Close old threads after discussion is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I have a suggestion that old threads should automatically be closed once the discussion dies down. Many times people suddenly revive 4-5 year old threads with a one line post. This doesn't add anything of value. If a new development has taken place they can start a new thread.

I suggest that if a reasonable time has passed without a discussion on a thread (say 1 month) then the thread should automatically be closed

I have a suggestion that old threads should automatically be closed once the discussion dies down. Many times people suddenly revive 4-5 year old threads with a one line post. This doesn't add anything of value. If a new development has taken place they can start a new thread.

I suggest that if a reasonable time has passed without a discussion on a thread (say 1 month) then the thread should automatically be closed

I look to shut as many as I can.

I look to shut as many as I can.

I think there is a Xenforo plugin for that.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/auto-close-threads.119811/

Not a good idea. Closing old threads means, you can't go back and correct the information that was discussed there. Many times, old threads have fake news which was debunked later on in the future.

VETOED

I believe You most definately have a sinister motive, plus from a humanitarian prospective it would deprive retired troll from carrying out his CPR duties.

Not a good idea. Closing old threads means, you can't go back and correct the information that was discussed there. Many times, old threads have fake news which was debunked later on in the future.

everyone want to delete their past stupid. guess what?

internet is like an elephant. it never forgets

I think if it results in high costs to owner of this website due to increase usage of memory space in their database it is good strategy to delete old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom