What's new

Congratulations India on entering the Top 40 of the most innovative countries.

LOL what is that with the emoticon ?

The measure is based on export composition, USA for instant is not even inside 5 best which is ridiculous. The result also dont differentiate between export product and services which come from FDI and their own national brand.

India is great with their IT service sector that lead into this increase.

India has made Tejas and big rocket, cruise missile, etc, so India position below Malaysia is ridiculous as well, showing this rank is nothing about fair rank in innovation, but I am agree that my country, Indonesia, needs to work on this.

We need to produce R 80 plane and compete with ATR in turboprop market, this now should become priority

1664693547368.png

1664693629570.png

Last edited:

The measure is based on export composition, USA for instant is not even inside 5 best which is ridiculous. The result also dont differentiate between export product and services which come from FDI and their own national brand.

India has made Tejas and big rocket, cruise missile, etc, so India position below Malaysia is ridiculous as well, showing this rank is nothing about fair rank in innovation, but I am agree that my country, Indonesia, needs to work on this.

We need to produce R 80 plane and compete with ATR in turboprop market, this now should become priority

View attachment 884086
View attachment 884087
The list is based on productivity of the nation and new inventions

View attachment 884086
View attachment 884087
All Us citizens are not innovative

View attachment 884086
View attachment 884087
The heck US is rank 2 Switzerland is rank 1 just checked yes it's based on various factors like science tech research and development etc read the official PDF US is 2nd in the list

IMG_20221002_133221.jpg

for 1.4 billion people anything less than 10 is not impressive
Why is rank 40 bad my friend? We were at rank 81 in in 2015 and 46 in 2021
GII AND ECI are the only lists i keep track of our jumping speed is only matched by China and Vietnam
Even turkey and Mexico and Malaysia jump ranks very slowly compared to us

Lol simps. what are you folks on.. the civilization is called indus and it's in pakistan not india.
You have crumbs of it..you don't have the river or the Sindh region. Pakistan is the land of indus.. Your country is literally named after the British exonym for this land that was given to it by briishers.
Pakistan after all came out of India only.... we don't have indus? It joins Pakistan after crossing India once she originates in Tibet..... in India we call her SINDHU.... sindh region of Pakistan is a gift of Indian name SINDHU given to this river.....

The heck US is rank 2 Switzerland is rank 1 just checked yes it's based on various factors like science tech research and development etc read the official PDF US is 2nd in the list

View attachment 884107

No, they dont have dedication to search on tech development etc

The basis is percentage in high tech export on each countries, comparing with their low tech export. Saudi oil export is already processed and they have big chemical export and it is defined as better industry than for example Indonesia oil export where it is crude (Indonesia refinery product is only for domestic market) and CPO.

Showing China below Singapore is also ridiculous and shown that the calculation is based on Complexity Index (based on export complexity) and dont differentiate between export coming from FDI and their own brand

Now we see Swizerland is higher in innovation than USA, that is what I am talking to

Why is rank 40 bad my friend? We were at rank 81 in in 2015 and 46 in 2021
GII AND ECI are the only lists i keep track of our jumping speed is only matched by China and Vietnam
Even turkey and Mexico and Malaysia jump ranks very slowly compared to us

because you have 1.4 billion people

No, they dont have dedication to search on tech development etc

The basis is percentage in high tech export on each countries, comparing with their low tech export. Saudi oil export is already processed and they have big chemical export and it is defined as better industry than for example Indonesia oil export where it is crude (Indonesia refinery product is only for domestic market) and CPO.

Showing China below Singapore is also ridiculous and shown that the calculation is based on Complexity Index (based on export complexity) and dont differentiate between export coming from FDI and their own brand

Now we see Swizerland is higher in innovation than USA, that is what I am talking to
Think -tank the list has many parameters and sub sections the overall GII rank is the average culmination of these ranks the methodology and research and ranking is also very tough and professional at least 110 institutes from around the world give this ranking go through the entire PDF on GII read the 90 page document
And see what facts they judge
I don't want to debate you anymore
You won
What i can say is india lags heavily in infrastructure rank in the GII rank scale that's why we are so low and it's improving at an astonishing pace
{The infrastructure)
You win bye just go through the pdf once in your spare time
The methodology of this rank is insane and very good lots of research put into this
IMG_20221002_135716.jpg

Think -tank the list has many parameters and sub sections the overall GII rank is the average culmination of these ranks the methodology and research and f ranking is also very tough and professional at least 110 institutes from around the world give this ranking go trough the entire PDF on GII read the 90 page document
I don't want to debate you anymore
You won
What i can say is india lags heavily in infrastructure rank in the GII rank scale that's why we are so low and it's improving at an astonishing pace
You win bye just go through the pdf once in your spare time
The methodology of this rank is insane and very good lots of research put into this
View attachment 884120
are you saying the methodology is logical or plain garbage ?

So ?

Extremely good 😁 one of the toughest and most comprehensive list of factors

Its logical and very thoughtful i think my previous post made it clear

the expectation is that if you have more people you are more productive and more inventive

the expectation is that if you have more people you are more productive and more inventive
The overall scale will increase but not the actual inventiveness of people that's why they have a rank for institute infrastructure and creative thought
India lags heavily in infrastructure

Global Innovation Index 2022: India up 6 spots, first time in top 40​

This was mainly due to an improvement in information and communication technologies (ICT) services exports, venture capital recipients' value as well as finance for start-ups.​

Topics
WIPO | India | Global Innovation Index
Shreya Nandi | New Delhi Last Updated at September 30 2022 00:08 IST

India's rank has risen by 41 places since 2015, when it was at the 81st spot. The

India rose to 40th among 132 countries in the Global Innovation Index 2022, jumping six places from a year ago, according to the rankings released by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).

This was mainly due to an improvement in information and communication technologies (ICT) services exports, venture capital recipients’ value as well as finance for start-ups.
India’s rank has risen by 41 places since 2015, when it was at the 81st spot. The country’s rank stood at 46 in 2021 in the index that tracks innovation both in government policies and industry practices.
“Switzerland, the US, Sweden, the UK and the Netherlands are the world’s most innovative economies, with China on the threshold of the top 10. Other emerging economies are also showing consistently strong performance, including India and Turkey, both of which entered the top 40 for the first time, an official statement from WIPO said. India has overtaken Vietnam (48th) as the top lower middle-income economy for innovation,” it said.
“With their rise in terms of innovation performance in the shadow of shocks to global supply chains, Turkey, and India are positively enriching the global innovation landscape, while Indonesia shows promising innovation potential,” GII co-editor and dean of Saïd Business School at Oxford University, Soumitra Dutta, said.
“India Innovating Like Never Before! India climbs to the 40th rank in the Global Innovation Index of WIPO, a huge leap of 41 places in 7 years. The steady rise testifies that India under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi is rapidly emerging as the global innovation hub,” Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said in a tweet.
to enter top teens and eventually single digits India should be in a position were other nations and nationals are coming to India and the advancement is purely domestic and is not hampered by suddenly jealousy or denial by the west. Japan is good example, this country is "reliable/ useful" Western ally and has achieved much since the trauma of WW2 but it is denied access to some military top end technologies and has to develop its own although very tentatively and carefully in order not to annoy or alarm the west (Americans).

to enter top teens and eventually single digits India should be in a position were other nations and nationals are coming to India and the advancement is purely domestic and is not hampered by suddenly jealousy or denial by the west. Japan is good example, this country is "reliable/ useful" Western ally and has achieved much since the trauma of WW2 but it is denied access to some military top end technologies and has to develop its own although very tentatively and carefully in order not to annoy or alarm the west (Americans).
Agreed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom