What's new

Cricket Australia confirms Pakistan tour; PCB announces revised schedule

Read properly. I am explicitly talking about Babar Azam skill against leg spin.
So he has become one of 1 of the best batsman in all types of format - and he is a bunny against leg spin? Ok I suggest we just agree to differ.
Fantastic fight back by Babar and Shafique today - Babar another class century

So he has become one of 1 of the best batsman in all types of format - and he is a bunny against leg spin? Ok I suggest we just agree to differ.
Fantastic fight back by Babar and Shafique tod
No.1 players in all the format ? when the hell that happened. He is no.1 in ODIs only.

P.S. in 20-20 cricket there any many better batsman then him. He was perfect for ODIs and I sincerely hope his becomes champion test player as well like the way he batted today.

STUMPS

2nd Test, Karachi, Mar 12 - 16 2022

Australia Flag

Australia
556/9d & 97/2d
Pakistan Flag

Pakistan
(82 overs, target 506)...148 ..&.. 192/2

Day 4 - Pakistan need 314 runs.

Batting...
Babar Azam* (rhb) ..................... 102
Abdullah Shafique (rhb).............. 71

No.1 players in all the format ? when the hell that happened. He is no.1 in ODIs only.

P.S. in 20-20 cricket there any many better batsman then him. He was perfect for ODIs and I sincerely hope his becomes champion test player as well like the way he batted today.
Retard. Read what I put - ONE of the best players and that’s a fact. Sometimes debating becomes tedious when those you are debating don’t read what you post.

Can Pakistan do it ? Will be watching keenly and hope W Indies can beat England in 2nd test also

Very possible to get the win and break records, but instead we are playing it very safe going for the draw, weak mentality. Hope to be proven wrong.

I’ve always supported Babar, but he was greedy today, wasted overs after overs going for just those last 10 runs, and did not even make it, put us in a worse position and now it’s all falling apart. This is a team game not a individual performance game.

I’ve always supported Babar, but he was greedy today, wasted overs after overs going for just those last 10 runs, and did not even make it, put us in a worse position and now it’s all falling apart. This is a team game not a individual performance game.
Cmon man, who would you rather have at the crease than Babar Azam? A batsman of his quality can be afforded the luxury of wasting overs. The longer he had stayed in, the longer the partnership developed, the better chance we had of winning it. Now that he's gone, i expect the rest to collapse, they're unlikely to save a draw, let alone a win.

Cmon man, who would you rather have at the crease than Babar Azam? A batsman of his quality can be afforded the luxury of wasting overs. The longer he had stayed in, the longer the partnership developed, the better chance we had of winning it. Now that he's gone, i expect the rest to collapse, they're unlikely to save a draw, let alone a win.
They’ve been going for a draw since the start, even right now, they goimg for singles when they could run for 4-5 runs, poor mentality, they could break records today, make their nation proud, but going for a draw when the win was easily obtainable is poor.
yes I’d have Babar any day, he played great, but when he got to 185+ he started playing too safe, if he carried on playing like he did we would be closer to winning the match right now And he would’ve possibly still not be out right now.
I may be heated right now so I might be over exaggeratin, but all I want is for Pakistan to win this right now.

Very possible to get the win and break records, but instead we are playing it very safe going for the draw, weak mentality. Hope to be proven wrong.
Problem is - in a test match the fielding side have the advantages of putting ALL the fielders back and bowl don the leg side to restrict runs. No wides would be given. To be all out for 140 and save a test match is a great achievement in itself.....

///

Australia frustrated as Pakistan snatches draw from jaws of defeat

AFP
March 16, 2022

Australia's Pat Cummins (C) celebrates with teammates after the dismissal of Pakistan's Abdullah Shafique (not pictured) during the fifth and last day of the second Test match between Pakistan and Australia at the National Cricket Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday. — AFP

Australia's Pat Cummins (C) celebrates with teammates after the dismissal of Pakistan's Abdullah Shafique (not pictured) during the fifth and last day of the second Test match between Pakistan and Australia at the National Cricket Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday. — AFP

Babar Azam bats on the fifth day of the second Test match between Pakistan and Australia at the National Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday. — AP

Babar Azam bats on the fifth day of the second Test match between Pakistan and Australia at the National Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday. — AP

Australia were frustrated on the final day of the second Test at the National Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday as a resilient Pakistan snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat.

After two matches, the series still remains even but the result of the second Test must have felt a moral win for Pakistan, who at one point on the penultimate day were reeling at 21 for 2 in pursuit of a gargantuan 506-run target with a sea of overs left to survive.

Australia are on their first tour of Pakistan since 1998, having previously refused to tour the country over security fears.

The third and final Test starts in Lahore on Monday.

//////

Little bro - something else to ponder.....

If Aussies had allowed Pakistan to follow on - they would have had an extra 20 overs to take the 3 wickets. I think Aussies played negative and miscalculated. They should have been braver. Trust me - to bat 2 days and save a test is a massive achievement.

Back
Top Bottom