What's new

Darra made guns

Confiscated weapons being destroyed:
Guns+in+Pakistan.jpg

What were they then turned into?
Cutlery or Nuts and Bolts? :P

Last time i was there i was warned not to buy guns if i don't know the dealer...
The dealers were in a "contract" with the police..They would report the registration number of the customer's car.
When the car left tribal areas,would be stopped by police and guns confiscated and buyer fined...
The gun would then be sent back to the arms dealer in Darra,he keeps the money and the gun. The police gets the fine money and some more from the customer..
Win win situation for all except the poor customer :D

That third pic is a Lewis Machine Gun from WWI
Lewis Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure that is. Used extensively then. Even in the Arabian desert by Lawrence of Arabia. Believe it or not, it was even the armament of an Armored Car built on a Rolls Royce chassis!

Last time i was there i was warned not to buy guns if i don't know the dealer...
The dealers were in a "Devil's contract" with the police..They would report the registration number of the customer's car.
When the car left tribal areas,would be stopped by police and guns confiscated and buyer fined...
The gun would then be sent back to the arms dealer in Darra,he keeps the money and the gun. The police gets the fine money and some more from the customer..

That is entirely believable. This is often the case when dealin with anything illegal or contraband.
As it is said: Caveat Emptor- Let the Buyer beware.....

The dealers were in a "contract" with the police..They would report the registration number of the customer's car.

Hehe, that is why you have a fixer do the work for you bahi. Unless you are well known to the locals, almost 90% of time you will employ a fixer or middle man to do the purchase and delivery for you. Us se agey ap ka masla hain.

Hehe, that is why you have a fixer do the work for you bahi. Unless you are well known to the locals, almost 90% of time you will employ a fixer or middle man to do the purchase and delivery for you. Us se agey ap ka masla hain.

Yes true that.. :)

But the skill these people have is admirable...How they make complicated weaponry with bare hands and simple tools is amazing..

Gun is not bad, it's the person behind the trigger. With liberalization of arms law, the silver lining between giving guns to good person and a bad person gets erased.

I'm happy with the strict Indian arms la, though they could ease it a bit for semi auto SMG and shotguns for high income group.

Not too sure about that! The greater statistical probability of being shot down just like that is no grounds for envy. :)

i too support India's strict gun laws,but some where in my heart i wish i too had the opportunity to buy and store some guns!

That's a self contradictory statement.

i know,its like you know its bad still you have a liking towards it.
Just like,some guys know the bad eefects of alcohol but still drinks it.
I would like to own guns,but for greater good i am supporting our gun laws! Great me!

i too support India's strict gun laws,but some where in my heart i wish i too had the opportunity to buy and store some guns!

Did you mean by any chance that you support sensible gun laws in India, where the citizenry that would need and can responsibly own a firearm for protection/sports-recreation can actually obtain a good quality firearm at sane price, instead of the current legislation where you can own a firearm only if you have good connections with some politician or a bureaucrat.

i know,its like you know its bad still you have a liking towards it.
Just like,some guys know the bad eefects of alcohol but still drinks it.
I would like to own guns,but for greater good i am supporting our gun laws! Great me!

There was a guy in our neighborhood, he had links with Naxals. Police confiscated few Sterling SMGs from his house and put him behind the bars few years back.

Back
Top Bottom