What's new

CSS: Why & What's future of CSS & Civil Services?

If we are to progress and stop the brain drain then there's no hope with this colonial legacy.

Police and administrative service of Pakistan should immediately be disbandoned and Fpsc mandated with only direct hiring for the departments besides conducting promotional exams and interviews.

With divisions dissolved and civil martial law up lifted we won't be needing a jack of all babu reporting to the federal. the elected mayors can directly take charge of the cities and appoint police chiefs from the same city .

CSS was made to operate under the powerful British Raj govt. After the Raj, that force was removed. And the Satan within civil service was unleashed.
Many govts and military guys tried their level best to handle this force. They were successful only in transforming it from bad to worse.

So I repeat here: Pakistan needs an overhaul. Complete social, economical, and defense strategies rethink.

CSS was made to operate under the powerful British Raj govt. After the Raj, that force was removed. And the Satan within civil service was unleashed.

In a civilised country they hire professionals to keep it going. In Pakistan we hire civil servants aka glorified clerks who then hire professionals to give the elected people presentations and b.s.

unless this gap between the ministers and professionals isn't adressed iam afraid not much could be done in this sphere.

In a civilised country they hire professionals to keep it going. In Pakistan we hire civil servants aka glorified clerks who then hire professionals to give the elected people presentations and b.s.

unless this gap between the ministers and professionals isn't adressed iam afraid not much could be done in this sphere.
At the moment that's how it goes: A girl or a guy, having no administrative value and ability gets "selected" as a leader aka MPA or MNA. This parasite, like all other parasites on this planet earth, right from its birth (by birth I mean birth) has only one goal i.e. parasitism. Now as he gets elected, the dalals, both at local and national levels get them in connection with bureaucracy. These bureaucrats are also there for "services". Each of these bureaucrats and senior officers or even the junior personnel are millionaires.

It doesn't matter who rules this country, behind the scenes things remain the same. When I look at Imran Khan sitting with Shah Mehmood Q, or Fawad Ch, I say: Yeah Riasat e Madina, of course.

Last edited:
These bureaucrats are the real root of all problems. Its them who tag with corrupt politicians and loot. They arw the ones doing paperwork for them. This colonial legacy needs to end.
A BA pass Assisnt commissioner acts like a king and in reality is a dumb idiot. I saw an AC barely 28 yrs old sitting among old villagers in a style that resembled british era. He was also rude and condescending to those villagers. I couldn't take it and had to tell the villagers in pashto what a public "servant" actually means and how a servant should behave. But in Pakistan, the servants have become maaliks. It was fun putting that little arrogant dog in its place.
We need to end this stupid syatem if we want to develop, these dumb babus will never let the country develop.

20000 people, both in Pakistan and abroad, need a single bullet each right in head.
Then there will be no anarchy, no shortfall of commodities, no ruppee devaluations, no killings in kashmir and zero terrorist attacks.

If a politician steals by X times, the bureaucratese steal by 10X times…..

The colonial style bureaucracy is no solution, it’s the problem itself….

Or phir mulk khatry main bhi nahi rahyga. And trust me on that.

Body {
Background-color: bright;
Future: Diplomat, Officer;
}

Everytime i hear about CSS that's the first thing which comes in my mind.

Css is amazing as it will land you in a very nice career

A BA pass Assisnt commissioner acts like a king and in reality is a dumb idiot.
spot on.

R&D orgs, doctors, engineers etc in govt departments are treated like shit and have to kow tow to these BA pass duffers who didnt have enough mental capacity to go for a technical field. they hog all the benefits, while the actual technical people suffer.
If we are to progress and stop the brain drain then there's no hope with this colonial legacy.

Police and administrative service of Pakistan should immediately be disbandoned and Fpsc mandated with only direct hiring for the departments besides conducting promotional exams and interviews.

With divisions dissolved and civil martial law up lifted we won't be needing a jack of all babu reporting to the federal. the elected mayors can directly take charge of the cities and appoint police chiefs from the same city .
Agreed, non elected people are kings, whereas those championing democracy dont want to delegate power. all of this is by design. why would a MNA/MPA legislate such laws, laws that require him/her to relinquish their power and to give up the opportunity to plaster their photograph on even a pakka gutter? why would they give up the power to influence transfers of police and make fake cases on their opponents? politicians play favorites with bureaucrats, and the civil service in turn helps them to get elected. all of it is by design.

Excellent points. May I add that there is no shortage of examples of visionary leaders faced with resource crunches who prioritized civil service reform (e.g. Singapore before it became a first world country) --- while we have had commission after commission 'study' and 'recommend' reform that no government properly does.

May I add that they at least use a standardized, relatively objective IQ/aptitude type test --- like the LSAT, GRE or even one of the paid IQ testing services used in psychological research. Currently, it is a largely subjective (make or break sections) memorization challenge. It's pathetic. The truly scary statistic is that these civil servants, most of them inept leeches, are the 'cream'; they are the 2% of those who pass the exams and further shortlisting. What a shame!

There is a concept called jurisprudence of excellence that first DEFINES what excellence is and then applies the best measure for it (in a competitive sense.)

If a politician steals by X times, the bureaucratese steal by 10X times…..

The colonial style bureaucracy is no solution, it’s the problem itself….

They are terrible. They are the holders of the status quo. Reform terrifies them.
spot on.

R&D orgs, doctors, engineers etc in govt departments are treated like shit and have to kow tow to these BA pass duffers who didnt have enough mental capacity to go for a technical field. they hog all the benefits, while the actual technical people suffer.

Agreed, non elected people are kings, whereas those championing democracy dont want to delegate power. all of this is by design. why would a MNA/MPA legislate such laws, laws that require him/her to relinquish their power and to give up the opportunity to plaster their photograph on even a pakka gutter? why would they give up the power to influence transfers of police and make fake cases on their opponents? politicians play favorites with bureaucrats, and the civil service in turn helps them to get elected. all of it is by design.

You have arrived at the paradox of Pakistani 'democracy' --- this is why we keep going in circles.

And this is why I can never forgive Mush, who early on had 'write anything on a piece of paper and it becomes law' type power --- yet failed to once and for all rid the system by instituting painful, structural reform at every level of government service. But, in the end, small-minded men cannot simultaneously be visionaries. The current democratic system can now NEVER implement such radical change, as there are too many stakeholders.

Body {
Background-color: bright;
Future: Diplomat, Officer;
}

Everytime i hear about CSS that's the first thing which comes in my mind.

Css is amazing as it will land you in a very nice career

A free pass to haramkhori , kinda yearly lottery draw for the Tom dick and harry by the elite to pre-empt any uprising at the expense of science and actual progress. It's anything but a pagan way of entrusting positions to noobs for socio cultural catharsis.

Back
Top Bottom