Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
‘Coming To Pakistan Helped Change My Image Of The Country’ – Samit Patel
March 12, 2019 Mishal Ali
Facebook736TwitterWhatsApp

sp.jpg

Whenever the tensions have escalated and the borders broadened, art and sports have performed the role of bridging the gap. Pulwama tensions and India’s childish attempts to sabotage Pakistan Super League (PSL) bore no fruit. India had to face humiliation many times while their attempts repeatedly fail.

Being the final nail in the coffin are Samit Patel’s remarks regarding the country and his experience here. Samit plays for Islamabad United and belongs from Indian background himself. He said that despite the image building, he has found Pakistan welcoming and warm towards him and his overall experience in the country. He is all praise for the country.

He said that as an Indian, he fell prey to negative profiling as well. But visiting Pakistan, his image took a completely opposite shift as he found the people here compassionate and welcoming towards him.

”As an Indian, visiting Pakistan has been great. The experience of playing in Karachi was amazing and you can just see the love for cricket in Pakistan” – he said.
The Nottinghamshire cricketer is all praise for Pakistan. He says the way people welcomed him has touched him deeply and it is something that will stay with him forever.

”I have heard lots of amazing things about Pakistan, especially Lahore, which I have not been to as yet”. – said Patel.

As the cross-border tensions have eased up, it is refreshing to see people have started to see beyond hate and bigotry as well. Hoping that like always, cricket will play the role of bringing people from both sides on the same page as well, as it connects the people like nothing else.

What is your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments bar below.

Facebook Comments

Well good to see him visit Pakistan and Support PSL , nice gesture him being a British player he is less prone to Mainland Indian mindset

Back
Top Bottom