What's new

Creation of Bangladesh

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It is interesting to think about the creation of a seprate muslim country, Bangladesh. I have an interesting question for you guys.

If our Quaid alive today, what would he think about Bangladesh?

Well thats not the point. What if he just gets alive today in a shape of what he was like in the ruling days. What would he think about Bangladesh?

He would think about those who had led to its creation as far as BD is concerned surely he will now think about its welfare, he was a such a visionary man.

Thats an interesting but a very difficult question. I think if The Quaid was alive a lot of things would have been different today, including Kashmir and Bangladesh and FATA.

Imho after ruling both wings for a decade he would have known how they differ in each and every way; they were merely connected by the religion!

He would have been courageous enough not to deny EP independance if they asked for it.

Imho the partition should have created three states instead of two, Bangladesh should never have been a part of Pakistan.

Neo,

One must understand the historical perspective of the Partition.

Pakistan came into being because of the demand for a Muslim homeland. East Bengal was a Muslim majority state and so it was axiomatic that they joined Pakistan. It was the obvious and natural thing that happened. Therefore, what came to become Bangladesh had to be a part of Pakistan.

In those day, the religious angle was on a high. Therefore, again it was a feeling of oneness that was important for the Bengalees of East Bengal to join Pakistan.

Bengalees are a very volatile race, irrespective of religion and they hold their language, traditions and culture on a very high personal pedestal. Therefore, to impose upon them another culture to bring a being of oneness becomes a bit tricky. The imposition of Urdu was the start of the divide.

What broke the camel's back was Mujibur Rehman being denied his due for reasons known to you.

The rest is history.

Imho the partition should have created three states instead of two, Bangladesh should never have been a part of Pakistan.

I concur. They should have been a seperate state from the start but with major alliance and cooperation with Pakistan.

The bangladesh was a blessing from Allah to both us pakistanis and banglis, both of us held the other one back for our own selfish reasons. Today we both are happy as we are, we are still allies, just they are their own country

I think the Salim put the BD creation in right prespective
Bengalees are a very volatile race, irrespective of religion and they hold their language, traditions and culture on a very high personal pedestal. Therefore, to impose upon them another culture to bring a being of oneness becomes a bit tricky. The imposition of Urdu was the start of the divide.

Any way I think a geographical barrear of thousand of miles between two "Parts" was a cruel joke on the people. More over apart from religion, every other thing was different. These two parts would have been TWO parts right from day one.
but as Salim says that
In those day, the religious angle was on a high. Therefore, again it was a feeling of oneness that was important for the Bengalees of East Bengal to join Pakistan.
Then how it explains the presence of large number of "MINORITIES" in each part of that time? I think politics was dominating factor then religion. Leaders of the time played over the fear of the population, delibrately created by Birtish and readily adopted by leaders of the two communities.
Kashif

Khawaja Nazimuddin 2nd prime minister pakistan born in Dacca, Bengal

Muhammad Ali Bogra 3rd prime minister pakistan born in Bengal

Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy 5th prime minister pakistan born in Bengal .He is the founder of Awami League, one of the two major political parties of present day's Bangladesh.

Nurul Amin 9th prime minister pakistan born in Bengal

So out of the first 9 prime ministers of pakistan before the creation of bangladesh 4 where of bengali orgin.

The main rallying points of bangladesh's independance movement where to keep the bengali language and to get fair representation for the people of east pakistan.
The punjabi's did not complain when urdu was made the state language .The punjabi's are just as proud as the bengali's about the there history and culture but for the sake of national unity they let there language and literature take second place.
What would have happened have if the pathaans,sindhis and balouchs started saying they wanted there languague to to be the ones taught in the schools.
The point about political representation for the people of bengal [east pakistan] has already been made as out of the first nine prime ministers four where from bengal.

Here's another one...

Would Bangladesh consider reunion with the Pakistan federation, now?

They get autonomy, and complete control over matters in their own land and we share defence and economy?

Would Pakistan want that now?

Here's another one...

Would Bangladesh consider reunion with the Pakistan federation, now?

They get autonomy, and complete control over matters in their own land and we share defence and economy?

Would Pakistan want that now?

I think neither will.

I have sympathy with Bengalies. But i support for em separate land name Bangladesh. Bangladesh reunion is not good idea for Pakistan. Then next question will be, are we ready to accomadate heavy influx of immigrant Bangli in Pakistan, which will be million. Do you guys ready for economic disaster of Pakistan ?

now see himself...their bangladeshi army ...fighting on President and govt seat.
now bangali peoples should also blame to army and should got new country.
tell what change occured in bangladesh after Pakistan ? Nothing.
all bangladesh full of poverty.peoples living in miserable condition.
now why not you bangali peoples claim to Pakistan punjabi for poverty in bangladesh ??? ?

Back
Top Bottom