What's new

CPEC to create over 700000 direct jobs: expert

Because you are short sighted you cannot see or imagine the benefits. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm not, we introduced GST in view of attracting investment.. We have our own Industrial corridors unlike CPEC. First let baby crawl before you think about marathon ..

We will have it soon. Just wait for our energy problem to be solved. Without CPEC we touched 7% growth. with Cpec we will soon touch 9-10% growth and a lot lot of foreign investmentwill come . Also return of our own investors who left because of energy crisis. You should worry about Modi great policies.

CPEC will be completed by 2030. 150 billion dollars more projects to come.

Energy problem may solved for the current needs but what about future? And you think India will remain at 2 trillion $ economy? Lol when did you guys achieved 7% growth rate?

Fail: CPEC isn't just about Gwadar nor is just about import/export.

It is? China needed a route to bypass malacca . Gwadar fulfil their needs..

Last edited:
Who funded her lab's research?
Engineering consultancy firms like Bechtel and Halliburton have historically inflated econometric projections in developing countries like Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Panama... This makes it easier to justify foreign loans for grandiose infrastructure projects...

... If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Hallucinating Hindus just won't stop their locust style invasions of CPEC threads! These lot have some serious grievances (read: mental issues) to be put right.

Energy problem may solved for the current needs but what about future? And you think India will remain at 2 trillion $ economy? Lol when did you guys achieved 7% growth rate?
It includes energy programs for future too.
Also before 2008 our growth rate touched 6.5-7%. But energy shortage and terrorism slowed it down. Now with both problems solved with Cpec and zarb e azb, we will easily achieve more than that.
And india will also develop but Pakistan pace will be more in near future due to our strategic position and location.

It includes energy programs for future too.
Also before 2008 our growth rate touched 6.5-7%. But energy shortage and terrorism slowed it down. Now with both problems solved with Cpec and zarb e azb, we will easily achieve more than that.
And india will also develop but Pakistan pace will be more in near future due to our strategic position and location.

You mean 10400mw enough for future needs? Dude am Electrical engineer and I deal with Solar plants.

LAHORE: Pakistan’s economy has to grow at a higher pace to come at par with its neighbouring China and India, economists said.

The economists said China with the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than $10.3 trillion and India with $2.02 trillion of GDP size are much ahead of Pakistan’s $260 billion economy.

“The size of Chinese economy is so large that it added $900 billion in its GDP last year when even its growth rate slowed down,” said senior economist Naveed Anwar Khan.

Khan said this was higher than an addition of $840 billion in the Chinese Gross Domestic Product in 2010 when its economy grew more than 10 percent.

Considering Pakistan’s GDP, China is adding more than three times the total Gross Domestic Product of the former every year.

Pakistan added only $92 billion in its Gross Domestic Product in last 15 years compared with $1.5 trillion added by India during the same period.

In 2000, Indian GDP was a little over three times the GDP of Pakistan and now it is eight times larger.

“If we continue to grow at lower rate than India and China this gap in national wealth will continue to enlarge,” he warned.

“Slow growth rate fuelled poverty in Pakistan,” he said.

A World Bank’s report said GDP growth rate in Pakistan was 6.2 percent in 2006, 4.8pc in 2007, 1.7pc in 2008, 2.8pc in 2009, 1.6pc in 2010, 2.7pc in 2011, 3.5pc in 2012, 4.2pc in 2013 and 4.24pc in 2014.

Growth rates in China were in the range of 7.7 and 14 percent during the past decade.

India posted plus seven percent growth rate during this period touching 10 percent once and over nine percent thrice.

Its growth dipped to 3.9 percent after 2008 global economic crisis but it recovered quickly after that shock.

Economist Faisal Qamar said bad governance is the main reason behind pathetic growth rates.

“Pakistan was well ahead of India in per capita GDP. Today, India’s per capita GDP is 20 percent higher than Pakistan,” he said.

“Every government is responsible for this.”

Qamar said institutions and regulators have been strengthened both in India and China.

“In India, they operate according to their given mandate and do not allow state intrusion in their autonomy.”

Heads of the regulatory institutions in Pakistan have been provided tenure protection by the constitution. However, the heads are removed with impunity one way or the other.

Qamar said eformer governor Shahid Kardar at the State Bank of Pakistan resigned when he was forced by the government to print currency notes to finance the government deficit.

He said the next governor faced the same fate during the present government.

He said chiefs of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority and National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) were removed and reinstated later by the courts, but finally they had to go as they could not resist the government pressure that was not exerted on them but on their dear ones.

Likewise, Qamar said chairman of National Database and Registration Authority, after having been reinstated by the courts, had to resign and leave the country.

“You cannot make mockery of your regulatory institutions and still hope for accelerated growth,” he said.

“A regulator loses control over their subjects if its orders are overruled by the rulers.” He said when National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) reduces power tariff the government jacks up taxes to nullify the impact of the cut for consumers.

Similarly, he added that when Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority recommends a cut or hike in prices of petroleum products the government comes up with its own arbitrary decision. “If the whims are supreme there is no need for regulators,” Qamar concluded.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/70067-pakistan-needs-high-growth-rate-to-meet-china-india

Enough strategic position. If you think like that, you should be a developed country by now.

So what magic you think Nigeria pulled of

GDP in 2009 170 Billion $
GDP in 2013 520 Billion $

So in 4 years more than TRIPLE GDP
High stupidity... Are u nigeria? Do you know the resources of nigeria? And what is Ur gdp from 2015 2016

You mean 10400mw enough for future needs? Dude am Electrical engineer and I deal with Solar plants.

LAHORE: Pakistan’s economy has to grow at a higher pace to come at par with its neighbouring China and India, economists said.

The economists said China with the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than $10.3 trillion and India with $2.02 trillion of GDP size are much ahead of Pakistan’s $260 billion economy.

“The size of Chinese economy is so large that it added $900 billion in its GDP last year when even its growth rate slowed down,” said senior economist Naveed Anwar Khan..

Sir, I am confused by reading your post.

1) If you deal with Solar panels, what does that has to do with Pakistan's economy or India's economy?

2) Why would Pakistan needs to grow at the same pace as India and China? Many emotional people on here don't get that. Pakistan is 4 times smaller than India and 5 times smaller in population compared to India. With China, its much worst as a comparison. So economically, a lesser GDP due to size and population (but growing) will help Pakistan more than a 6-7% growth India or China would see. Why? because Pakistan has 5 times less population to feed.

3) Basic rules of household economics, which family takes more? a family of ten needing foods, clothes, a bigger house, more money for education? Or a family of three that can easily and comfortably live in a nicer smaller home, get the education for much cheaper, and eat much less and wear much less than a family of ten people? Obviously, the answer is a family of 3.

So based on that simple principle alone, it would take far less to turn Pakistan towards a UAE or Korean model and bring a financial change across it population, vs. what it would take for China and India. Did you know that you can continue to grow for the next 20 years at 7%, and still there will be 400 million people left in India living below the poverty line?

I've been trying to figure out where the "700,000 direct jobs" figure comes from. All I've found so far is that it references a Deloitte report, which in turn lists "Pakistan Times" - no date or article title - as the source for this figure.

Sir, I am confused by reapg your post.

1) If you deal with Solar panels, what does that has to do with Pakistan's economy or India's economy?

2) Why would Pakistan needs to grow at the same pace as India and China? Many emotional people on here don't get that. Pakistan is 4 times smaller than India and 5 times smaller in population compared to India. With China, its much worst as a comparison. So economically, a lesser GDP due to size and population (but growing) will help Pakistan more than a 6-7% growth India or China would see. Why? because Pakistan has 5 times less population to feed.

3) Basic rules of household economics, which family takes more? a family of ten needing foods, clothes, a bigger house, more money for education? Or a family of three that can easily and comfortably live in a nicer smaller home, get the education for much cheaper, and eat much less and wear much less than a family of ten people? Obviously, the answer is a family of 3.

So based on that simple principle alone, it would take far less to turn Pakistan towards a UAE or Korean model and bring a financial change across it population, vs. what it would take for China and India. Did you know that you can continue to grow for the next 20 years at 7%, and still there will be 400 million people left in India living below the poverty line?

Well am aware of energy problems, you are arguing like the current power projects are enough for future needs. You claimed some 7++ % economic growth before 2008. Which is wrong, you need to do ground work to attract investments.. I don't notice any constructive steps or policies taken. You don't have basic knowledge on economy but you are just doing blind points.

Well am aware of energy problems, you are arguing like the current power projects are enough for future needs. You claimed some 7++ % economic growth before 2008. Which is wrong, you need to do ground work to attract investments.. I don't notice any constructive steps or policies taken. You don't have basic knowledge on economy but you are just doing blind points.

1) Can you provide me with a list of the energy projects that you are aware of and when are they supposed to complete? Let's see what and how much you know before wasting anymore of my time. I would love to see a list. I can assure you, you won't be able to produce one, or the one you'll produce from googling, it would be half or so.

2) I never claimed 7+ growth for anyone before 2008. Would you mind showing me where I made that claim? If that was a mistake on my end, I'll go back and update the post to address that.

3) I don't have the basic knowledge of the economy. Nice. How many billion plus global programs have you run? Any experience in M&A's across the globe, shaping policies related to economic planning, etc? Please share your experience with us so I can understand how to give you proper credentials in the next post. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom