varieties, but still on the sweet side.

KPK Province:

- Dhakki Dates of Dera Ismail Khan, KPK Province has also a specific market due to its unique taste and size.

1621258383409.png

benefits-of-khajur

The date is said to be a complete source of food and energy. Eating khajoor strengthens the heart. In addition to providing immediate energy to the body, it also sharpens the eyesight and builds immunity in the body. It is very beneficial for colds, flu, sore throat and sneezing. It helps in expelling toxins from the body and controls blood pressure. khajoor are also good for bones and teeth and help reduces the risk of cancer, it makes up for the lack of sugar in the body.

Relieves weakness after illness and is very useful for relieving fatigue. It relieves constipation.

Beneficial for stomach upset. In Date-palm fruit, the Fresh Medjool Dates variety is regarded as premium quality. In general, Fresh Medjool dates are big in size, sweet in taste, distinctive in color with dark brown and dried table fruit that looks good compared to standard dates. Fresh medjool dates provides full nutrition with milk and if used with honey, its benefit is doubled.

Here are some of the major health benefits of eating dates:

1. Helps To Relieve Anemia

khajoor are an effective source of overcoming untimely food addiction while also increasing iron levels in human body, which helps in eliminating anemia quickly. However, diabetics also need to be careful about the use of khajoor.

2. Improves Bone Health

According to medical experts, dates contain carbon that helps to improve bone health. Another study found that minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium in khajoor strengthen bones and fights against diseases.

3. Improves Digestive System

Bones are high in fiber, which is essential for the proper functioning of the digestive system. The use of fiber prevents constipation while increasing intestinal activity. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition found that people who are accustomed to eating khajoor on a daily basis have better digestive systems than others.

4. Helps Fight Stress and Depression

Dates also contain vitamin B6, which helps the body make serotonin and norepinephrine, which improves mental health. Serotonin regulates mood while norepinephrine fights stress. One study found that there is a link between low levels of vitamin B6 in the body and depression.

5. Increases Physical Energy

The presence of fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamins and antioxidants makes khajoor the best fruit, while the sugar and glucose in it provide instant energy to the body. According to a research, date not only increases physical energy but also helps in maintaining it.

6. Protection from Heart Disease

One study found that dates reduce triglyceride levels and oxidative stress, both of which are key factors in heart disease, and that potassium in khajoor lowers blood pressure levels, which reduces the risk of stroke, while heart problems are also protected.

7. Reduces the Risk of Cancer

The habit of eating dates protects digestion and reduces the amount of harmful bacteria in the stomach that are at risk of spreading to the intestines. One study found that people who are accustomed to eating khajoor develop beneficial bacteria in their stomachs that prevent cancer cells from spreading in the intestines.

8. Protects From Seasonal Allergies

Millions of people around the world suffer from seasonal allergies, and the good news is that dates provide protection. One study found that khajoor reduce the risk of inflammation in people with seasonal allergies.

9. Weight Loss

Eating dates also helps in weight loss, the fiber in dates keeps the stomach full for a long time while preventing blood glucose from rising. Additionally, the antioxidants present in dates speed up digestion by removing toxins from the body, which speeds up the metabolism.

types-of-dates

There are currently 2,000 varieties of dates around the world, of which only 400 are left in Saudi Arabia today. Traditionally, most Muslims break their fast with it. Khajoor are widely grown in the Middle East. There are many types of dates, each with its own unique characteristics. There are some famous khajoor from different countries of the Middle East.

1. Ajwa Khajoor/Khajur

ajwa date

This black colored khajoor is grown in Medina Munawarah. Some people believe that this type of dates also has healing properties. The Ajwa khajoor is a special fruit of Madinah and its trees have been found here since ancient times.
History shows that some Jews came and settled here after seeing the date trees long before the revelation of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). It is narrated in the hadiths. Although some physicians have researched the usefulness and properties of each khajoor medically and found it useful.

2. Sagai Khajoor / Khajur

Sagai Khajoor is well known in world due to its taste and amazing health benefits. There are many types of dates that have their own health benefits, but Sagai Khajoor has its own place. Sagai dates are good for relieving constipation problems. Additionally, these dates are considered good for gastrointestinal health. The aphrodisiac properties of Sagai Khajoor make it a perfect cure for male health related issues such as oligospermia and impotency. It also removes debility from the body and provides strength.

Sagai_Khajur

3. Kalmi Khajoor / Khajur

kalmi khajoor

Kalmi Khajoor is a moist, soft type of khajoor from Saudi Arabia. It is mainly cultivated in Madinah Munawarah. Kalmi Khajoor is also known as Safwi khajur, dark brown in color and scrumptiously saccharine in taste. Kalmi khajoor is fully loaded with minerals and vitamins helps in strengthening bones and improve heart health.

Kalma Khajoor is also high in soluble fiber, iron, potassium, manganese, selenium, magnesium and vitamin B5. It is a healthy meal replacement.

4. Mabroom Khajoor/Khajur

Mabroom dates are sticky and delicious in taste. Mabroom Khajoor is of red-bronze skin and a candy-like flavour. This type of khajoor has a smooth and delightful taste, however is much harder than other types of khajoor. It is quite hard to chew. Mabroom khajur contain multiple vitamins, fibers and other minerals which add to a healthy mind and body. Mabroom Khajoor is not dry but very chewy in texture.

mabroom khajoor

5. Amber Khajoor / Khajur

amber khajoor

Ambar khajoor is one of the premium quality dates cultivated in Madina. Ambar khajur is a soft an easily chewable dates. They are fleshy dry in texture. It is well-known for its large size. It is amongst the most expensive dates and also comes in king size.

6. Sukri Khajoor / Khajur

The best dates among all the variants are Sukri Khajoor that is also known as the queen of dates. Sukri Dates are small and have golden color. Sukri khajur is rather hard and melt in the mouth. The sweet Sukri dates are full of nutrients and helps in the prevention of different diseases. These dates are originally imported from Saudi Arabia.

sukri date

7. Khudri Khajoor / Khajur

Khudri-Khajur

Khudri Khajoor helps prevent a person from an overeating habit. It also consists of calcium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper, oils, vitamins, folic acid, magnesium, proteins, potassium, sugars, iron, natural vitamins and is enriched with natural fibers that lead to a healthy body and brain.

Khudri Khajoor delivers purely natural sugar in the kind of glucose and fructose which is good for quick absorption and is considered exceptional. Eating Khudri Khajoor has fantastic positive health benefits that can be illustrated as; stops most cancers.

I get the Namibian dates; just amazing.
I spent 12 years of my life in Al Qassim province of Saudi Arabia. Over there Sukri are extremely cheap and widely available. You must eat a Sukri at least once in your life and make sure that it is from Al Qassim. I have eaten so many different types of dates but nothing close to Sukri. Sukri is so dry but soft enough to be effortlessly chewable. It tastes better than all the chocolates in the world except for may be Swiss chocolates. They are quite expensive outside Al Qassim.
I get the Namibian dates; just amazing.
I don't know if they are available in Pakistan.

I spent 12 years of my life in Al Qassim province of Saudi Arabia. Over there Sukri are extremely cheap and widely available. You must eat a Sukri at least once in your life and make sure that it is from Al Qassim. I have eaten so many different types of dates but nothing close to Sukri. Sukri is so dry but soft enough to be effortlessly chewable. It tastes better than all the chocolates in the world except for may be Swiss chocolates. They are quite expensive outside Al Qassim.
Yes i have had it. It is good. Namib desert dates have been now growing for past 30 yrs - phenomenal. Same also in Upington here; they are growing them too.

Then they weren't the best sukri. These juicy ones taste great but they pale in comparison to the dry ones.
yes dry ones are excellent. we carried those always on the field deployments together with biltong. you can survive for days on them.

@denel If it is possible to grow sukri in your massive house then I will strongly recommend you to plant a sukri tree in your lands.
yes dry ones are excellent. we carried those always on the field deployments together with biltong. you can survive for days on them.
The burst of energy that they used to give me when I used to break my fast in Saudi Arabia was awesome.

@denel If it is possible to grow sukri in your massive house then I will strongly recommend you to plant a sukri tree in your lands.
Yes, i have two date palms growing. I will definitely look at adding them; excellent idea.

This area is known for apricots - i have around 200 trees; i was playing with Mangos but no go as frost took it out. Oranges and citrus i already have.

You wont believe - i have seen date palms in johannesburg too.

The burst of energy that they used to give me when I used to break my fast in Saudi Arabia was awesome.
you must make some biltong - it is phenomenal.
@_NOBODY_

I am going to connect with my cousin who has a massive farm in northern botswana - no joke - 100km sq. he was playing with citrus/mangoes - 30,000+ trees. See if he has put something.

Last edited:
@denel
1621285850606.png

I eat these dates in Lahore. These dates are nothing compared to sukri but I am grateful for these. I don't know what these dates are called though. @ghazi52 Do you know what these dates are called? They are available in Lahore.
Yes, i have two date palms growing. I will definitely look at adding them; excellent idea.

This area is known for apricots - i have around 200 trees; i was playing with Mangos but no go as frost took it out. Oranges and citrus i already have.

You wont believe - i have seen date palms in johannesburg too.

you must make some biltong - it is phenomenal.
@_NOBODY_

I am going to connect with my cousin who has a massive farm in northern botswana - no joke - 100km sq. he was playing with citrus/mangoes - 30,000+ trees. See if he has put something.

Last edited:
@denel View attachment 744824

I eat these dates in Lahore. These dates are nothing compared to sukri but I am grateful for these. I don't know what these dates are called though. @ghazi52 Do you know what these dates are called? They are available in Lahore.

Here is biltong which i made. It is dried meat; will give you receipe for it.
Biltong.jpg

@denel What type of mangoes do you grow? Have you ever tried Pakistani mangoes like Chaunsa(imo the best mango ever) or Anwar Ratol?

Back
Top Bottom