What's new

Cross Swords Pakistan, its army and the war within

Exactly, both are openly available, and they also form part of professional military courses so that we learn as well.

Pakistan hasn't really banned alot of books relating to the army however there are books that are banned or have not been allowed to be published or distributed but the aforementioned books are not one of them. They can be bought in most book stores however shelving out couple of thousands for them isn't what I would call a good decision especially when
A. They can be found online

And

B. Military Inc focuses entirely on the economic aspects of pakistan military and while that is well and good, great actually, it makes it the sole focus of the military rather than the sole focus of the book itself. This is where the analysis becomes flawed. If the book just concentrated on the economic points of pakistan military then it would have been fine but it made economic benefit the center of pakistan army which is a flawed analysis as it does not explain, at many points, why the military intervened or meddled in political affairs when their economic interest was neither harmed and infact more secured. If economy was the sole driving interest then their intervention was contradictory to their sole interest. Both shuja Nawaz and aqil shah, in their respective writings, have elaborated that placing sole economic factor in the military would lead to a flawed analysis on understanding the military mindset. This makes the book a good read only if you take this into account and read it along with other scholarly works, works which are actually more in-depth.

When you fell for pathetic propaganda nothing can be done about. Kiyani doesn't own any island and papa John's story is BS.

Lol
If u say so but evidence I have seen tells another story
So what you r saying is my pdf fellow is all generals are doodh kay dulay howay?
I have seen their lifestyle very closely as few generals were from within my extended family as well
Even if u do the maths based on salaries over the time you won’t be able to prove or justify their life style in Pakistan or abroad

Lol
So what you r saying is my pdf fellow is all generals are doodh kay dulay howay?
I have seen their lifestyle very closely as few generals were from within my extended family as well
Even if u do the maths based on salaries over the time you won’t be able to prove or justify their life style in Pakistan or abroad
Who turn our military corrupt???

Exactly, both are openly available, and they also form part of professional military courses so that we learn as well.
What is your opinion about both of these books? Are they accurate ? What improvements we can or have made based on them?

What is your opinion about both of these books? Are they accurate ? What improvements we can or have made based on them?
Crossed swords is pretty accurate, however the second book, Military Inc has some discrepancies.

Improvements depends upon what lessons everyone of us have taken out of them, and then whether we are ready to apply this blunt corrections or not....

Last edited:
Lol
What you have seen is big fat lies. Kiyani doesn't own any island you want to remain blind because of your bias and your love for corrupt MAFIAS like PML N and PPP that is your problem. Kiyani is living in Islamabad and only time he visited Australia was when he was Army Cheif as official visit. But please keep believing lies. This what your kind does.
Crossed swords is pretty accurate, however the second book, Military Inc has some discrepancies.

Improvements depends upon what lessons everyone of us have taken out of them, and then whether we are ready to apply this blunt corrections or not....
Sir please start a new thread in members club or post in what are you reading in members club and post your list of favorite books on Military, foreign policy and geo political issues.

@PanzerKiel

Who turn our military corrupt???
Our military is not corrupt at all
It’s few black sheep only
What you have seen is big fat lies. Kiyani doesn't own any island you want to remain blind because of your bias and your love for corrupt MAFIAS like PML N and PPP that is your problem. Kiyani is living in Islamabad and only time he visited Australia was when he was Army Cheif as official visit. But please keep believing lies. This what your kind does.

Sir please start a new thread in members club or post in what are you reading in members club and post your list of favorite books on Military, foreign policy and geo political issues.

@PanzerKiel

there is no need to go into argument with you

if anyone doesn’t agree with your version then he is corrupt and mafia of PMLN and PPP
Typical PTI mentality without brains

so I recommend you to not get into any discussion with me before you sort yourself out with manners, which is very hard for you I know

I won’t reply to your any comments what do ever

Sir, you know it all too well, the top positions are way too lucrative right now for any meaningful change to take place any more. It is a curse we've to live with.

Back
Top Bottom