What's new

Confusing news : Arjun set for formal induction into Army

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
JAISALMER: The indigenously-built Arjun tank will be formally inducted into 75 Armoured Regiment on Saturday. A programme will be held where the Arjun tank will replace Tank-55.

South Zone's General Officer Commanding-in-Chief Lt General S.K.Singh will be chief guest. The delays and failures in its development from 1990 to 2000 prompted the Indian Army to order vast number of T-90 tanks from Russia to meet the defence needs.

The tank comes with a 120 mm main rifled gun with indigenously developed APFSDS ammunition, a 7.62 mm co-axial machine gun, and a 12.7 mm machine gun. It is powered by a single MTU multi-fuel diesel engine rated at 1,400 hp, and can achieve a maximum speed of 70 km/hr (43 mph) and a cross-country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). It has a four-man crew: commander, gunner, loader and driver.

Automatic fire detection and suppression, and NBC protection systems are provided. All-round anti-tank warhead protection by the newly developed Kanchan armour is claimed to be much higher than available in present third generation tanks.

Earlier, in March 2010, the Arjun was pitted against the T-90 in comparative trials and performed well. Subsequently, the Army placed an order for an additional 124 tanks on May 17, 2010.

Arjun set for formal induction into Army - The Times of India

I thought even the order of first batch of 124 MBTs were on on the verge of completion, so why they are inducting so late ? I mean i thought induction was done a couple of years back.

man defence reporting in india suck big time. these reporters dont have an idea of wat they r writing. arjun is already inducted in army. wat the news reporter wanted to convey was arjun is being inducted in 75 th armoured regiment.

defence reporting is surely not cup of tea of most indian jouranalists.

Lol Arjun set for induction in 75th mechnaised regiment ...This is the last batch of arjun mk1 and hence completion of 124 tank order. , the next 124 pre production batch for Arjun mk2 will start after 18months from Now.

Courtsey- BERGAV BR

I Have a solid confirmation from my source that Army is very much keen to replace 200+T55 and some 400+T 72 older variants with Arjun Mk2 only .. :cheers:
Let me clear that arjun mk1 1st batch didn't replaced any T 55 in IA unlike last batch ...

@angeldemon_007

it's not the news which is confussing , it's you only who is confussed due to lack of information on subjust...

year 2004 , 16 Arjum MBT was handed over to army for trails ..
year 2009 , first Arjun MBT regiment comesup with the induction of addition Arjun MBT taking the total number to 45, it was the 43th Armoured Regiment , by 2010 this regiment gets it's 62Arjun tanks ..

now in 2011 , army is just replacing/ it's T-55 tanks from it's 75 Armoured Regiment by Arjun MBT..

couldn'e see where the confussion is ?
i hope next time you will not fabricate your own thread tittle..

angeldemon,

Give it up dear. You don't need to bash DRDO everywhere. They have delivered Arjun MBT before schedule. If anything then Army leadership should feel ashamed of themselves, for not trusting Indian talent before. Good job, DRDO!

And, I agree with PANDORA. The reporter is some DRDO-basher. Lots of inaccuracies in his article.

So till now they have not been inducted... good luck.

:rofl: Why its always you ready ready to be smashed for funny comments? Can't control yourself for some minutes? lol

Thats a new regiment raised by new batch of tanks.

This is last batch of 124 tanks ordered earlier.

angeldemon,

Give it up dear. You don't need to bash DRDO everywhere. They have delivered Arjun MBT before schedule. If anything then Army leadership should feel ashamed of themselves, for not trusting Indian talent before. Good job, DRDO!

And, I agree with PANDORA. The reporter is some DRDO-basher. Lots of inaccuracies in his article.
:)
No no...now i am targeting TOI.

I Have a solid confirmation from my source that Army is very much keen to replace 200+T55 and some 400+T 72 older variants with Arjun Mk2 only ..
Let me clear that arjun mk1 1st batch didn't replaced any T 55 in IA unlike last batch ...
Its a good news....but it will really help if you share some more information with us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom