What's new

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

The thing is boxing in general is always going to have these type of arguments/controversies and so on. While it is fun to watch, if we are looking for medals it is better to promote stuff like swimming,athletics and weightlifting.

I wonder you are in boxing and saying this!

The old system was dependent on count of punches. However, it is impossibe to keep acurate count then and there Then, there was the question of effective punches, ineffective punches etc. Boxers could see the points after any round. So, it was common that the boxer leading by point would take time wasting strategy at the end. If you are in boxing, you must remember the fight between Suranjoy Singh and the Chinese Boxer in Asian Games semi-final, the Chinese boxer with a lead of 7-6 resort to running away from fight through out the last round and won, India's Vikash Kishan did the same against a Chinese boxer in final to win gold,

Now, boxers cant know the score till end,

Instead of punch count, overall dominance is considered by three different Judges from three different nations,,,, So a boxer who believes he is leading cant go for full defensive mode as Judges can go against him for passiveness,,,In earlier rule there was no such scope,,,

I cant see how the present rule favours some and not others unless one bribes ateast two of three judges

ok... have you seem all boxing bouts in CWG? ?? yesterday itself a bout happened between England vs Irish I think.. her opponent running away from Irish ... Clearly Irishman gal made accurate punches and guarding her face is also perfect. .. her opponent just moving away from her during the session.. still she surprised with the decisions by judges.. only one judge gave 10 remaining all tends to her opponent. .

I seen devendro bout lot times now... His punches got lot potential than his opponent. .. If you count overall performance. . He must be awarded better..

NoOOOOOO New Zealang haar gaye.

:'(

well, I can support indian hockey team now :-)

Only hockey left now? All the best gents. Australia took women's gold.

They have enormous mineral wealth, very sporty some countries have all the luck.

True that. The Aussies have great land expanses to push their athletes and combine that with wealth you have a winning formula. Their facilities are state of the art.

Kashyap In Badminton finals, has won the first set, and womens doubles badminton, with Jwala and Ashwini,

Last edited:
True that. The Aussies have great land expanses to push their athletes and combine that with wealth you have a winning formula. Their facilities are state of the art.

I am supporting New Zealand btw. I felt I should. I enjoy the facilties here, enjoy the hospitality and Kiwis have been great to me so far.

Loyalty to New Zealand is the least I can do :-)

wanted them to finish 4th at least. Disappointing performance |i think.

I am afraid Kashyap wnt be abe t make it,,,,,,,,many unfrrced err0rs.

Nope nt only hockey.......Men's singles final in badminton is on the way.....
k.parupali Vs D.wong :)

Get ready guys 2 more silver's are on the way ,1 in hockey & 1 in badminton :cool: :(

KP bro trails 12-14 ......tht singaporean guy is one hell of a lucky dude :)

O'h yeah baby he leads now......15-14 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom