What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
On topic; How many of those who post here are going to make the CWG fiasco an important issue while deciding their vote in the next election?................

Think about it!

Actually it is not simply about Congress MMS or BJP, The issue is much bigger - that of indifference and non-accountability. I do not think things might have been very different if BJP/NDA was in power because Prime Ministers and Chief Minister do not get the work done. It the the bureaucracy which fails us time and over. The cream-de-la cream who clear the Civil Services examinations to the lowly babu.

They are unaffected by the hue and cry in the media regarding the mismanagement and delays. They are least bothered about things going astray and ending in shambles. All they will do is pass the buck and clear themselves of responsibility. When I am working in a corporate setup - even one quarter of missing target or reduced productivity can get me fired. They create mess-ups after mess-ups and we shower them with pay commission recommended salaries.

Why is their no performance bonus - why is promotion just related to number of years holding an office. I gave an executive of mine two promotion and 150% hike in salary within a year. Still if he fails or slacks for even 1 quarter - some harsh measures will be taken and if it extends to 2-3 quarters he'll be out of job.

What happens to civil servants and babus who cleared bills for a $70 toilet paper rolls and end up producing toilets worse than one in Slumdog millionaire... Who rented treadmills at $10,000 and made no provisions for uninterrupted electricity, who made deals for italian flooring but failed to check stray dogs.

A major shake-up is a must and we must keep on highlighting these errors till the time we get some answers. It is my money which has been squandered. I am paying the taxes and I want some replies. I want some action - a stern one at that.

The fiasco is big enough to prompt a major shake-up in the system.

well they may as well have used the pottys in the village; it's unfair that dogs can go in for free and not the kids

if i were the kids, i'd be lobbying for my democratic rights!!!

what's going on?

after seeing all the jokes on india i wonder IF the game do turn out to be a big success (which i doubt) what would all these joke makers say???

1. first of all there is no criteria of success or failure in case of India and Pakistan.

2. As now India is involved so holding games where players participate and medals are distributed at the end of the day is considered as Successful no mate how much it sucks.

3. ABOVE all these Jokes are over real fiasco currently associated with CWGs and not about if these games will end with medal distribution.

So relax we are not giving any verdict on CWGs success or failure.
No need to find solace for bruised ego

wish you good luck for CWGS

Some of the leaked photographs - And the do look very very pathetic.

This is what we get after spending crores of rupee. How can we object to them stating this is unfit for human inhabitation.

games1-600x400.jpg

games2-600x400.jpg

games4-600x400.jpg

games3-600x400.jpg

games8-600x400.jpg

games9-600x400.jpg

Some of the leaked photographs - And the do look very very pathetic.

This is what we get after spending crores of rupee. How can we object to them stating this is unfit for human inhabitation.

games1-600x400.jpg

games2-600x400.jpg

games4-600x400.jpg

games3-600x400.jpg

games8-600x400.jpg

games9-600x400.jpg

It will be taken care of .. give it a couple of days ..

Ps .. i am disguted and ashamed of all this ..

Firstly, we don't know where these photos were taken from........it could be the remaining building out of the 36 or so that are still being fixed and the persons taking these photos, i.e. the security teams and team representatives who have gone in advance should be concentrating on the buildings already built......

Secondly, the finish is the only thing that looks horrid, I mean, the material used in the apartments, if you see the photos, it appears to be of good stuff, its just that they are dirty......once thats cleaned then this will look alot better........

Another thing I have noted, this is a bit like the Pakistan spot fixing fiasco, I am not one to go for Conspiracy theories, before anyone starts to qoute that here, but why did however, had given these photos to BBC wait for the following day, after making the claims about the cleanliness to show the world.......What I mean is, having made the claims, they could have shown the photos and made their point as to what they meant by unclean living standards.......they clearly knew full well that India and the CWG officials will try and repair the damage done by their claims which are true, no doubt on that, but why wait for them to go into damage control in front og the media and then suddenly hit the world with these photos, as if to say, look at these photos and then hear the comments of the Indian official who said that our standards of cleanliness is different.............

World F ing politics at play here also.......kick them even further while they are down is the philosophy being used here..........

Had to get that off my chest........sorry

Oh please let me take my dinner dont post these toilets again and again :angry:

Firstly, we don't know where these photos were taken from........it could be the remaining building out of the 36 or so that are still being fixed and the persons taking these photos, i.e. the security teams and team representatives who have gone in advance should be concentrating on the buildings already built......

Obviously of the remaining blocks only - As the pictures for finished blocks looked to be right out of a 5 star hotel.

Secondly, the finish is the only thing that looks horrid, I mean, the material used in the apartments, if you see the photos, it appears to be of good stuff, its just that they are dirty......once thats cleaned then this will look alot better........
Agreed - but they has years to get this stuff done. I was in Delhi the entire time and you would not believe the Halla Gulla over CWG construction where everyone was pointing out that things are geting delayed. But the thick skinned officials did nothing. When layman like me could make out that finishing removal of debris would take weeks if not months - why could the experts be so unaware?

Another thing I have noted, this is a bit like the Pakistan spot fixing fiasco, I am not one to go for Conspiracy theories, before anyone starts to qoute that here, but why did however, had given these photos to BBC wait for the following day, after making the claims about the cleanliness to show the world.......What I mean is, having made the claims, they could have shown the photos and made their point as to what they meant by unclean living standards.......they clearly knew full well that India and the CWG officials will try and repair the damage done by their claims which are true, no doubt on that, but why wait for them to go into damage control in front og the media and then suddenly hit the world with these photos, as if to say, look at these photos and then hear the comments of the Indian official who said that our standards of cleanliness is different.............

World F ing politics at play here also.......kick them even further while they are down is the philosophy being used here..........

Had to get that off my chest........sorry
I do not subscribe to this part. Media frenzy is well known and there was a lot of build-up to the event. Any Journalist worth his name in salt would have given a hand and a leg for these photos - specially when reports of complaints from international delegated started to come in. I have passed the village everyday for the last 2 years while it was under construction. Only 30 days were left when temporary accommodation for labours was demolished. Only 10 days were given for final landscaping. All the reports of water-logging confirm that due to shortage of time they were unable to clear the Malba and it clogged the drains.

I do not subscribe to this part. Media frenzy is well known and there was a lot of build-up to the event. Any Journalist worth his name in salt would have given a hand and a leg for these photos - specially when reports of complaints from international delegated started to come in. I have passed the village everyday for the last 2 years while it was under construction. Only 30 days were left when temporary accommodation for labours was demolished. Only 10 days were given for final landscaping. All the reports of water-logging confirm that due to shortage of time they were unable to clear the Malba and it clogged the drains.

You have msunderstood the point I was making...........whosoever took those photos.....he most likely had taken them before the Indian Official Lalit Bhanot made his comments.....however a delay tactic appers to have been used for maximum spin.....i.e. make the allegations on cleanliness (which I have admitted may well be true) however, then wait for Bhanot and his luitenants to go into full withdrawal and try and defend the CWG set up, which any official would do by the way, but his comments admittedly went too far the other way and into denial mode.......however then the photos were shown for maximum effect, not by the journalists, but the representatives of the teams and especially those who had taken the photos and gave them onto the news crews

@ Skeptic,

Actually it is not simply about Congress MMS or BJP, The issue is much bigger - that of indifference and non-accountability. I do not think things might have been very different if BJP/NDA was in power because Prime Ministers and Chief Minister do not get the work done. It the the bureaucracy which fails us time and over. The cream-de-la cream who clear the Civil Services examinations to the lowly babu.

I never said that it was " simply about Congress MMS or BJP"!

What I meant was in our political system only those issues capable of swinging vote banks are noticed and worked over by the politicians. Can any of these politicos act and comment as casually on the caste reservation issue?

Indian electorate has to get the priorities right, until then we have only ourselves to blame.

In my opinion BJP does have a better track record in implementing development projects on central and state (mine) level (though at ward level(mine) converse is true). I do not believe in the amazingly absurd view promoted by NDTV et al that congress can get away with anything just because BJP may have done the same thing in the past!

Sometimes, you have to choose the lesser of the two evils! (which will vary from poll to poll)

@Jana,

Oh please let me take my dinner dont post these toilets again and again

The way you have been gloating all over this thread, I thought you must have had two rotis more looking at those pictures! :blink:

Anyway, if you find it so offensive just use that little thing called 'mouse' and relocate to some other (perhaps cleaner) thread! :bunny:

Last edited:
If CWG is like this. Imagine what future infrastructure projects are gonna be like.

Why is potty spots everywhere in the pics? no offence.

That's why you guys are considering quick and efficient Chinese contractors :)

agreed; our agencies, especially state owned enterprises are unbelievably lethargic and need some competition in order step up their game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom