What's new

Col. Santosh Mahadik's wife commissioned as Lieutenant

Swati Mahadik, wife of Colonel Santosh Yashwant Mahadik, who lost his life fighting the terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir in 2015, has been commissioned as Army Officer on Saturday.

She joined the Indian Army as Lieutenant.

Swati, a graduate from the University of Pune, cleared the Service Selection Board (SSB) examination in 2016 and was undergoing further training at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai.

"When you lose someone who is close to you it hurts. His (Colonel Mahadik) first love was his uniform and his unit, so I just had to wear this. It just happened and I did not even work harder for this. Even my family was with me, so I know I will be able to do it. After wearing this uniform, I want to know what work has to be done and I will learn it," Lieutenant Swati told ANI.

Colonel Santosh Yashwant Mahadik, the commanding officer of 41 Rashtriya Rifles, was killed in a counter-infiltration operation in the Manigah forest of Kupwara district.

An officer from the elite 21 Para-Special Forces unit, Colonel Mahadik was awarded a Sena Medal for gallantry during Operation Rhino in the North-East in 2003.

Respect for Lt. Swati. She overcame a massive personal tragedy and is now an inspiration to all.
Salute!
607939-swati-mahadik.jpg

Now she has to do two duties.
1)Protect bharat mata from the so called terrorists in kashmir.
2)Protect herself from rapists in the indian army.

Permit me to quote a friend of mine, a very respected member of the forum:

just when you think trolling has reached rock bottom, mxxxxs like these pick up a shovel and start digging.

Do not want to derail the very positive thread. want to put my thoughts:
who is better female role model
1. these ladies who overcome life challenges and becoming leader
2. 30+ JNU freeloader ladies

what is the maximum age to Join Indian Army as a commissioned Officer?
btw she looks too old for a LT

what is the maximum age to Join Indian Army as a commissioned Officer?
btw she looks too old for a LT

In singapore, an officer who looks old for the rank would be suspected to have been demoted or commited military crime

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom