Reaction score
Country
India
Dalit family attacked by Bajrang Dal over beef, alleges Karnataka rights group
  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chennai
    |
  • Updated: Jul 23, 2016 12:31 IST
una-village_fb80651c-50a1-11e6-a5f1-138dd21979a8.jpg

The incident comes less than two weeks after a Dalit family was beaten up over suspicions of killing a cow in Una, Gujarat. (Arun Sharma/HT PHOTO)
Rights groups have said that Bajrang Dal members brutally attacked a Dalit family in Koppa in Karnataka’s Chikkamagaluru district last Sunday claiming there was beef inside their house, in a grim echo of the Dadri mob lynching of last September.

“Around 30-40 members of the Bajrang Dal came and attacked Balraj and four members of his family claiming there was meat inside their house,” KL Ashok, general secretary of the Karnataka Communal Harmony Forum, said.

“They beat them mercilessly with sticks,”Ashok added.

The 53-year-old’s hand was fractured, and members of his family suffered minor internal injuries. All have since been discharged from a local hospital in the town, which is known as the Kashmir of Karnataka because of its tea estates. Koppa is at least 300 km from state capital Bengaluru.

Local police filed a case against at least 30-40 alleged attackers under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015, after Dalit rights groups insisted that action must be taken against them.

Read: Crimes against Dalits in Gujarat less but conviction record poor: Data

This, however, did not go down well with local BJP MLA Jivaraj, Ashok said.

“He and the Bajrang Dal are planning to stage state-wide protests on the issue tomorrow,” he said, “First starting from Jaipura here.”

But rightwing Hindutva organisations won’t be protesting unopposed: Dalit rights groups and activists alike are planning to hold a “Chalo Jaipura” on Monday as part of their agitations against the attack.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ights-group/story-c8J4oRVo803zxWNyJMjKyL.html

Dalit families attacked over beef in K’taka
MYSURU: In a Dadri-like attack, two dalit families were assaulted at Herur, 60km from Chikkamagaluru, by rightwing activists for alleged consumption of beef on July 17. The Karnataka Forum for Communal Harmony on Saturday asked the state government to order a probe into the attack. A complaint was registered at the Jaipura police station in Koppa taluk. More than 30 members of the Bajrang Dal are said to have attacked the families of Balraj and Dhanu, at their houses, on suspicion that they were cooking beef curry. While a case was registered under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015, activists want attempt to murder charges also be slapped against the attackers. The forum secretary Gouse Mohiudden told TOI the families were beaten mercilessly and have sustained injuries.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...d-over-beef-in-Ktaka/articleshow/53359388.cms

@Moonlight @war&peace @django @Zibago @PaklovesTurkiye

Dalit families attacked over beef in K’taka
MYSURU: In a Dadri-like attack, two dalit families were assaulted at Herur, 60km from Chikkamagaluru, by rightwing activists for alleged consumption of beef on July 17. The Karnataka Forum for Communal Harmony on Saturday asked the state government to order a probe into the attack. A complaint was registered at the Jaipura police station in Koppa taluk. More than 30 members of the Bajrang Dal are said to have attacked the families of Balraj and Dhanu, at their houses, on suspicion that they were cooking beef curry. While a case was registered under the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015, activists want attempt to murder charges also be slapped against the attackers. The forum secretary Gouse Mohiudden told TOI the families were beaten mercilessly and have sustained injuries.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...d-over-beef-in-Ktaka/articleshow/53359388.cms

@Moonlight @war&peace @django @Zibago @PaklovesTurkiye
I guess beef is more important than fellow humans, hindia is no secular state but a nationalistic hindu state.kudos

These guys are no less than taliban. The only difference is that these guys don't have guns. Nobody has the right to take law in their own hand. Modi has been proved until now to be totally incompetent in stopping the persecution of dalits.

Does that change anything?

Yes lot things we same fringe in Muslims groups in Hyderabad and other areas

If want I can post videos where Muslim thrashing couples

Like I said every action has reaction

As for dalit thing just because few random attack in rural areas can't proof any thing

I'm to from SC/ST caste from
Rajasthan I never persecuted in my life all my friends are Brahmin or upper caste usually they are students mostly don't give dam about caste thing.

My teacher was upper caste he scarified alot for me

Just for few nut jobs we cannot alleged all

Last edited:
It doesn't change anything. If someone has a problem, he should go to the law enforcement agency and not take law into his hand. These people should be punished. These people are scourge on the society.

I dought they bajrang dal
My elder cousin was area Cheif this far right group in Jaipur area
And we SC/ST

This Report say the right groups are alleged groups
Every act from some random group Is alleged to RSS
Don't know why recently we saw false flag attack in Punjab by AAP

Yes these people should be punished but proper investigation should be conducted
Media should cautioned here to report such news

I dought they bajrang dal
My elder cousin was area Cheif this far right group in Jaipur area
And we SC/ST

This Report say the right groups are alleged groups
Every act from some random group Is alleged to RSS
Don't why recently we saw false flag attack in Punjab by AAP

Yes these people should be punished

It is good to know that you haven't faced discrimination.

My point is it shouldn't matter whether they are from RSS or VHP or Bajrang Dal. What they are doing in the photo is reprehensible and should be prosecuted.

Back
Top Bottom