What's new

Country Flags

LOL!!! What political move? Do you think webby is friend of Bandar-bin-Sultan :p:

i donno dude! ask him not me :p:

still i hope they can fix it !

off-topic : how are things going in great :yay:punjab ?

Is this nessesary to choose country flags?I mean what if... someone doesn't want to show his/her location?
-regards

Good for you and discussions(people wont be having some pre conceived perception about someone based on nationality) but not for forum's health. Flags shows the diversity of forum to visitors(read potential members) thereby helping it grow.

Is this nessesary to choose country flags?I mean what if... someone doesn't want to show his/her location?
-regards
Often people attack the flags,not the contents. In my view,without the flags, discussions might go more rational.

I live in Pakistan and my original country is Pakistan I just got the message to check my country flag thing but I can't find the option in my personal settings @Aeronaut @WebMaster

Please change your country and location flags to right location or action could be taken against your account. Real flags are important for discussions and credibility.

Some of you have recently changed your flags to Norfolk Island, Palestine and North Korea, please change it to correct location immediately or warning/infractions may follow due to violation of forum rules.
Please tell How to do it although I have named it correctly my location didn't changed but still please tell me how to change it

Please tell How to do it although I have named it correctly my location didn't changed but still please tell me how to change it
I see your flags are showing correctly but yes I am not able to find the right location at this myself --- I think webby has changed some settings again. But since your flags are showing correct location, you shouldn't be bothered

@WebMaster

Where are the flag options disappeared? --- also we have another thread created by you so I think we either merge or close this thread?

-regards

From my short time here, I would say that the mandatory use of flags is important for this particular site. Yes, they open a poster up to ad hominem attacks based on generally unrelated topics, or attacks on their country. But the members who resort to such tactics will not stop just because there are no flags. Instead it would be a guessing game or witch hunt, with "What country are you from?" being the new off-topic distraction.

Right or wrong, the way we perceive and respond to a post is influenced by the stated nationality. When used correctly, it gives perspective of the poster's ideas and viewpoints to the reader, allowing a more informed response.

For example, if I came across a genuine post that stated "America is not a reliable defense partner in the long term", I would give a much different reply if the poster was from Pakistan, or if they were from South Korea.

For me, the appeal of PDF is exactly what the flags represent: An opportunity to directly interact with people who have a completely different understanding of the world than I do, and conversely who normally would not have an opportunity to see the thoughts of someone who grew up in the circumstances that I did.

Cheers :wave:

oops, didn't know the admins here had a notice out for this. I would change them but can't find an option to do so.

for the record.. India/Indian here but I put a Russian one as well because... I support them etc, go Vlad ! :china:

:D

I met a canadian who was not sure about his origin. His parents went to Zambia before partition of India. He was born in africa and later moved to canada. I wonder what flags he might hold here?
The flag of origin is complicated, by this logic many of pakistanis are of indian origin and many indians may be of pakistani origin.

@moderator:
please change my flags from india-uae to india-india.
i m back in india.:-)

thanx in advance.

I met a canadian who was not sure about his origin. His parents went to Zambia before partition of India. He was born in africa and later moved to canada. I wonder what flags he might hold here?
The flag of origin is complicated, by this logic many of pakistanis are of indian origin and many indians may be of pakistani origin.

you think that is bad?

My mother was a vietnamese-australian national of Chinese origin and my dad is a mexican-american and i was born in the US and i lived in Hong Kong China most of my life and later married to a swede, and now i am living in Australia, now please tell me which origin flag i should put?? loo

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom