What's new

Coronavirus has exposed the disastrous suicidal leadership of Imran Khan

The guy admittedly was comparing the 21st march situation of pakistan to italy and said that since pakistan was not in a condition like italy, it should not be in a lock down.

after few days in a lock down, i heard him repeat again that he was not in favour of a lock down but some hidden forces had done it.

After two weaks of lockdown, the lockdown was virtually nonexistent, since the sindh govt had went for a leniency, shops, restaurents had opened up and people were seen enjoying breakfast, people were observed thronging imtiaz supermarket meaning the lockdown was half heartedly and poorly implemented.

On 14th April, his ministers and parliamentarians and his sindh governor Imran Ismail were pushing PPP to end lockdown and withdraw their stance, but the ''leader'' disheartedly agree for a second lockdown after the meeting.

the lockdown was ended on may 1st and markets were ordered to open up, this speed up the pace of coronavirus, the media reported people crowding the markets with no face masks and observing no physical distancing.

Now all the businesses and industries are being ordered to open up even when the country faces a fast spread and multiplication of coronavirus patients which is questionable. The situation has reached critical point.

This poses a very fundamental question of Imran Khan's leadership skills and the management skills of PTI and his political associates. Just yesterday i read that lockdown may not be implemented until medical infrastructure is overwhelmed and it is unable to bear the load. This shows that Imran Khan is creating a disaster in the country and turning a blind eye to it and that coronavirus issue has exposed his disasterous leadership qualities.

regards
Indeed! but imagine what would had been the state of economy and people specially labor, had a full scale lock down been imposed? Initially i was also in favor of complete lock down but than i realized why do i need someone else to tell me what or where my benefit lies specially when it comes to my own health. I realize i dont need anyone. Its common sense. People who are blaming IK government for this are not willing to share their own responsibility either ignorantly or purposely.
For example? Don't quote USA.

As far as western nations are concerned.
People suffer from short term memory and forget the sequence of events that happened in the so called western world.
Did you forget at what stage the government of Italy and Spain took serious steps to lock down the country when they had crossed 10k death toll, their hospitals were overwhelmed.
Should I even mention UK, or how naive and confused their response was?
Germany had the best response in Europe by a margin and in the antibody screen samples in April almost 20% was positive. And in recent studies their actual cases are estimated to be more than 10times their declared numbers.

And even then do you really think it is possible for a country like Pakistan to go into total lockdown, where more than 60% of your population lives on day to day wages? What would happen if you forcefully lock them up you will see protests, unrest and social agitation in midst of a pandemic. Did you know how many mosques adhered to the lockdown SOP? Do you want to post police and rangers outside every mosque? How many people do you see wearing a mask when you go outside? Have you ever tried to listen to the opinion of your local shopkeeper and what is his opinion on corona and lockdown?
So my advice is come down from your high horses and come to terms with the ground reality in terms of our limitations.

The government sop's were very clear, I had no confusion in understanding them. But I didn't see even educated people following them? I have seen jam packed mosques during ramadan.

And the most important of all, we had the best and well thought out economic relief package, in the whole of south Asia.

Last edited:
People suffer from short term memory and forget the sequence of events that happened in the so called western world.
Did you forget at what stage the government of Italy and Spain took serious steps to lock down the country when they had crossed 10k death toll, their hospitals were overwhelmed.
Germany had the best response in Europe by a margin and in the antibody screen samples in April almost 20% was positive. And in recent studies their actual cases are estimated to be more than 10times their declared numbers.

And even then do you really think it is possible for a country like Pakistan to go into total lockdown, where more than 60% of your population lives on day to day wages? What would happen if you forcefully lock them up you will see protests, unrest and social agitation in midst of a pandemic. Did you know how many mosques adhered to the lockdown SOP? Do you want to post police and rangers outside every mosque? How many people do you see wearing a mask when you go outside? Have you ever tried to listen to the opinion of your local shopkeeper and what is his opinion on corona and lockdown?
So my advice is come down from your high horses and come to terms with the ground reality in terms of our limitations.

The government sop's were very clear, I had no confusion in understanding them. But I didn't see even educated people following them? I have seen jam packed mosques during ramadan.

And the most important of all, we had the best and well thought out economic relief package, in the whole of south Asia.
That's all one sides story.
What you have missed, is the support people of West got from their govt. While govt in Pakistan is still busy in bhikari pan.
Now, the thing is, the only options with Pakistan are : wear masks, wash hands, change clothes after returning home. Pakistan doesn't have any other option than building a collective immunity. That's all I can say.

You quoted my post but i didnt understand how was my post any different than what you are stating? In fact i stated the same. People need to accept responsibility. If they dont than they are to be blamed, not the government.

There's no way the virus can be contained now, unless we do a lockdown like China which is not possible at all. We'll have to live with it and take safety precautions, now i do blame some wrong decisions govt has taken but if people aren't gonna take it seriously and not even consider it a thing who's really to blame then? Anyone whos careless deserves what he gets, harsh I know but our people need a reality check and not blame everything on foreign forces or government. Eid shopping seemed more important so there you have it, our awams priorities.

Yes, and hence there were different models that were implemented. UK and sweden took the herd immunity route. Both regretted it later. Though sweden still is following it but i read their chief epidemiologist's report yesterday and he was saying deaths could've had been prevented if he had not taken this route. Lots of places downplayed it initially; for instance italy and spain... later went for strict lockdown and we got similar results. Spike in causalities and later leveling off and decrease in numbers. The countries that actually went for strict lockdown were china, singapore, new zealand etc. and we have the results.

Of course there is no right way to deal with this situation. In any scenario deaths are inevitable and it's the job of professionals to assess the right path to minimize the impact but it's not a pure political situation where a hunch of a PM would be a policy against professional advisory. And that's where i have problem with the approach IK has taken.

PM IK is making decisions based on advise provided to him in this matter. It is not purely an issue of epidemic but also its associated effects most prominent being economical. Then there is a humanitarian angle to this whole issue for third world country like Pakistan. IK took the best decision in worst of circumstances and there was no better alternative. Our Elite and upper middle class might survive a complete lock down but what about lower middle and people living around line of poverty? Those giving suggestions of lock downs can afford it but not the people who live on daily scrapes and barely get to eat once a day. You cant always push your policy by professional advisory bcz economical and humanitarian issues associated with lockdown will make this a long term issue with very weak possibly bankrupt economy. Countries you are quoting there are all developed countries compare yourself with Bangladesh India who face a similar dilemma and how they are handling the issue. IK barely did any politics on the issue and as far as accountability is concerned in my personal opinion there should be no relaxation on that issue no matter the person.

LOL Under the circumstances Pakistan is doing pretty good. PTI didn't do bad at all.

Just do a comparison with major Western nations and you will see what bad means.

the party is just getting stated, wait another month, minjheer.

That's all one sides story.
What you have missed, is the support people of West got from their govt. While govt in Pakistan is still busy in bhikari pan.
Now, the thing is, the only options with Pakistan are : wear masks, wash hands, change clothes after returning home. Pakistan doesn't have any other option than building a collective immunity. That's all I can say.
I agree I felt the need to cover this aspect because it has long been a tradition to find a scapegoat and ignore our own shortcomings as a society.
Most of the comments are rhetorical, based on personal feelings or political bias. Conveniently ignoring the most important factor. THE COUNTRIES WITH THE MOST DISCIPLINED POPULACE FARED THE BEST. China, South Korea, Japan, Germany.

Current financial state of our country is a 'Bhikari' no doubt, has been for a long time. Yet still this government gave the best relief package in South Asia, given our aukat.

Regarding your second point, yes personal protection at a collective level still is and it always has been the most effective line of defence. Complete lockdown/curfew as some people suggest first is never possible given our population, and forcing it will only lead to social unrest and agitation, 2ndly extending it to 6 months will be an economic sucide. One need to understand that only way to get rid of covid is either a vaccine or cure, lockdown is only effective in flattening the curve and is never a permanent solution.
The cases in the Europe are dropping because they have developed immunity at varying level, have a look at the studies coming in from Germany to have an idea of their general immunity levels, and it has no correlation with their declared cases.
The cases in Pakistan are in hundreds of thousands not 80k, majority are symptomless, silent carriers, and their are hundreds of thousands of those who have already developed immunity. We are at the peak as models predicted from 1st to 15th. You have a right to disagree with what I have said.

Last edited:
If i may, Respected members.
during these last 2 months i have been in constant touch with medical staff working in 3 different places, Jinah Hospital Lahore, Myo Hospital Lahore, Expo Center Lahore. I proudly presented my self as volunteer for paramedic services and served with esteemed doctors working like robbots not caring for thier own life tirelessly, we were all dellivered regular lectures and motivational speeches about how we will be rewarded in afterlife (no doubt) and will be considered as martyrs(also no doubt) in case of life loss during services.
Initially everyone was very enthusiastic and full of passion because we had ample means to cater a lot of patients, seniors were at ease but continously advising to keep a strict lockdown effective so that we can achieve a balance between new infections and cured patients thus keeping our capacity from overwhelming, and stratigy was very good and effective but unfortunately 2 weeks before eid all hell broke loose because so called intelectual cabinnet thought that because we are doing good so we have won the war but sadly it was only a battle not the whole war,the infections spike that you see today are cases that were produced 2 to 3 weeks ago what we have done to our selves in the days after eid that is still to come, and yes May Allah protect us but stats tell us that will be worst.
now what medical teams are thinking, they are talking like " to hell with this ignorant crowd of people who are still in denial mode we will first protect our selves" , so what started to happen from 3 days back is medical personals that fell sick were prioritised over others and almost 3 medical premises denied admission to any new patient even though he or she was serious because they had no space, and yes every medical personal is anticipating a huge protest abusing and blaming the medical teams for showing irresponsible behaviour like denying the traetment to patients after the current and upcoming spike. so half of staff has already applied for leave.
And yes i agree to the members that doubt the figures reported, because it is reported wrong to avoid the panic, and after the last meeting they stop quoting "death from corona" instead you will now here things like "He died from heart attack", or "pneumonia bigar gya" may be "sudden low or high sugar attack" and things like that.

my only question is when this starts happening who will be to blame then. doctors or gov or this crowd of denying idiot who calls themselves a nation.

PTI supporter modus operandi

1) pakistan is a poor country, get some reality check (how would poor get medical fees paid though?)

2) pakistan people dont follow rules and regulations, its their fault whats coming to them (there is something called ''Law enforcement'', it doesnt help that there is ''no pandemic'' denial by senior members like imran ismail declaing it as mere flu)

3) have you seen incompetence of western countries, why should we expect better from Pakstani govt? (PTI will not learn good western things, only the bad ones, the veitnam, thailand, korea, china wont be compared, how did pakistani cases exceed much bigger populated china? why pakistan didn't learn from its higher than K2/everest friend)

4) PTI did the best it could, it couldn't have done better (honestly never even heard of PTI's relief package, the only relief being provided atleast in my city is by the Edhi, JI, JDI, Cheepa etc NGOs)

regads

I agree I felt the need to cover this aspect because it has long been a tradition to find a scapegoat and ignore our own shortcomings as a society.
Most of the comments are rhetorical, based on personal feelings or political bias. Conveniently ignoring the most important factor. THE COUNTRIES WITH THE MOST DISCIPLINED POPULACE FARED THE BEST. China, South Korea, Japan, Germany.

Current financial state of our country is a 'Bhikari' no doubt, has been for a long time. Yet still this government gave the best relief package in South Asia, given our aukat.
I mean, the issue are those gangs in power, who never let things deciplined in Pakistan.
But that's another issue.

If i may, Respected members.
during these last 2 months i have been in constant touch with medical staff working in 3 different places, Jinah Hospital Lahore, Myo Hospital Lahore, Expo Center Lahore. I proudly presented my self as volunteer for paramedic services and served with esteemed doctors working like robbots not caring for thier own life tirelessly, we were all dellivered regular lectures and motivational speeches about how we will be rewarded in afterlife (no doubt) and will be considered as martyrs(also no doubt) in case of life loss during services.
Initially everyone was very enthusiastic and full of passion because we had ample means to cater a lot of patients, seniors were at ease but continously advising to keep a strict lockdown effective so that we can achieve a balance between new infections and cured patients thus keeping our capacity from overwhelming, and stratigy was very good and effective but unfortunately 2 weeks before eid all hell broke loose because so called intelectual cabinnet thought that because we are doing good so we have won the war but sadly it was only a battle not the whole war,the infections spike that you see today are cases that were produced 2 to 3 weeks ago what we have done to our selves in the days after eid that is still to come, and yes May Allah protect us but stats tell us that will be worst.
now what medical teams are thinking, they are talking like " to hell with this ignorant crowd of people who are still in denial mode we will first protect our selves" , so what started to happen from 3 days back is medical personals that fell sick were prioritised over others and almost 3 medical premises denied admission to any new patient even though he or she was serious because they had no space, and yes every medical personal is anticipating a huge protest abusing and blaming the medical teams for showing irresponsible behaviour like denying the traetment to patients after the current and upcoming spike. so half of staff has already applied for leave.
And yes i agree to the members that doubt the figures reported, because it is reported wrong to avoid the panic, and after the last meeting they stop quoting "death from corona" instead you will now here things like "He died from heart attack", or "pneumonia bigar gya" may be "sudden low or high sugar attack" and things like that.

my only question is when this starts happening who will be to blame then. doctors or gov or this crowd of denying idiot who calls themselves a nation.

Everyone is responsible, the naysayers and ignorants in the general population who do not understand the gravity of situation the most.

I wouldn't blame the government for the behaviour of Pakistani public.

Last edited by a moderator:
PTI supporter modus operandi

1) pakistan is a poor country, get some reality check (how would poor get medical fees paid though?)

2) pakistan people dont follow rules and regulations, its their fault whats coming to them (there is something called ''Law enforcement'', it doesnt help that there is ''no pandemic'' denial by senior members like imran ismail declaing it as mere flu)

3) have you seen incompetence of western countries, why should we expect better from Pakstani govt? (PTI will not learn good western things, only the bad ones, the veitnam, thailand, korea, china wont be compared, how did pakistani cases exceed much bigger populated china? why pakistan didn't learn from its higher than K2/everest friend)

4) PTI did the best it could, it couldn't have done better (honestly never even heard of PTI's relief package, the only relief being provided atleast in my city is by the Edhi, JI, JDI, Cheepa etc NGOs)

regads

I think their defence is logical and valid given the current situation. Their efforts were suboptimal no doubt, but solely holding them responsible while ignoring everything else is just shows personal/political bias, interfering with your interpretation and judgment.

Regarding your 4th point even my housemaid, local guard, driver all got 12k though they said it took them 2 days of hassle. JI also did its part no doubt they distributed small ration bags with wheat and sugar, small but I admire their effort. The rest of the opposition is just shameful, only limited to playing politics.

Back
Top Bottom