What's new

Countries Ranked by Military Strength (2016)

The irony is that India at 4th place is buying weapons from

5th - UK
6th - France
7th - South Korea
8th - Germany
9th - Japan
11th - Israel
16th - Italy
22nd - Brazil
24th - Sweden
25th - Ukraine
29th - Czech Republic
32nd - South Africa
38th - Spain

What a tragedy...

This is only a conventional forces comparison albeit can be argued a flawed one but still nuclear weapons are not counted in this list by the global firepower.

Good God here we go with the the annual "global firepower thread".

Ironically there are countries in the top twenty who haven't even fought a war in modern times. Have you heard about the boxer who never sparred? Of course you didn't, he didn't get past the first round.......

Last edited:
Good God here we go with the the annual "global firepower thread".

Ironically there are countries in the top twenty who haven't even fought a war in modern times. Have you head about the boxer who never sparred? Of course you didn't, he didn't get past the first round.......

With that reasoning Russia should be placed at the top as they were successful in repelling one of the most organised, efficient fighting machines commanded by some of the most tactically adept general ever witnessed by the modern world.

and yes I'm talking about the Wehrmacht.

I'm not sure about Britain. We have the fifth largest military budget in the world but we don't spend that budget wisely. Saudi Arabia should also be in the top 10.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about Britain. We have the fifth largest military budget in the world but we don't spend that budget wisely. Saudi Arabia should also be in the top 10.
Dude join the club. I highly doubt whether any of these countries are spending wisely!

The very nature of national security lends itself to opacity and corruption.

Surprised that Saudi is only number 28.

The list is wrong:pissed:!!! Sweden above Norway? No, not at all. This will not stand.

Swedes aren't manly enough to war.

0e7.jpg

And even if they were, and that's a big if, it's not like they know how to war anyway:
s44QqRn.png

Norge best. Norge Stronk. Norge #1!

The list is wrong:pissed:!!! Sweden above Norway? No, not at all. This will not stand.

But Sweden is known for its defence products and Pakistan uses some of them too (eg Mushak, Saab Erieye). I can't think of a single product representing Norway in the International defence market from the top of my head.

@A.P. Richelieu ...... :angel:

The top 4 will remain top 4 for considerable future.

Back
Top Bottom