What's new

CPEC Value Rises to $55 Billion after new Chinese Investment

Sir, at this point in time, even the Americans would give you the same bullet points you've mentioned :lol:, depends on who you ask and about which leader. The same bullet points are a part of every society at some level, some more, some less. At the end of the day, a nation's economic and institutional system has to go on with democratic values. That is what takes a country forward. I've read a lot of people on here who apparently think Pakistan should be ruled by the same military who has ruled it for like 50 years? So that's fine if people think that way. But today, there is not a single country on the face of this planet who grew due to a military's efforts, period. Literally, not even one country which has become an economic power house due to dictatorship.

What that tells you is, that corruption and everything else you brought up, are legit concerns, but you have to allow the system to fix itself. Plus, the law is the most supreme thing. A country is made for its people, not a small population for its military or political elite. The law and the people rule, overtime, the system starts to function and it fixed 80-90% of these. You can never fix anything 100% as that's impossible. Thanks

I never mentioned dictatorship or military in my post. Wasn't my point.

But i agree you need a free society for entrepreneurship to thrive and capitalism to grow.

But as a side note and being the devil's advocate, China kinda goes against the grain... vis-a-vis the whole democracy and growth theory...

I never mentioned dictatorship or military in my post. Wasn't my point.

But i agree you need a free society for entrepreneurship to thrive and capitalism to grow.

But as a side note and being the devil's advocate, China kinda goes against the grain... vis-a-vis the whole democracy and growth theory...

I wasn't just addressing you, I linked your post with a few other discussions that I had with people and seeing a general behavior on here. So I thought I'd make a comment or two on that topic also.

China is different example, China isn't a dictatorship. It is a system like how Russia is (and was). I don't personally agree with the Chinese or the Russian system where the government decides everything for people, but it is still not a dictatorship where one general rules a country and there are military courts, suspension of the constitution and no growth or plans to grow anything for growing population (seen it all across the history in so many countries).

The Chinese at-least have a "party" where people combined run the country in one dimension and setup a legal framework for human freedom (obviously very limited), etc. But, they have grown the economy which a blind can see. And that one party system's what's been the case in China.

I don't like it as an American individual, but I will respect the 1.3 billion people. If they are ok with it, who am I to tell them differently? Hey, their system has taken them from bicycles to one of the highest growth global economy so the results show the progress. Thanks

Pakistan needs to develop its " Human Capital " so that we have enough trained Manpower to run these upcoming projects.

it will grow month by month.. inshaAllah it will be above 100bn by 2020.

CPEC will work as burnol factory for pathetic people who cant fathom progress in Pakistan..

Pakistan needs to develop its " Human Capital " so that we have enough trained Manpower to run these upcoming projects.

If all goes as forcasted Nd law and order improves... I foresee a lot of the overseas highly educated Pakistanis moving back to Pakistan and bringing their expertise and western work ethic with them. The first and most beneficial wave of them could very well be from America because of obvious reasons...

I had created a thread on CPEC predicting, CPEC will ultimately end up investing 100-200 billion USD or so in Pakistan due to obvious reasons (industrial zones being build but no investment for industries as part of CPEC thus far, oil pipelines are proposed but not yet part of CPEC)

Its slowly rising after every few months

From 45.50 billion dollars ro 51.5 and now 55 billion usd already

wp_ss_20161126_0001.png

http://urdu.aaj.tv/latest/پاک-چین-اقتصادی-راہداری-منصوبہ-6ممالک-ک/

Back
Top Bottom