What's new

Cricket World Cup 2015: News & Discussions

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
583884-cwccricketworldcupicclogo-1375154938-408-640x480.jpg

Pakistan has been placed in a tough Pool B with India, South Africa and West Indies.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the schedule of matches for the upcoming Cricket World Cup scheduled to start in for February 2015 and jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.

The announcement was made by the ICC official twitter account just as two simultaneous launch events took place at Melbourne in Australia and Wellington in New Zealand.

proxy.jpg

The final match of the world cup will be played in Melbourne on March 29.

Pakistan, placed in pool B, will get their campaign underway in Adelaide on February 15 against arch rivals and defending champions India in a day and night encounter.

World cup a tourism boost

The ICC chose to host two simultaneous events to mark the launch of the world cup. The one in Melbourne was attended by the Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd who voiced hope that the tournament will bring tourism and trade along with the fans.

“This is one of the biggest events in world sport,” Rudd said.

“It will attract cricket fans from around the globe and also promote Australia and our close friend New Zealand internationally -especially in India and other parts of south Asia,” the Australian cricket board website reported him as saying.

Rudd was accompanied by former captains Ian Chappell (Australia), Kapil Dev (India) and Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) and cricketing legend Dennis Lillee.

In Wellington, the New Zealand prime minister John Key attended along with former great Sir Richard Hadlee and former captains Waqar Younis (Pakistan), Glenn Turner (New Zealand) and Stephen Fleming (New Zealand).

Cricket world cup 2015: Pakistan to open campaign against India – The Express Tribune

i think we win this world cup with Mohammad Irfan in Pakistan team on australian pitches bring it on all indian batsman face the chin music and till than INSHAHALLAH we will have Mohammad aamer in Pakistan team again and we need 2 good middle order batsman like younis khan oyounis khan should be the one out of those 2 other batsman who take singles and doubles on will australia has big grounds boundries hard to come

i think we win this world cup with Mohammad Irfan in Pakistan team on australian pitches bring it on all indian batsman face the chin music and till than INSHAHALLAH we will have Mohammad aamer in Pakistan team again and we need 2 good middle order batsman like younis khan oyounis khan should be the one out of those 2 other batsman who take singles and doubles on will australia has big grounds boundries hard to come

2015 dude 2015. k bye comment again in 2015

will be fun, i hope we defeat pakistan, i don't mind them winning the WC though, win win for both of us :cheers:

this time things going to be changed we want to win match against india and loose each and every game against any team even dont qualify for super six we need to destroy indian team in this match ameen

this time things going to be changed we want to win match against india and loose each and every game against any team even dont qualify for super six we need to destroy indian team in this match ameen

don't worry our team will not only destroy your team but also demolish each and every team they are up against and arrive back home as World Champions retaining the title

This world cup is going to be special for me.the first world cup i remember watching on TV was in 1992 which was held in aus and nz;i was in class 3 at that time.again after 23 years aus will be hosting the WC.i remember how javed miandad jumped like a monkey to mock kiran more.we had a black and white tv.matches began before sun rise in india , i had to go to school which made me miss some matches.ind pak match was a day nighter and i remember tendulkar hitting few boundaries in the end

the other matches i remember very well are ind eng match where this guy called subrato banerjee hit cpl of sixes at the end but couldnt save ind from defeat.pak defeating nz is the other match and finally pak defeating eng;inzamam was relatively thinner then.wasim akram clean bowled lewis.i rooted for pak until 96 world cup thinking we were one nation and all belonged to same group(as a child without any political knowledge).it was only in 99 when kargil started i knew the real history

If Mohammad amir, salman butt umar gul abdul razzaq, imran nazir and shahid afridi will play in 2015 world cup than we will must win this World Cup InshAllah.

Back
Top Bottom