What's new

Congratulations to the Iranians.

You posted a video of police cruelty in Iran.

BOO HOO, I can post far worse videos of police cruelty from USA, ENGLAND, SPAIN, FRANCE, TURKEY, ETC...

Not only that, but your video also had a very anti-shia content , trying to show the Shias as crazy and non-Muslim.

I think it shows your stance towards Iran and Shias in general.

I think you would love to see riots and civil war In Iran, similar to Syria!

Aint gonna happen.

Enjoy this video, the oppressed people in Pakistan! maybe we need to trigger a revolution in Pakistan! to overthrow the Pro-Saudi military dictatorship in Pakistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTrT9mrMW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyq_dpk186U

The direction the new presidents take will let the world know who calls the shots in Iran, I hope he reaches out and addresses concerns of others and end Iran's isolation

Hearty congratulations to Iranian brothers and neighbors. I hope you will continue your journey with high hopes and aims.

Just please do something to cool down the sectarian tug of war in Pakistan in which one of the backers is Iran. We hope to reign in Saudi and Emarati funding for Wahhabists, you please do your bit.

Thanks.

@iranigirl2...Is it not true that the President hopefuls are elected by the Guardian Council who then become eligible for standing in election? Then how can be this election can be called free and fair as the president hopefuls who the GC think that will step out f line will be rejected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but

HE IS NOT MY PRESIDENT., he only got alittle above 50% of the votes, that means 50% are pissed off right now and don't consider him representative of Iranians.

Well . Yes he he only got 50.8% of the votes but it was in the firdt run and against 5 other candidate

By the way I guess many of the people who voted for Qalibaf or Velayati or Qarazi or Rezai will not have problem with him

@muse, Aeronaut.

What happened is that the Principlists didn't form a collation.

All the reformists were united and they urged everyone to vote for Rohani.

Yes, Rohani won, but not by much, the Principlists vote was split.

If Qalibaf, Jalili ,Velayati, Rezaei were united they would have won!

Rohani won 50.7 percent of a total of 36,704,156 valid ballots counted, with 18,613,329 votes, announced Iranian Interior Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar on Saturday.

Principlist candidate Mohammad-Baqer Qalibaf came in second with 6,077,292 votes. Principlist Saeed Jalili garnered 4,168,946 votes, and independent Mohsen Rezaei 3,884,412 votes. Principlist Ali-Akbar Velayati and independent Mohammad Gharazi trailed behind in fifth and sixth places, with 2,268,753 and 446,015 votes respectively.

A total of 1,245,409 ballots were declared invalid.

@TruthSeeker and Yeti, I don't think you guys know anything about Iranian Politics.

If welayati and rezaì would have resigned some of their votes would have gone to rowhani . If Qalibaf resined majority of his votes at least in tehran would have gone to rouhani .

The conservative decided to stay in hope that the ekection would go to second run and then they can unite and countetr the effect that support og rowhani by reformist made . Riwhani by himself had 20-30 % of the votes but the support of reformists and endorsement by figureheads such as Rafsanjani , khatami , Motahari and the house of mr. Khomeini give him another 15-20 percent but this also was not enough for him to win.

What destroyed all the calculation of conservatives was the presence of mr. Jalili as a candidate . You must agree that there is a group in our society that can't tolerate yhe unbending views of mr. Jalili and many of them usually dont vote . But this time they voted and the result was 72.5 % of participation in this election compard to usual 60-65% . I guess you agree that this 5-7% who voted this time are not conservatives .

@rashtriya.rifles

To put it simply, he's the boss who rubber stamps decisions taken by the parliament. He doesn't make policy but has the power to over rule any decision if he sees it to be unfit for the nation.

This was the real description of Khomeni's office. This system gives a robust political stability during the elections and transition.

@rashtriya.rifles

To put it simply, he's the boss who rubber stamps decisions taken by the parliament. He doesn't make policy but has the power to over rule any decision if he sees it to be unfit for the nation.

This was the real description of Khomeni's office. This system gives a robust political stability during the elections and transition.

I agree about the stability during elections part but he rubber stamps each and every decision taken by the parliament !
They guardian council headed by khomeni looks after most important things like Media/Mass communication to justice dept to foreign policy to other aspects which are the core executive powers of any normally elected govt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom