What's new

Collapse Of 250 Ton Goliath Crane At GRSE To Impact India’s Most Advanced Warships Program

OMG!

Now they are blaming it on wind.
A moron mechanic always blames his tools.

The_forward_island_of_the_queen_elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier_being_attached_to_the_main_body_of_the_carrier.jpg

temswxaswe4r5.png

temyhg5t6.png

Last edited:
i think they are not well maintain this crane, every machinery needs a maintenance, just my 2 cent:angel:

Anemometer is common feature in these gantry cranes, crane operator can read the wind speed & air pressure.

MeyerTurku-6.jpg

If the permissible limit exceeds, they may stop the work.

Did the crane collapse when it was idle or when it was in operation?

That's what I thought but information about any injuries and causalities may have not been released. Note that the accident itself is 2 weeks old but the news just came out.
What accident was 2 week old, and the Indian media had no information about injuries and causalities of incident, i think they intentionally hide the information of injuries and causalities, i didn't understand scenario @PurpleStone :undecided:

What accident was 2 week old, and the Indian media had no information about injuries and causalities of incident, i think they intentionally hide the information of injuries and causalities, i didn't understand scenario @PurpleStone :undecided:

It is right there in the OP. Quoting it here.

Sources said the accident happened on 17 April 2018 but was kept under the wraps by the management. It involved collapse of one goliath crane of 250 ton capacity, 47 meter lift covering the Module Hall, Dry Dock and inclined berth at GRSE.

Back
Top Bottom