What's new

CPEC a game changer ?

I consider you a troll and frankly not interested in any comments from you. Please don't bother!

You being a foreigner raising questions about the project which me being a Pakistan consider vital for the well being of my nation, so naturally, this will warrant a reply. I do consider you as troll but that wont stop me replying to you as this is forum which is read by many, and at the end of the day, its all about narrative and perception. What Pakistani narrative is must be understood and grasped by all including its adversaries, it help negate the propaganda against Pakistan and its interests.

@A-Team

CPEC is a promising project for Pakistan, if handled wisely. CPEC is expected to create new jobs, bolster revenue generation, improve infrastructure, and address a few other things in Pakistan.

However, we are not sure what are the terms of arrangement between China and Pakistan regarding settlement of loans.

CPEC won't make significant difference overnight. Its benefits will become apparent in the long-term (mostly after settlement of loans).

@A-Team

There is also an 18% interest to be paid back starting next year and remember this corridor connects to Western China not the manufacturing hubs of Eastern China.

All the terms to China are extra ordinarily lenient, no transit fee on anything, tax free zones, special security etc. which will be paid for by the Pakistani tax payer.

Having said that there was no other alternative. Pakistani leadership has somehow managed to alienate every other country with interests in the neighborhood including Afghanistan.

The power, roads, ports will be beneficial so will experience gained by Pakistani talent IF they are employed in Chinese ventures. Hopefully the benefits are greater than the costs incurred in interest payments and support functions like extra security. It is definitely better than doing nothing.

Benefits to Afghanistan would be possible future export of your minerals to China overland. Connectivity is always good.

Ok I have been reading about CPEC and its impact on Pakistan and the region. Now can someone please correct me if I am wrong, from a nutshell it looks like a well oiled transit route which China will use to egress and ingress its products easily to the outside world and Pakistan.

Some quick questions.

- What does Pakistan gain from it apart from transit fees ?

- Is the term "game changer" being used without being backed by concrete facts and figures ?

- What is the main Pakistani export to China that is currently not being undertaken using the current road networks

/Peace

http://www.dawn.com/news/1236949

It's not the route but the massive energy, industrial and infrastructure projects that are ALREADY happening along the route which are providing jobs, opportunities and many world class facilities to our people. This we hope will have a domino affect across Pakistan. Already there are massive changes happening all over Pakistan that we're thought of as impossible just 2 years ago. CPEC will help boost Pakistan's economy, fulfil our energy needs and massively boost our manufacturing, technological and industrial capability. It will also give us an opportunity to ultimately make Pakistan a developed nation whereby ALL Pakistanis enjoy a high standard of living.

@A-Team

CPEC is a promising project for Pakistan, if handled wisely. CPEC is expected to create new jobs, bolster revenue generation, improve infrastructure, and address a few other things in Pakistan.

However, we are not sure what are the terms of arrangement between China and Pakistan regarding settlement of loans.

CPEC won't make significant difference overnight. Its benefits will become apparent in the long-term (mostly after settlement of loans).

Yeah it was this kind feedback that I was looking but as you can imagine one of the troll had this emotional need to turn into an anti-afghan argument :P

Anyways hope CPEC will bear fruits and change our region for the better

/Peace

game changer for what? Pakistan economy..? Then indeed yes.. Under cpec Govt is implementing its plan to end power shortage by the end of 2017... Which alone will add 2% in GDP growth.. Also under cpec we are upgrading road and rail network, fiber optic, etc... For future we are palning economic zones all along cpec route where local manufacturing will take place.. This is all alone from china.. While we will do bussiness with east asia, africa to europe, from central asia to America, sure they will invest as well.. as law and order improving situation is bound to happen well for Pakistan..

Thats why milky white shupa powa bharat is so butthurt over it.. Thats why they come here with thier ussual rants of Pakistan sold itslef to china, Pakistan will fall bcoz of this, ( dont worry thier coward kind claiming this for 70 years).. Few days ago they even said Pakistan will fall in 15 days :D the worst thier kind do is compare gwadar with chahbahar, while in parallel world Pakistan is building road network to connect chahbahar with gwadar.. :D

Last edited:
@A-Team

There is also an 18% interest to be paid back starting next year and remember this corridor connects to Western China not the manufacturing hubs of Eastern China.

All the terms to China are extra ordinarily lenient, no transit fee on anything, tax free zones, special security etc. which will be paid for by the Pakistani tax payer.

Having said that there was no other alternative. Pakistani leadership has somehow managed to alienate every other country with interests in the neighborhood including Afghanistan.

The power, roads, ports will be beneficial so will experience gained by Pakistani talent IF they are employed in Chinese ventures. Hopefully the benefits are greater than the costs incurred in interest payments and support functions like extra security. It is definitely better than doing nothing.

Benefits to Afghanistan would be possible future export of your minerals to China overland. Connectivity is always good.

That is a pretty high interest but I understand they are still negotiating these terms.

Afghanistan will benefit from it and so is the region, excellent backbone connectivity within the region is a win-win

That is a pretty high interest but I understand they are still negotiating these terms.

Afghanistan will benefit from it and so is the region, excellent backbone connectivity within the region is a win-win

advice no 1 from my side.. Never believe yindoo when they are talking about Pakistan.. Ask him for source..

all energy projects are on build operate and transfer terms..

www.dawn.com/news/1178896

advice no 1 from my side.. Never believe yindoo when they are talking about Pakistan.. Ask him for source..

Never take anything an indian says about Pakistan or anything else for that matter seriously. They are extremely biased and very racist. On top of that they are a very corrupt, dishonest and prone to lying on a massive scale. More so than non-indians. Pre May-1998, leading indians were saying that Pakistan could never ever become a nuclear weapons state with or without Chinese assistance. That it was impossible for us to do so. They went to great lengths to try to prove this and wrote countless articles in leading western and Russian media outlets. We all know what happened to that Indian fantasy and delusion. Just as then, so is now. There is a pertinent reason why Chinese brothers & sisters helped Pakistan becomes a nuclear weapons state. It is the same reason why they are now going to help us become economically, technologically and scientifically very advanced in the coming years/decades. This will happened no matter what our enemies think or say. Our destiny is precious and something no indian or any other enemy can ever understand.

Last edited:
Never take anything an indian says about Pakistan or anything else for that matter seriously. They are extremely biased and very racist. On top of that they are a very corrupt, dishonest and prone to lying on a massive scale. More so than non-indians.

Quoted for posterity as a living example of a Pakistani being non racist and unbiased! :enjoy:

I remember just a couple of days back, I saw an interview in some Pakistani news channel. One of the guest asked why are we gloating so much about CPEC? Firstly, we would be under so much loan, that whatever little we will gain, will be used up in paying interests.

Secondly, CPEC is essentially a trade route, just like Panama Canal or Suez Canal. Did it make Panama or Egypt an economic giant??

Answer is a big NO...

Sensing a lot of insecurity in the neighborhood wrt CPEC, makes the heart go fond.

A guy just got a bicycle on rent from a shop and thinking that his neighbor (who owns a Ferrari) must be jealous of him! :p:

Back
Top Bottom