What's new

Confined Pakistani scholars in China vs. Thousands returning via Iran

Does this reflect racism in Pakistan's state policy?

• Total voters

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We have all seen, the views on social media on the subject of bringing home hand full of Pakistani scholars stuck in China province vs. complete hush on thousands of individuals who entered Pakistan in past few days from Iran.

Does this represent obvious bias in Pakistani society? or it is a matter of state policy? or It's a conspiracy against Pakistan? or ...... share your views, specially those are invited who posted zealously on 4 students, who returned from China via Thailand.

Thanks.

#Coronavirus: بلوچستان کے ایران سے متصل اضلاع میں ’طبی ایمرجنسی‘ نافذ

https://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan-51601622

In this report there is no mention of thousands.

I do agree that we are very VERY lax on our borders. We need to tighten entry and infiltration in every border area considerably.

I have raised this issue of weird treatment of students by Pakistan. I was called by all sorts of names. Here are two basic facts :

1. Air route from China to Pakistan is open for anyone NOT coming from Hubei. Issue is that now the virus is endemic in other provinces, this policy made sense in late December to mid Jan and not now.

2. Other centres of outbreak sharing land borders like Iran are appearing and movement of people is not going to stop from there.

In light of this, any perceived advantage of not bringing students back is lost. Its nothing but hypocrisy.

You are not welcome on this forum. Your only goal is to troll stupid Indian. Leave this forum because no one is interested in interacting with you.

Pakistan will decide what is in its best interest. Not some scum Indian like yourself.

Yes, but this has nothing to do with the virus. This is a regular visit.

You have to remember. We have a sizeable Shia population in Pakistan. Such regular visits to Iran are routine.

I get your point that in and outflux of people needs to be thoroughly checked irrespectively. We simply don't have the ability nor capacity. That is God's honest truth.

I have raised this issue of weird treatment of students by Pakistan. I was called by all sorts of names. Here are two basic facts :

1. Air route from China to Pakistan is open for anyone NOT coming from Hubei. Issue is that now the virus is endemic in other provinces, this policy made sense in late December to mid Jan and not now.

2. Other centres of outbreak sharing land borders like Iran are appearing and movement of people is not going to stop from there.

In light of this, any perceived advantage of not bringing students back is lost. Its nothing but hypocrisy.
Be specific and detailed in your comments. You were roundly debunked for your misinformed comments and your false concern for Pakistani students in Wuhan.

As for Iran, certainly there is a threat, however, Iran cannot initiate an urban quarantine process like China can. In Wuhan, there is minimal contact between people because of the lockdown. This reduces the risk of Pakistani citizens remaining there being infected. In Iran, such a rapid lockdown will be harder to achieve because of infrastructure and social differences, particularly the mullahs having absolute control and at times willingly being ignorant of scientific facts and principles. Hence, leaving Pakistanis in Iran would be more risky for those Pakistanis themselves. Having said that, it is clearly an emerging risk and after whatever "pilgrims" have returned, the border should then become heavily restricted. The OP has a point, although he is clearly sectarian influenced in his approach.

Be specific and detailed in your comments. You were roundly debunked for your misinformed comments and your false concern for Pakistani students in Wuhan.

As for Iran, certainly there is a threat, however, Iran cannot initiate an urban quarantine process like China can. In Wuhan, there is minimal contact between people because of the lockdown. This reduces the risk of Pakistani citizens remaining there being infected. In Iran, such a rapid lockdown will be harder to achieve because of infrastructure and social differences, particularly the mullahs having absolute control and at times willingly being ignorant of scientific facts and principles. Hence, leaving Pakistanis in Iran would be more risky for those Pakistanis themselves. Having said that, it is clearly an emerging risk and after whatever "pilgrims" have returned, the border should then become heavily restricted. The OP has a point, although he is clearly sectarian influenced in his approach.

We need to ignore this harmony guy. He is an absolute troll.

I suggest all members start boycotting him on PDF. Simply don't reply to his posts and pretend he doesn't even exist. This guy is an ugly troll. His entire presence reeks with ugliness.

Do it for a couple of days and you will see that he will run off disgraced.

The source says that people visited from September to November 2018.

That said, I do believe movement of people is not going to stop from Iran. There is a good sized land border and there is no stopping of people from returning to their homes.

This is just to reflect average travel data.... on records.
There's off record travel as well, and much more Pakistanis travelling from UK and mingling up with Iranians in Iraq and Syria.

This is just to reflect average travel data.... on records.
There's off record travel as well, and much more Pakistanis travelling from UK and mingling up with Iranians in Iraq and Syria.

Stop addressing him. He is not here to satisfy you on Iran. He is here to troll against China.

Explain to me what your problem is with Iran.

When have I been debunked?
Do you deny these facts?
1. The policy of not getting students back was formed before Jan 30. During this time number of confirmed cases in Hubei laone were LESS than what they are now out side of Hubei.

2. Other outbreak centers of this disease have appeared as was expected, including one in Iran where there is a long land border.

How do you justify having students stuck in Wuhan when you have these massive sources of influx of people potentially carrying the virus.

And last but not the least, this virus is ACTUALLY NOT AS DEADLY. In India, from what I gather all three cases of Coronavirus have made full recovery.

This insistance on not bringing students back seems only based on politics and nothing to do with a medical policy.

Back
Top Bottom