What's new

Dalai Lama Documented Still CIA, Paid to Keep Tibet a "Running Sore"

I admire this old man.

He was chased out of his home and his country when he was a kid. He could have done a Masood or a Hafiz Saeed and encouraged extremism in Tibet, given his blessings to the formation of a an armed militia, fermented trouble, taken on the party internationally and created havoc. Instead he mostly stays or visits monastaries, has advised his followers to eschew violence and has not, IMO and to my knowledge, uttered a sentence that is incendiary or provocative despite his international standing - that dwarfs Xi and the rest by a mile.

Whatever the legitimacy of China's claim to Tibet, their behaviour towards the Dalai Lama is miserable. I would not treat a stray dog in such a manner. The way the official reaction explodes each time the Dalai Lama meets a head of state or travels to a country that is not in China's pocketbook is incredible and reinforces the perceptions of China no matter how well its economy does or how big its army.

If he is such a menace, why doesn't China initiate a resolution to label him a terrorist - or request interpol to issue a notice against him? For all its posturing China has not even dared to convict this man in their own courts.

I've noticed the government of Pakistan is conspicuously silent on the Dalai Lama. Since China is the new bestie on the block why not condemn him. After all, that's what iron brothers are for.

If he is such a menace, why doesn't China initiate a resolution to label him a terrorist - or request interpol to issue a notice against him? For all its posturing China has not even dared to convict this man in their own courts.

He is delegitimized, not made a hero or martyr. This is the best insult to a man with one foot in the grave.

When he dies, then, he will merely be a speck of dust in history with a bleak record of pocketing money and engaging some low-level CIA tender.

Dalai Lama is on CIA's payroll

images

He is delegitimized, not made a hero or martyr. This is the best insult to a man with one foot in the grave.

That's a good strategy except China legitimizes him every time the official reaction issues a bombastic statement in the wake of what the Dalai Lama does. There's clearly a paranoia about what he does, where he goes, whom he speaks to, etc. This only draws attention to him even more and, in fact, legitimizes him.

I conjecture that had there even been a shred of evidence China would have gone ahead and convicted him in absentia (as they have done for many Uighur leaders). There's nothing as powerful as a criminal conviction to dissuade world leaders from meeting with him.

If he is not legitimate the solution is to ignore him.

When he dies, then, he will merely be a speck of dust in history with a bleak record of pocketing money and engaging some low-level CIA tender.

If that's what you think you have a very poor perception of the Dalai Lama's international image and likely legacy. Sitting in the US and chatting with international students and faculty, I find that the only thing people have for him is respect and admiration - and a contempt at Chinese policy towards him.

This CIA claim is just seen as yet another desperate attempt (coming as it does so late) to throw dirt in the hope that some of it will stick.

That's a good strategy except China legitimizes him every time the official reaction issues a bombastic statement in the wake of what the Dalai Lama does. There's clearly a paranoia about what he does, where he goes, whom he speaks to, etc. This only draws attention to him even more and, in fact, legitimizes him.

That's not paranoia. Major states do not act on emotions. The diplomatic reaction told in a professional language has a purpose.

Paranoia is if a national leader has the urge to go out and declare his country a super power.

Diplomatic protest delegitimizes him because they limit his contacts seriously. The more diplomatically isolated he gets, the less power he will enjoy. His civilian contacts do not matter much. As an ordinary person, he is allowed to travel.

I conjecture that had there even been a shred of evidence China would have gone ahead and convicted him in absentia (as they have done for many Uighur leaders). There's nothing as powerful as a criminal conviction to dissuade world leaders from meeting with him.

China ignores him. Hence, launching a high profile case against him would put incredible light on him, giving him the desired moment and opportunity to propagate his separatism. He is just left alone, outside of China (although he requested to be allowed) and diplomatically constrained. China won't highlight him.

This is how he is being reduced to some old man with fancy ideas.

If that's what you think you have a very poor perception of the Dalai Lama's international image and likely legacy. Sitting in the US and chatting with international students and faculty, I find that the only thing people have for him is respect and admiration - and a contempt at Chinese policy towards him.

Sitting in many classes and talking to students from all over the world, I noticed that almost everybody has a contempt toward the US foreign policy. But, they still can't help respecting its power and development.

His being respected as an old man with spiritual ideas does not matter. He is person, China is a state. It does not matter China is liked or disliked. When the old man dies, he will be forgotten more quickly than Justin Bieber.

This CIA claim is just seen as yet another desperate attempt (coming as it does so late) to throw dirt in the hope that some of it will stick.

The point is he is where he wants to be now. Everybody is happy. He does not need to talk to secret services in a bid to create trouble. He is already been seen as a political figure by some, which is, in my opinion, the greatest dirt he can put all over his face.

Apart from CCP bots and some wanna be bots, no one believes what chiana say when it comes to Dalai lama,he has already appointed his successer so the issue is not dying any time soon...

You and I live in very different worlds, my friend.

That's not paranoia. Major states do not act on emotions. The diplomatic reaction told in a professional language has a purpose.

Recent events of the last few years,

DL meets EU leaders, China gets into a frenzy.
DL goes to Mongolia, China gets into a frenzy, blocks border.
DL meets Slovakian leaders, China threatens to cut off relations.
DL goes to US, China issues warning.
DL goes to the UK, China summons ambassador

and the list goes on and on....I think it's quite clear who is paranoid - it's not the Dalai Lama.

Paranoia is if a national leader has the urge to go out and declare his country a super power.

I guess this is a barb at Modi. Well Modi may be delusional by declaring India a superpower but that's not paranoia.

(as a matter of fact he has done no such declaration - feel free to correct me by posting any news story that substantiates your claim).

Diplomatic protest delegitimizes him because they limit his contacts seriously. The more diplomatically isolated he gets, the less power he will enjoy. His civilian contacts do not matter much. As an ordinary person, he is allowed to travel.

Please read up the Dalai Lama's travels in the recent past - or remote past. Look who meets him. Does it seem plausible that his contacts are limited or that Chinese efforts to delegitimize him are working? The President of the US, the PM of Great Britain, the heads of EU countries, the Pope, etc. etc. everybody is meeting the Dalai Lama and they do so despite all the sound and light show from Beijing - which means that it is China that is discredited each time a head of state meets the Dalai Lama.

China ignores him. Hence, launching a high profile case against him would put incredible light on him, giving him the desired moment and opportunity to propagate his separatism. He is just left alone, outside of China (although he requested to be allowed) and diplomatically constrained. China won't highlight him.

Funny. China does everything except ignore him. Repeated diplomatic protest and threats is not ignoring someone.

If China put more thought into it they would try him and convict him - which really would create an official problem for the Dalai Lama. Hell, maybe as per rules even Interpol would have to issue a notice against him. China could proclaim him a wanted criminal and exercise rights under extradition treaties.

But I suspect the Chinese leadership knows full well that (1) there's no way even a flimsy case could be made out against the Dalai Lama (2) any attempt to convict him would make China the global laughingstock and (3) it might embolden countries to ignore the conviction - which would be a grave embarrassment.

A CIA lama who agitated anti China uprising and guerrilla warfare in Tibet which resulted in thousands of deaths, Tibetan serfdom was the cruelest system on earth when he was ruling Tibet, hell on earth. Tibet now is a rich a prosperous place and I understand how this fact makes some country so envious.

A CIA lama who agitated anti China uprising and guerrilla warfare in Tibet which resulted in thousands of deaths, Tibetan serfdom was the cruelest system on earth when he was ruling Tibet, hell on earth. Tibet now is a rich a prosperous place and I understand how this fact makes some country so envious.

Any supporter of China is the least qualified to blame anyone else about cruelty. Dalai Lama is a revered world statesman to whom world leaders in most developed countries, business leaders, artists and educationists go to seeking advise. Nobody in the CPC including Xi Jinping and company can even imagine that kind of respect and reputation that Dalai Lama commands. But it is one thing to be jealous but another thing to try to insult him the way you are trying to do!

China's brute force has all but defeated any chance of freedom in Tibet but at least don't insult them!

Any supporter of China is the least qualified to blame anyone else about cruelty. Dalai Lama is a revered world statesman to whom world leaders in most developed countries, business leaders, artists and educationists go to seeking advise. Nobody in the CPC including Xi Jinping and company can even imagine that kind of respect and reputation that Dalai Lama commands. But it is one thing to be jealous but another thing to try to insult him the way you are trying to do!

China's brute force has all but defeated any chance of freedom in Tibet but at least don't insult them!
A country which butcher and torture people in Kashmir in daily basis has the face to talk about cruelty ? My god... with a butcher as your Modi and you talk about how Chinese president perceived in the world, certainly not as good as US presidents who send troops around the world doing killing and bombing. You can keep that Dalai lama and you can even install him as your president is you like him this much. We need a reason to fight India and we are happy to have one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom