What's new

Countries Ranked by Military Strength (2016)

I think India and France have too much interest to destroy each others tomorrow..... France isn't going to war against anyone,but if one day India goes mad and attack France :
1st : You don't have the capabilities of sending an expeditionary army.
2nd : War against France,means war against NATO,means war against US,UK etc.
3rd : M51............. ASMP/A.....
-
BTW,you'll realize soon that you don't win a war (like in the past) with tons of soldiers,you'll realize that to equip well your army,you'll have to reduce your size (As the Chinese are currently doing and will continue to do.),a war,or at least quick battles are won by smaller highly mobile,well trained and modern forces....

It depends on where the battle would be fought - if it is IOR for navy or Mainland India then I would say India has an edge however elsewhere France would destroy India. To be honest except for US, rest are regional powers. As for NATO - there is a limit to how far it would get involved in individual conflicts.

Because it is a wishlist.

US would remain numero uno for this century atleast barring thermo nuclear destruction of the complete civilization.

Most people fail to realize the gap b/w US and the rest of the world and the cold blooded hyper pragmatic determination of US to keep it that way.

84 years is a long time, britain ruled most of the world, yet fell near bankruptcy unable to support its own weight in just 30 years ,USSR broke down in 40 via cold war .84 years is a long time, current estimates state china will overtake USA in 2040. naturally so will its militray in xx+ years after.

I think India and France have too much interest to destroy each others tomorrow..... France isn't going to war against anyone,but if one day India goes mad and attack France :
-
BTW,you'll realize soon that you don't win a war (like in the past) with tons of soldiers,you'll realize that to equip well your army,you'll have to reduce your size (As the Chinese are currently doing and will continue to do.),a war,or at least quick battles are won by smaller highly mobile,well trained and modern forces....
I was reading somewhere that we can deploy 2 brigades (comprising around 5k-10k soldiers) using INS Jalashwa,5 smaller 5600 tonnage LST-L and other smaller vessels
RFP issued for India navy amphibious vessels (LHD or LPD type) | Page 20 | Indian Defence Forum

Wish we had bought the Mistrals but we dont need it now :(

As far as attacking france is concerned...nah,its too beautiful for that :p:

india's population is more than 160 times that of israel yet the israelis are technologically, scientifically and militarily decades more advanced than india. That is why india buys military technology from israel and not the other way round. The reality is therefore that india is not really ahead of israel militarily.

Dude , a fair advice .Dont try to debate with someone in PDF if you dont have enough knowledge about a subject .
Israel is a hench men of US in ME .All of their tech is direct or indirect result of US support to them .
AFAIK still US gives 100+ billion$ aid to Israel.Again developing weapons is must for the existence of Israel in that hostile neighbourhood .We dont have that kind of threat and developing weapons is not our preference but developing a mighty economy is our preference .And now we have the fastest growing economy and began to invest in developing sphisticated weapons .Within 2 decades successful results will begin to show Infact that is already started after near FoC procedure of LCA .

If we invest huge amounts in arms then we can easily develop most modern lethal weapons .But we need to invest in world largest social welfare programs ,Education etc And we dont have any big brother to give us 100 billion+ US $ yearly basis or 869million $ in some others case .
We are on our own.

That's actually embarrassing from an indian POV. india is a nation that itself is at least 7 times bigger than Pakistan population wise. india has always had access to the world's most advanced weapons and the backing of the world's most powerfulest nations. Whether it happened in 1971, 1981, 1991, 2001 or 2011, bangladesh's seperation from Pakistan was always enevitable as bangladesh was 1000s of kms away from Pakistan and has nothing in common with us. In 1971 the bengalis got their opportunity. Now bangladesh and india combined means that Pakistan was fighting an enemy 10 times it's size. Impossible odds that no nation can overcome. Yet Pakistan survived and is still here. 1971 is nearly 50 years ago and things have drastically changed since then. The reality is that the indian military high command are aware of this that is why they didn't attack Pakistan after 2001 parliament attacks and mumbai attacks in 2008.

This comment of yours easily negate you points raised in your next post .
Israel is a tiny country yet they were successful in defeating entire Arabs .Why ?
Pakistan had support of most of the nation at that time but still you couldnt and nukes was not in the picture at that time .So that means it was your incompetence and

In 1971 you had West and China on our side and we had only USSR .
India and her foreign policy is not Pak centric .

-
It shows that rankings of inividual countries don't matter. It should rather be shown as blocks of millitary & individual countries (which don't have allies).

But whats your take on France and India war with no interference? Because this thread is about individual firepower right?

@Vauban
I am coming to invade France.. :wave: :p:
Will take French Wine :cheers: and French Women :smitten:.. Thats all.. :pleasantry:

Without the women and the wine - there would be no more France, French Men and the food leave much to be desired. Though I wouldn't mind raiding the Louvre if given a free run.

Dude , a fair advice .Dont try to debate with someone in PDF if you dont have enough knowledge about a subject .
Israel is a hench men of US in ME .All of their tech is direct or indirect result of US support to them .
AFAIK still US gives 100+ billion$ aid to Israel.Again developing weapons is must for the existence of Israel in that hostile neighbourhood .We dont have that kind of threat and developing weapons is not our preference but developing a mighty economy is our preference .And now we have the fastest growing economy and began to invest in developing sphisticated weapons .Within 2 decades successful results will begin to show Infact that is already started after near FoC procedure of LCA .

If we invest huge amounts in arms then we can easily develop most modern lethal weapons .But we need to invest in world largest social welfare programs ,Education etc And we dont have any big brother to give us 100 billion+ US $ yearly basis or 869million $ in some others case .
We are on our own.

This comment of yours easily negate you points raised in your next post .
Israel is a tiny country yet they were successful in defeating entire Arabs .Why ?
Pakistan had support of most of the nation at that time but still you couldnt and nukes was not in the picture at that time .So that means it was your incompetence and

In 1971 you had West and China on our side and we had only USSR .
India and her foreign policy is not Pak centric .

The west was not on our side. They refused to supply Pakistan with spare parts for their american tanks and fighter jets let alone supply us with more advanced weaponary in our time of need. Unfortunately for Pakistan, the americans are people we are compelled to do business with. Nothing more.

By the way, india is not on it's own. You guys both have the full backing and support of the western world and Russia. They are willing to give you the most advanced weaponary available.

The west was not on our side. They refused to supply Pakistan with spare parts for their american tanks and fighter jets let alone supply us with more advanced weaponary in our time of need. Unfortunately for Pakistan, the americans are people we are compelled to do business with. Nothing more.

During 1971 US 7th fleet was in Bay of Bengal and UK fleet in Arabian sea and it was USSR involvment that repel them.You need to recheck your knowledge in history and current affairs

But whats your take on France and India war with no interference? Because this thread is about individual firepower right?

I cannot say something about that because as I said,India and France have too much interests to destroy each others. France considers India as a friendly nation and great partner..... talking about a war between France and India is like talking about a war between Canada and USA or China and Pakistan.

@PARIKRAMA @SrNair @45'22'
-
If any day,there's a war and that there's no NATO,there are a lot of factors which need to be determined. (When,where,why,how...equipment,training etc.)

During 1971 US 7th fleet was in Bay of Bengal and UK fleet in Arabian sea and it was USSR involvment that repel them.You need to recheck your knowledge in history and current affairs

They may have been, but they WOULD NEVER EVER intervene on behalf of Pakistan.

I cannot say something about that because as I said,India and France have too much interests to destroy each others. France considers India as a friendly nation and great partner..... talking about a war between France and India is like talking about a war between Canada and USA or China and Pakistan.

@PARIKRAMA @SrNair @45'22'
-
If any day,there's a war and that there's no NATO,there are a lot of factors which need to be determined. (When,where,why,how...equipment,training etc.)

France is a close friend of India and you wont even think about an attack against a friend that supported us during tough times .If there is a clash of interest both of them will just stay neutral .Thats all.
France is still powerful than India not because of the size but you have an accomplished MIC Dassault, Thales etc , a mighty diplomacy ,NATO support etc .
You have considerable influence than India in international matters .
We need a long way to go to compete EU

They may have been, but they WOULD NEVER EVER intervene on behalf of Pakistan.

USSR also wouldnt intervene on the behalf of India.
US hided your cruelties in BD like blood diagram to change international opinion .Those are enough support

I think the Britain and France can defeat India force without much issues. India is known to have a lot of weapons systems and ammunition, but these are fixed numbers. It will run out eventually. Though, a prolong war, India will likely have an advantage. I like to think of in this scenrio. If Britain/France doesn't defeat India in one year, then they are likely to lose. Germany is also a country with a lot of potential if they want to revive Reich. If they do, they could easily been #4 behind USA/China/Russia. Japan could have a tie with Britain. So in a real war match-up or called it potential real strength if you will. I would rank.
Is this a joke? No one aside from the US could even contemplate a conventional victory over India on its own soil. Between France and the UK they have exactly 1 aircraft carrier, this is going to defeat the entire navy and air force of India??

Utter nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom