What's new

Congratulations to the Iranians.

It doesn't matter who the Iranian President is as long as the Iranian Government is controlled by the unelected vali-e faghih-e iran. Ali Hosseini Khamenei is the only leader in Iran who has real power. These elections, and all other machinations of "politics" in Iran, are just a sideshow. Iran is an Islamic dictatorship, pure and simple.

I think every country should have such guardian body above elected body who would guard country's identity, integrity and national interest. The way democracy works, opposite stances appear between political groups and sometimes opposition or favor to a stance appear because a party (but not the country) gets benefit out of it. In America's case, giving legal status to illegal immigrants is one such example. America as a state didn't get benefit but Obama picked it up and sold it - who suffered here - the opposition? No it was the state of America.

It doesn't matter who the Iranian President is as long as the Iranian Government is controlled by the unelected vali-e faghih-e iran. Ali Hosseini Khamenei is the only leader in Iran who has real power. These elections, and all other machinations of "politics" in Iran, are just a sideshow. Iran is an Islamic dictatorship, pure and simple.

I am sorry sir, you need 're-education' on the Iranian governance model.

Just because you happen to belong to 'the land of the free', doesn't mean you have the authority to judge others on your merit.

Khomeni is 'elected' via a council that itself is 'elected' by the 'elected' parliament, who also hold the power to 'replace' him.

And, yes you are 'wrong' that Khomeni is the dictator who has 'real power' but the president doesnt'. Last three Iranian Presidents had three different forigen policies which Khomeni had to put up with and didn't stop them.

Khomeni is 'not' someone with absolute power or executive authority. He's the spiritual leader who holds the 'last word'. Which means he can stop govt from any decision if he deems it to be unfit for the nation.

Khomeni is 'NOT' the head of state....'God' is. He 'doesn't' give orders to the govt [He's not supposed to]. This very notion is western propagenda.

Lastly, Iranians represent one of the oldest,finest and evolved cultures in human history, they have the longest history of self rule. If they wish to replace the 'Izzzlamic dictatorship' they are capable of doing that by either ballot or by popular revolt....they have proven that.

They don't need a culturally bankrupt nation with zero history in North America to tell them how they need to live their lives nor they need them to reject the President elected by a peaceful election with 50%+ votes out of 72% turnout!

Just because you can't bully them and they ain't being intimidated by your threats to bring war to their people,doesn't mean you can discredit their democracy.

Your own system is so rotten that you can have a President at 38% votes. How about you fix that FIRST?

And yes im not a Shi'a nor do i admire Khomeni for some other reasons.

Peace

Just because you happen to belong to 'the land of the free', doesn't mean you have the authority to judge others on your merit.

Khomeni is 'elected' via a council that itself is 'elected' by the 'elected' parliament, who also hold the power to 'replace' him.

And, yes you are 'wrong' that Khomeni is the dictator who has 'real power' but the president doesnt'. Last three Iranian Presidents had three different forigen policies which Khomeni had to put up with and didn't stop them.

Khomeni is 'not' someone with absolute power or executive authority. He's the spiritual leader who holds the 'last word'. Which means he can stop govt from any decision if he deems it to be unfit for the nation.

Khomeni is 'NOT' the head of state....'God' is. He 'doesn't' give orders to the govt [He's not supposed to]. This very notion is western propagenda.

Lastly, Iranians represent one of the oldest,finest and evolved cultures in human history, they have the longest history of self rule. If they wish to replace the 'Izzzlamic dictatorship' they are capable of doing that by either ballot or by popular revolt....they have proven that.

They don't need a culturally bankrupt nation with zero history in North America to tell them how they need to live their lives nor they need them to reject the President elected by a peaceful election with 50%+ votes out of 72% turnout!

Just because you can't bully them and they ain't being intimidated by your threats to bring war to their people,doesn't mean you can discredit their democracy.

Your own system is so rotten that you can have a President at 38% votes. How about you fix that FIRST?

Peace

Thank you for this great explanation, I couldn't have said it better.

@iranigirl2 I can assure you she is no supporter of the shah, she is a very religious girl who wears a hijab and is always trying to convet me but that's another story lol what she did tell me is this I asked her a direct question this was the time of the last election not this one I said why are people coming out to protest is this another revolution of some sorts? she said no! we already had our Islamic revolution but we just need it to be tweaked.

Well bbc and western media are saying that the real power lies with the religious establishment there so I do not know who to believe btw I should ask this question to my Iranian friend as I not asked this im just basing it on what I read on the news.

I must add my Iranian friend took part in that protest the time of the last election and few of her friends were arrested for being there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you need to understand Iran politics to actually comprehend what I said. Of course the president makes a difference look at Ahmadinejad and Khatami , they were two different people and Iran was different with each president. I'm assuming your Iranian friends are not very smart , maybe there are former shahis! Who knows but everyone educated, rural, etc..in Iran knows that the president makes a huge difference.

I agree, but Iran is still going to continue it's nuclear program...:D

YES by all means continue on your path of making yourself more powerful but as I have asked in my latter part of my post, who takes the final decision ? Where does the BUCK stop ?

Peace

Sir I consider your take on this as just all talk and nothing else. So let's break it into very simple terms.

Who takes the final decision in Iran ? obviously the president doesn't ! The laws passed by the president can be vetoed by khomeni at the drop of a hat and he doesn't even have to give an explanation to the people ! Thats a FACT !

2012 USA voter turnout: 57%
2013 Iran voter turnout: 72.7%

That should tell you enough!

Whoever got elected, the good news is that Iranian Democracy is Thriving. Also, I am glad that a reformist candidate won because this will create a check and balance between the Powers that be.

Congratulations Iran, Democracy won in your country as well. Now the West cannot mock Islamic countries as undemocratic. From Indonesia to Morocco, more and more Islamic nations are opting for Democracy.

2012 USA voter turnout: 57%
2013 Iran voter turnout: 72.7%

That should tell you enough!

1995 Iraqi election

Turnout: 99.47%

Votes in favor of saddam : 99.96%

Holding election and turnout does not mean anything when opposition is not allowed to field it's candidate by "Dictatorial" council.

The last election was rigged my friend in Iran told me but whether this one was or not does not really matter as he does not control things.

Last elections result was a big suprise for every one.. Hassan Mossuvi was suppose to win with 90% majority. Elections held by regime cannot be fair...

Reformists would kill the regime, if voted to power.

The impression I get is that the religious body is more concerned about domestic affairs than foreign relations.

Peace

What a joke.. even to do a **** in Iran you need licence from Khomeni... police can raid house without warrants.
You missed all the action followed by last elections... we do not post bad news from closed regime of Iran but it does not mean that they are conducting business according Islam.
Have you had a chance to live in Iran ?
What you wrote is just theory.. In Iran authority is to IRG... where as it is already false to claim that Allah has authority only over Iran.. Allah is authority to the all universe.

1005047_10201448047705997_519088204_n.jpg

BATMAN looks like your just looking to create trouble in Iran. you have a very Anti-Iranian stance. I think seeing riots and trouble in Iran makes you happy!

The Iranian people voted and 50.7 voted for the Reformist and the other half voted for conservatives. Don't forget the Iranians still voted for a Shia cleric!

1995 Iraqi election

Turnout: 99.47%

Votes in favor of saddam : 99.96%

Holding election and turnout does not mean anything when opposition is not allowed to field it's candidate by "Dictatorial" council.

Your comparing Saddam the lunatic dictator to Iran?? He killed and threaten athletes if they didn't win against their foreign opponents.

Saddam threatened his people to vote .

In Iran most of oppositions asked people to boycott, there was a HUGE CAMPAGIN from the opposition to boycott this election.

Iran is an Islamic democracy with check and balances in place and people vote for all positions in power. You can't compare this to Saddam's military regime! Your comparing apples to oranges.

There is nothing anti Iranian in my post, i love the people of Iran and land of Iran, they are oppressed by the regime.
Yes.. i have no trust in your elections.. elections in Iran are also engineered in UK as they are in Pakistan.
If you want me to congratulate.... than have fun and celebrate.. even USA will congratulate you... that would make him lesser evil, than?

Enjoy the song!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom