What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Updates: sunrise delight
J7X58qm.jpg
wzPeUil.jpg
iZp78MJ.jpg

So, should China build some giant enclosed building for the builders, taking the advantage of sheltering against the weather as well as the nosy spy satellites??? :D:P ha ha ha
Already enough Chinese big mouth privy to sensitive info leaking to foreigners. No point.

Already enough Chinese big mouth privy to sensitive info leaking to foreigners. No point.
Even though some may big mouth privy to leak, in the absence of visualization it will still be anyone's guess... then add in some additional mixing to cook, eventually it may be too much to digest :D:P

Even though some may big mouth privy to leak, in the absence of visualization it will still be anyone's guess... then add in some additional mixing to cook, eventually it may be too much to digest :D:P
Actually this was a big issue that government had to remind people working in sensitive area to be careful and not to provide or be too trusting others especially foreigner.

Look at the tiny dry-dock used for the construction of the Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier at Rosyth Dockyard. I don't think the width matters much. The dry-dock simply needs to be long enough for the overall length of the carrier. The Kuznetsov-class is 305 meters long. The Queen Elizabeth-class is 280 meters.

dVXkity.jpg

L7AIyMa.jpg

The massive dry-dock at Dalian is probably overkill for the 001A. A smaller dry-dock would have sufficed.

Ll2eCog.jpg

X6Zg1Oj.jpg

Now I am certain that smaller shipyards (with smaller dry-docks) all over China can build the 001A. Most importantly, less experienced shipyards won't have to worry about a complex nuclear propulsion system and catapults.

From where did you get that "digitalglobe" photo?

There is little doubt that the 001A will enter service before the Vikrant. The INS Vikrant is in a race against Type 002. By then the Chinese carrier will be a generation ahead, featuring steam catapults over Vikrant's ski-jump, meaning that J-15s will be able to take off at full-load, and have 50% greater displacement.

I am actually quite impressed with India's naval development. In terms of core hardware technology, the Indian Navy is the only military branch that is within 10 years of China. This is primarily because of China's weak navy though, as China is 2 generations behind the US in terms of carrier-related technologies.
People make fun of India a lot here (I am guilty of the same at times), but their economic growth and military modernization are impressive as long as you don't compare it to China. We need to look at the transformation of India as it is, not as something to talk down upon to make ourselves feel good. Within 2 decades, they're going to be the dominant force in Indian Ocean, surpassing American 5th fleet.

People make fun of India a lot here (I am guilty of the same at times), but their economic growth and military modernization are impressive as long as you don't compare it to China. We need to look at the transformation of India as it is, not as something to talk down upon to make ourselves feel good. Within 2 decades, they're going to be the dominant force in Indian Ocean, surpassing American 5th fleet.

However, human development has been and always will be relative. When the West is growing below 2% while the world is growing at over 3%, the West is falling behind economically. I will be the first one to admit that.

I agree nonetheless, that India's constant use of China as their benchmark is misguided. India is outperforming all of its poorer neighbors economically and militarily. China has had the fortune of walking the path of Japan and South Korea, while India has carved out its own economic development model. India is also always spoken in the same breath as China in an economic discussion in the West, so we bare some fault too.

No they wont. China will not allow India to dominate the IOR region.

There are reports that China plans to base 2 CBGs in the IOR from around 2030 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom