What's new

Choppers from BEML by 2017? Yes, says Natarajan

sudhir007

Reaction score
Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Ye dil maange more! Choppers from BEML by 2017? Yes, says Natarajan

heli.jpg

The monopoly of Indian military aircraft maker Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) may be seriously challenged as Bengaluru-based DPSU Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML) reveals plans to begin assembling helicopters and fixed-wing platforms. “When you are already in [the] aerospace business, you can’t keep aircraft manufacturing out of your radar,” BEML Chairman and Managing Director V.R.S. Natarajan said during Aviation Week’s visit to its Palakkad facility. “It’s not immediate, but we are heading in that direction. Plans are afoot and maybe by [the] 2015-17 period, we would have already begun the work.”
The company is working alongside HAL on several projects, providing landing gear for the Dhruv, Chetak and Cheetah helicopters, Natarajan says. BEML, like HAL, is an Indian Defense Public Sector Undertaking. BEML announced early in 2010 the establishment of an Aerospace Manufacturing Division (AMD) to produce ground-handling equipment, tooling and components. The AMD has begun its operations in Mysore, and now BEML is hoping to shift all operations to Devanahalli, near Bengaluru. An agreement with the Karnataka government is already in place to set up an aerospace complex at the special economic zone (SEZ) in Devanahalli.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: BEML seeks IIM-B's help to double fortunes by 2017

ndia’s Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML) has accepted the help of a premier Indian business school in an attempt to meet the goal of doubling its sales by 2017. V.R.S. Natarajan, chairman and managing director, recently told a group of journalists at BEML’s new facility in Kanjikode, near Palakkad in Kerala, that the company hopes to achieve Rs 10,000 crore ($2.2 billion) in sales with the assistance of the Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore (IIM-B). “The Strategic Management Group of IIM-B will look into company affairs from a 360-degree angle and give its findings by March 31, 2011,” Natarajan says. The Palakkad facility opened in May, and within seven months reported profits of Rs 100 crore.

Now thats what I call a Challenge.... NAL has not been a Challenging Competitor for the HAL but BEML is one hell of an Organization... HAL is sure to be surprised... BEML helicopter division is sure to rock I must say

Thats a great news.
Competition makes progress.
Looks like very light and small helicopter.I think it will be the replacement of Cheetah helis.:tup:

So what kind of choppers are the BEML gonna Manufacture??

I think its a light chopper!!!! Good effort by BEML. Now many players are coming forward to make choppers. I guess TATA will make choppers as well.

Tata-BEML could make some very good choppers..TATA is supposed to make helicopters from Hyderabad plant i guess..

I think its a light chopper!!!! Good effort by BEML. Now many players are coming forward to make choppers. I guess TATA will make choppers as well.

NAL has been here for decades and Yet has not made a single helicopter... lets rest our hopes on TATA and BEML to compete HAL

AMCA said:
NAL has been here for decades and Yet has not made a single helicopter... lets rest our hopes on TATA and BEML to compete HAL

Mahindra has also beefed up it's aerospace division. (it aquired some foreign firms last year)

Yar why all heli we are making are light weight

Cant we make one heavy with some foreign help ?

i think govt should sale the LCA project to some private player.....the money which govt will get from the sale can be utilize by the IAF to buy LCA and the private player can put the same money to improve it , it will help to extablish a private fighter menufecturer for the future..

its gonna take a light year for beml to do it trust me.............. i know that place and i have done my training in that company its a production industry not a R&D and its R&D sucks................

Back
Top Bottom