What's new

Comparative strengths of Bangladesh and Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. Sadly I have my doubts regarding Bangladesh.

The simple fact is that BD does not want to go to war with Myanmar right now over Rohingya. Most of the
BD population are probably also of this opinion as well and they rather that BD carries on with the economy front while slowly building up the military as per "Forces Goal 2030".

Too many posters want BD to just go out there and purchase any plane as a tit-for-tat with Myanmar. If you really look outside the headline numbers, just how effective will the MAF be against even a BAF that has a single squadron of say 16 Gripen Es or 16 J-10Cs? The Mig-29s are not reckoned to be very good fighter even if upgraded, the JF-17 is the weakest 4th generation aircraft out there and the SU-30SME if that is what they are getting is quite good but 6 is hardly a game changer. Myanmar would be hard pressed to afford SU-30SME in numbers and the maintenance nightmare will just have started for them trying to maintain 3 different 4th generation aircraft on a tiny budget of 2 billion dollars(add in an extra 1 billion as the military runs it's own companies for profit that gets invested in weapons purchases lol).

Yes, BAF is led by complete idiots but even idiots eventually learn and decent numbers of high quality planes will come soon.

The simple fact is that BD does not want to go to war with Myanmar right now over Rohingya. Most of the
BD population are probably also of this opinion as well and they rather that BD carries on with the economy front while slowly building up the military as per "Forces Goal 2030".

Too many posters want BD to just go out there and purchase any plane as a tit-for-tat with Myanmar. If you really look outside the headline numbers, just how effective will the MAF be against even a BAF that has a single squadron of say 16 Gripen Es or 16 J-10Cs? The Mig-29s are not reckoned to be very good fighter even if upgraded, the JF-17 is the weakest 4th generation aircraft out there and the SU-30SME if that is what they are getting is quite good but 6 is hardly a game changer. Myanmar would be hard pressed to afford SU-30SME in numbers and the maintenance nightmare will just have started for them trying to maintain 3 different 4th generation aircraft on a tiny budget of 2 billion dollars(add in an extra 1 billion as the military runs it's own companies for profit that gets invested in weapons purchases lol).

Yes, BAF is led by complete idiots but even idiots eventually learn and decent numbers of high quality planes will come soon.
Yeah apparently the J-10 got rejected twice including J-10C according to Bdmilitary admin.

J-10C got rejected?

Bro, do you have any further info on this?
8B7F03C3-96E1-46DA-8C71-10E1DEC478D6.jpeg

WOW...

So, what type of aircraft BAF wants? Euro, US or Russian?
The admin says that something “big” is coming up.
He believes that it will definitely surprise us.
Kept mentioning the element of surprise.

OK, so it looks like the main reason is that BD wants to move away from China in order to cut down reliance on it. If the performance is not up to scratch then it would be acceptable reason.
If the geopolitical reason is true then I am not sure it was wise as the Chinese hardware can be used against India who is a much more bigger threat than Myanmar.

The admin says that something “big” is coming up.
He believes that it will definitely surprise us.
Kept mentioning the element of surprise.

This something "big" can only be SU-30SME in my opinion.
But as he mentions a "surprise" it may be one of the Euro-canards.

OK, so it looks like the main reason is that BD wants to move away from China in order to cut down reliance on it. If the performance is not up to scratch then it would be acceptable reason.
If that is true then I am not sure it was wise as the Chinese hardware should be used against India who is a much more bigger threat than Myanmar.
Made me kinda disappointed too.
However I’m fine with Mig-35.
Knew from the start that Mig-35 might be coming.
Gut feeling...

If the geopolitical reason is true then I am not sure it was wise as the Chinese hardware can be used against India who is a much more bigger threat than Myanmar.

This something "big" can only be SU-30SME in my opinion.
But as he mentions a "surprise" it may be one of the Euro-canards.
Su-35 I guess?

Made me kinda disappointed too.
However I’m fine with Mig-35.
Knew from the start that Mig-35 might be coming.
Gut feeling...

Let us hope it is SU-30SME or one of the Euro-canards.:-)

Su-35 I guess?

Let us pray it is in that case.

A squadron of these with the 8 Mig-29s should at least give some kind of parity with the MAF.

Russia to sell 6 Su-30 fighters to Myanmar
Source: Xinhua 2018-01-23 01:08:23

CmcetdE002003_20180122_MCMFN0A001_11n.jpg

Two Su-30 planes perform acrobatic flight in Subang air base in Selangor, Malaysia, June 1, 2008. (Xinhua/Chong Voon Chung)

MOSCOW, Jan. 22 (Xinhua) -- Russia agreed to supply six Su-30 fighters to Myanmar during Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu's visit to the country, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin said Monday.

Shoigu's visit to Myanmar on Jan. 20-22 gave an "additional impetus" to military and technical cooperation between the two countries, Fomin said in an online press release.

Fomin said he is confident that the Su-30warplanes will become the main fighters of Myanmar's Air Force to "protect territorial integrity and repel terrorist attacks."

During Shoigu's visit, the two countries agreed to streamline entry for warships in Russian and Myanmar's ports.

Myanmar is also interested in purchasing Russian naval and land equipment and over 600 soldiers from the Southeast Asian country are studying in Russia's military academies, Fomin said.

Myanmar is looking for air domination against Bangladesh with a better mix of capable fighters like Mig-29,Su-30 and FC-1 Xialong armed with missile R-27 and R-73

Now even two more ethnic rebel groups have signed ceasefire , Myanmar is stabilizing surely.

With this deal concluded Myanmar would have more than 50 4 generation fighters whereas Bangladesh only 8 mig -29 and some 35 F-7 which also is in Myanmar's inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom