What's new

Collateral Damage: Woman killed, four injured in Lower Dir search operation

AbhimanyuShrivastav

Reaction score
Woman killed, four injured in Lower Dir search operation - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

PESHAWAR: A woman was killed and her son as well as three security personnel were injured in a cross firing incident during a search operation in Lower Dir region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

There were conflicting reports regarding the incident in Lower Dir's Timergara region and the woman's death.

Official sources said security forces were conducting a search operation in Timergara when residents of the house of local property dealer Israruddin opened fire on them during a raid.

Subsequently, three security personnel were injured during the cross firing whereas Israruddin's wife was killed and his son sustained injuries.

Security forces claimed they were fired upon while they were conducting the search operation in the house.

Whereas, residents said that even though they had not offered any resistance, security forces' men fired shots as a result of which the woman was killed and her son was injured.

Meanwhile, a curfew was imposed in Timergara for an indefinite period.

Woman killed, four injured in Lower Dir search operation - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

PESHAWAR: A woman was killed and her son as well as three security personnel were injured in a cross firing incident during a search operation in Lower Dir region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

There were conflicting reports regarding the incident in Lower Dir's Timergara region and the woman's death.

Official sources said security forces were conducting a search operation in Timergara when residents of the house of local property dealer Israruddin opened fire on them during a raid.

Subsequently, three security personnel were injured during the cross firing whereas Israruddin's wife was killed and his son sustained injuries.

Security forces claimed they were fired upon while they were conducting the search operation in the house.

Whereas, residents said that even though they had not offered any resistance, security forces' men fired shots as a result of which the woman was killed and her son was injured.

Meanwhile, a curfew was imposed in Timergara for an indefinite period.

I find Military's version of events more credible.
Only when the military in question is Pakistani military. In case of similar situations in Afghanistan or India or Israel, its always the civilians who are right. Are Pakistani civilians generally anti social and militants by nature that every time whenever there is a conflict of opinions with Military, its the Pakistani civilian who is wrong as against every where else in the world, where the military is wrong and civilians are right ? Or is it that its not so complicated and you are just being a hypocrite :)

Only when the military in question is Pakistani military. In case of similar situations in Afghanistan or India or Israel, its always the civilians who are right. Are Pakistani civilians generally anti social and militants by nature that every time whenever there is a conflict of opinions with Military, its the Pakistani civilian who is wrong as against every where else in the world, where the military is wrong and civilians are right ? Or is it that its not so complicated and you are just being a hypocrite :)

Wow. Is negative rating now being used as a tool in an argument ?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop Trolling.

I was in the Pakistani Armed Forces and I know them better than you.

What experience do you have with Pakistani Military to form an opinion.

This is not a terrorist Army like yours that is terrorizing Kashmiri People for the last 67 years especially the last 22.

Wow. Is negative rating now being used as a tool in an argument ?

That should discourage TROLLS like yourself and don't delude yourself that you gave a credible Argument.

Trolling is not considered an argument.

Last edited:

This is not a terrorist Army like yours that is terrorizing Kashmiri People for the last 67 years especially the last 22.

Typical Pakistani comment...

Tum Maro to Collateral, Hum mare to Opression..
(You give excuse of collateral damage, while if we would have done same, you would have cried like hell)

I respect you for serving your nation and its army. But that does not mean that no one can have a difference of opinion about Pakistani army. If every one needs to have 1st hand experience about something to form an opinion on it, then defence.pk would not have even 1% of the traffic it has today. I will ignore your off topic and non sense jab about Indian army to avoid derailing the thread

I respect you for serving your nation and its army. But that does not mean that no one can have a difference of opinion about Pakistani army. If every one needs to have 1st hand experience about something to form an opinion on it, then defence.pk would not have even 1% of the traffic it has today. I will ignore your off topic and non sense jab about Indian army to avoid derailing the thread

Answer my question. What experience do you have with Pakistan Army personally to form an opinion ?

All I can find is your irresistible desire to TROLL on PDF

not surprised at all especially when some sort of operation is going on. collateral damage is inevitable.

Answer my question. What experience do you have with Pakistan Army personally to form an opinion ?

All I can find is your irresistible desire to TROLL on PDF

Now this is stupid. Really. You have no way of validating any experience I claim just like I dont have any way to validate your claim of you being in the Pak army in the past. Its a forum where people share their opinions based on other posts and information gathered from world media. Not a court room where Subject expert are called to give witness

not surprised at all especially when some sort of operation is going on. collateral damage is inevitable.
True. Its inevitable but some folks have trouble accepting it

Back
Top Bottom