What's new

Covid vaccine: UK supply hit by India delivery delay

There is no stuck labour in the UK. Staff were reskilled and work in different roles. There is no high level of unemployment.

Labour laws in the UK are not any stricter than anywhere else in the EU, get Germany maintains a large manufacturing base.

The UK was a victim of the militant politicisation of unions and the Hardcore policies of Thatcher.
People usually don't realize that everything in economics takes time. Things like being re-skilled are not as easy as one imagines, especially for older folks who usually have more life's burdens on their backs, such as raising children and paying up house mortgages. They are often those who got stuck. That is why when an industry that used to provide many jobs in a town leaves, it leaves a big scar in the community to heal for a long time.

People often pay more attention to other vibrant industries than the suffering of those old ones, which are predominately manufacturing and mining industries. It is one of the reasons why Trump has a lot of supports from those interior town folks in US and why the elites on the both coasts don't understand.

The reasons behind those disfranchised labors cannot be simply explained by laws and regulations. Even with laws and regulations, without engaging in details, you would have no idea how much impact they could occur. That is why people often talk about "unintended consequences". It is the impact on the business sentiments that is mostly relevant. When a business relocates overseas, an investigation into the decision making would reveal more about those laws and regulations than their appearances.

Your assertion on how UK was victimized is probably on the spot. With Thatcher's hardcore policies, capitals leave easily. With militant politicization of unions, labors remain behind.

Nepal and Bangladesh have little chance if even the UK struggles to see a simple contract through in a timely fashion with this chit-stamping family-run corner shop cooperative running the Indian vaccine cabal. I've seen pictures of SII technicians failing to even wear disposable gloves while prepping their products. The Amateuristan national circus is back in town folks.
Wait in line instead of crying like this, starting from day one you were pissed off at SII, jealousy has no limits. It's not your business to complain about who runs the firm, what matters is if they can produce what's necessary, and being the largest vaccine maker in the world, they are well equipped for it. And exporting those vaccines around the world.

The UK government sent teams to evaluate the safety in SII, now rando Mirza from Pakistan must be the reliable one instead of those government agencies whose job is to evaluate safety.

On behalf of all Indians our condolences to all those suffering Pak diaspora for the immense butthurt and psychological trauma this has caused

With your suffering and mental trauma taken into account made in India, burnols and will be supplied with vaccine shots free of cost

Last edited:
Wait in line instead of crying like this, starting from day one you were pissed off at SII, jealousy has no limits. It's not your business to complain about who runs the firm, what matters is if they can produce what's necessary, and being the largest vaccine maker in the world, they are well equipped for it. And exporting those vaccines around the world.

The UK government sent teams to evaluate the safety in SII, now rando Mirza from Pakistan must be the reliable one instead of those government agencies whose job is to evaluate safety.
That's hilarious! My accusations of corner shop standard efficiency are interpreted as "jealousy". Every time you cock up the lockdown, the vaccines (4 WEEK DELAY) or anything and I highlight it, I'm just jealous...yes, that explains it.

Please keep throwing your toys out the pram. We love it.
They're still manufactured in India bimbo...doesn't matter what crappy program you get em from

and it is your pathetic lot who travel from pakistan to India for medical tourism...you don't see that happening the other way around. Regarding pharm trade

As of 2018, our exports are around $15bn while imports are $3.5bn while your exports are $208mn and imports are $1bn.

View attachment 725919

View attachment 725918

The following countries posted the highest positive net exports for drugs and medicines during 2018. Investopedia defines net exports as the value of a country’s total exports minus the value of its total imports. Thus, the statistics below present the surplus between the value of each country’s drugs and medicine exports and its import purchases for that same commodity.

1. Germany: US$33.2 billion (net export surplus up 31.9% since 2014)
  2. Switzerland: $25.7 billion (up 29.8%)
  3. Ireland: $12.2 billion (down -23.9%)
  4. India: $12 billion (up 22.4%)
  5. France: $10.3 billion (up 26.8%)
  6. Denmark: $9.5 billion (up 8198.2%)
  7. Belgium: $7.3 billion (up 2.8%)
  8. Netherlands: $6.6 billion (up 32.3%)
  9. Sweden: $3.9 billion (up 17.2%)
  10. Israel: $3.7 billion (down -19.2%)
  11. Singapore: $3.6 billion (down -17.2%)
  12. Italy: $3.3 billion (down -50.9%)
  13. Slovenia: $1.73 billion (down -10.9%)
  14. Austria: $1.65 billion (down -21.9%)
  15. Hungary: $572.4 million (down -37.6%)
https://pharmakonasia.com/post/drugs-and-medicine-exports-by-country-pharma-exports-data

Also, it looks like you've got serious comprehension issues. Where'd I say India is giving you something!! If it were upto India, we'd let you rot

All I said was your pathetic lot are getting an Indian manufactured vaccine and ofcourse it's an internationally sponsored program since that's the only way you could afford it
My only response to you was that India also imports Pakistani pharmaceutical products, so no need to tare your hair out so fully.

It's astonishing how people across the world have still not realised that covid19 is but a hoax. Covid hasn't killed anyone so far but vaccine will kill masses.

That's hilarious! My accusations of corner shop standard efficiency are interpreted as "jealousy". Every time you cock up the lockdown, the vaccines (4 WEEK DELAY) or anything and I highlight it, I'm just jealous...yes, that explains it.

Just jumps from one branch to the other when one fails. :lol:
What lockdown? We are talking about SII, not lockdown. You definitely is jealous, that's why you are just whining about a non-issue.

On behalf of all Indians our condolences to all those suffering Pak diaspora for the immense butthurt and psychological trauma this has caused

With your suffering and mental trauma taken into account made in India, burnols and will be supplied with vaccine shots free of cost

Dehati aurat ka r@ndi rona at display :lol:

My only response to you was that India also imports Pakistani pharmaceutical products, so no need to tare your hair out so fully.

https://tribune.com.pk/article/8856...akistans-dependence-on-indian-pharmaceuticals

Just jumps from one branch to the other when one fails. :lol:
What lockdown? We are talking about SII, not lockdown. You definitely is jealous, that's why you are just whining about a non-issue.
It's simply another example of your inability to take structured criticism - same pattern was observed during the lockdown deaths scandal.

I don't blame you personally, it's a cultural phenomenon stemming from ancient croneyist practices. This is what happens when shareholders are chacha and mum-in-law - instead of mature reaction to failure and self reflection with a bit of kaizen needed to satisfy genuine stakeholders, Indians keep it within the family, like some sleazy coverup, and instead of self improvement, will simply whine incessantly, blame the person offering criticism, and throw their toys out of the pram until the narrative is forcibly altered.

We know you guys well.
Scroll up. I already responded to your on-call buffoon regarding India also importing Pakistani medical products. This is nothing unusual, and if this is your only response to the accusations of incompetence with vaccine contracts discussed in this thread, then you're in bigger trouble than you realise. But hey, carry on.

Your next fall-back will be 1971 no doubt.

Last edited:
It's simply another example of your inability to take structured criticism - same pattern was observed during the lockdown deaths scandal.
Even you don't know what it is. Lol @ constructive criticism. You're simply clutching at straws when you can't find dirt on SII. Add to the inherent bias and constant whining about vaccines produced in India reading from your history. And your criticism is anything but constructive.

I don't blame you personally, it's a cultural phenomenon stemming from ancient croneyist practices. This is what happens when shareholders are chacha and mum-in-law - instead of mature reaction to failure and self reflection with a bit of kaizen needed to satisfy genuine stakeholders, Indians keep it within the family, like some sleazy coverup, and instead of self improvement, will simply whine incessantly, blame the person offering criticism, and throw their toys out of the pram until the narrative is forcibly altered.
Your own Astrazeneca didn't provide enough vaccines to Europe, what kind of genetic defect caused the shareholders of AstraZeneca in failing to supply promised vaccines? Figure that out yet?

Even you don't know what it is. Lol @ constructive criticism. You're simply clutching at straws when you can't find dirt on SII. Add to the inherent bias and constant whining about vaccines produced in India reading from your history. And your criticism is anything but constructive.

Your own Astrazeneca didn't provide enough vaccines to Europe, what kind of genetic defect caused the shareholders of AstraZeneca in failing to supply promised vaccines? Figure that out yet?
Scroll up. I criticised croneyism as an inhibitor of efficiency and effectiveness in UK also, just as it is a problem in Pakistan and India and anywhere else, to varying degrees naturally.

Why are you taking constructive criticism so personally? What kind of idiot is so offended by a simple fact-based criticism of a four week delay in fulfilling the terms of the single most important contract of the decade for this company?

Dozens of firms around the world cock up every day and learn from those mistakes. Why are your species so wrapped in cotton wool that this normal process of self reflection and improvement eludes you? Five of you fkwits are squatting here slinging mud instead of simply owning your mistake. Whadda comedy of a nation.

I'm honoured that so many of you are taking time out of your busy schedules for me today.

Scroll up. I criticised cronyism as an inhibitor of efficiency and effectiveness in UK also, just as it is a problem in Pakistan and India and anywhere else, to varying degrees naturally.
Cronyism of who? SII is not paying the Indian government or have some under the table deal.

Why are you taking constructive criticism so personally? What kind of idiot is so offended by a simple fact-based criticism of a four week delay in fulfilling the terms of the single most important contract of the decade for this company?

Dozens of firms around the world cock up every day and learn from those mistakes. Why are your species so wrapped in cotton wool that this normal process of self reflection and improvement eludes you? Five of you fkwits are squatting here slinging mud instead of simply owning your mistake. Whadda comedy of a nation.

I'm honoured that so many of you are taking time out of your busy schedules for me today.
Because your criticism missed the mark by a mile. And you have been consistent in your criticism of one particular country/company. And your government is yet to provide the contract it signed showing the time frame it was supposed to deliver the vaccine. Please tell me, where did SII promised vaccines to UK in two weeks?

You are taking so much time trying to convince me your criticism is constructive, when it was time and time again proven it's BS.

Read the timeline in your own thread, you said, SII has poor QC, which even the UK govt who audited the facility didn't find.

These Brits are whining because they have nothing in writing that says SII should deliver by this time, if there was they wouldn't spend time whining but file a case for breaching a contract.

ohhhh...bad india, bad india, white master not happy with slave vaccine maker. :lol:

joking aside, seriously indians...y' all had one job, just one job...to just simply make copies of that vaccine and you even managed to fck that up!!! :hitwall: its like...being allowed to cheat and still fail!!! :P

Cronyism of who? SII is not paying the Indian government or have some under the table deal.

Because your criticism missed the mark by a mile. And you have been consistent in your criticism of one particular country/company. And your government is yet to provide the contract it signed showing the time frame it was supposed to deliver the vaccine. Please tell me, where did SII promised vaccines to UK in two weeks?

You are taking so much time trying to convince me your criticism is constructive, when it was time and time again proven it's BS.

Read the timeline in your own thread, you said, SII has poor QC, which even the UK govt who audited the facility didn't find.

These Brits are whining because they have nothing in writing that says SII should deliver by this time, if there was they wouldn't spend time whining but file a case for breaching a contract.
"spokesperson for the Serum Institute said: “Five million doses had been delivered a few weeks ago to the UK and we will try to supply more later, based on the current situation and the requirement for the government immunisation programme in India.”"

Your family run business has admitted itself that they can't rectify the delay in 1.4 MILLION DOSES being delivered to UK if the goi needs the shots in India.

Classic case of "promise now, fail to deliver later".

You're right. This isn't simply poor QC. This is total failure to deliver on a commitment.

Back
Top Bottom