What's new

CLT20 from October 9-28, fourth IPL team gets direct entry

Again the trophy will land in India cause 50 % of the teams taking part are Indian .
Haha we Indians are so selfish , and i love it that way :lol:

So why hold a tournament. Why not have a lucky draw and award the trophy to the lucky IPL team. That would make more sense. And don't compare this tournament with soccer CL please. Looks a bit stupid.

Then ask ur board or even ur president infact to stop Sialkot or other Pak team to participate in it. Last time I heard, PCB falls directly under ur President which is indirectly elected by u guys. But ur these views differs completely from that of ur board. PCB infact considers this is a very important and crucial development for them.

Sialkot ask PCB to push for Champions League spot
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/559715.html

In the universe of cricket..India rule...
Get used to it....:drag:
Talked like a true noob.........
If we rule, why do we need to send 4 teams to ensure our victory??This shows the lack of confidence that BCCi has in our abilities...........

Let me give u some facts :

1) BCCI owns 50% of CL...rest is equally owned by CA(Australia) and CSA(South Africa). So 4 teams from India and 2 each from SAF & CA. Other than these, two teams are invited from England alone bcz quality and standard of T20 cricket from there.

2) Initially when CL was about to commence back in 2008, India was to send two teams only and one team was invited from Sialkot but then 26/11 happened and as a result 2008 CLt20 was cancelled. Later when it took place in 2009, team from Pakistan wasn't invited for obvious reasons and their place was taken by 3rd IPL team.

3) Request for 4th IPL team is more from main broadcasters (ESPN network) bcz they have signed a contract for 10 years for CL valuing near $1 billion and that's why they know from where they will earn the most i.e INDIA as its the biggest (BY FAR) market of cricket.

4) Have u every called Champions League (Football) a joke bcz it also offers 4 places each to England, Spain & Germany whereas just 1 only from a group of 26 countries ?

5) No one puts pressure on Pak or any other country to send their team to CL. Infact, its countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, WI etc which cry for participation in CL. Secondly it doesn't fall under ICC nor ICC organizes it. Its a private tournament organized by thee cricket boards on profitability basis So, any body got a problem....GET THE HELL OUT :lol:

this is right and in accordance with what ARRESH was trying to state i suppose...

Cricket is a game, let it be, let the best play...

for BCCI, it is more of a business now, we have seen all that went wrong in IPL last edition, i am not saying that everything was wrong but one have to be more careful about the mistakes then the achievements if they have to progress.

who have more share get more free entries is not good for the game, every cricket body must have equal representation.
if this is the rule, with BCCI gaining more share and investing more in ICC, we might see India A vs India B international ODI's and T20 in years to come...

try hard, be neutral for a moment, and see for yourself is this is what is good for the GAME??

Talked like a true noob.........
If we rule, why do we need to send 4 teams to ensure our victory??This shows the lack of confidence that BCCi has in our abilities...........

Its Business bro....
They dont care who wins the cup...Its about broadcasting, advertisements, ....
The more Indian teams, makes more advertisements, more money, more people watching....
Its a win win situation...
Now a days its not about the game..its about viewership man...:drag:

Then ask ur board or even ur president infact to stop Sialkot or other Pak team to participate in it. Last time I heard, PCB falls directly under ur President which is indirectly elected by u guys. But ur these views differs completely from that of ur board. PCB infact considers this is a very important and crucial development for them.

Sialkot ask PCB to push for Champions League spot
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/559715.html

Is it obligatory that my board should also agree with whatever I am saying? Facepalm.

I am just a fan of Pakistani cricket who holds his own views. What it has to do with PCB.

What is good for the game is ICC should start a similar tournament. Asking BCCI to give same participation and financial leverage would be just like idiotic idea of APL which Tony Grieg gave few days ago of allowing teams from Pakistan, SL & Bng in IPL and sharing revenues with them. WHY ?

Why should BCCI do that. Money is extremely important for every game these days otherwise u see more cases like SL0Pak series not have DRS for starters, SL not able to pay their cricketers for months and Bng not able to make complete payments for BPL. If these nations can't make money or formulate innovative ideas to do so then why should BCCI take responsibility for financially securing them. BCCI has done that in past with SL but they can't take everything for granted. Same applies for other countries and other issues as well.

You can't have all moral responsibility on BCCI whereas other influential boards like CA or ECB stay mum on that.

Back
Top Bottom